PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A reporter is happy about all this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you new to the Boston area? ;) j/k

LOL not at all I was being sarcastic but I guess some people missed that. Either way I wanted to know who this reporter was so I could sent him a nice email :D.

BUMP

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread but it's been so busy I don't know if anyone noticed but it's worth noting that last year Tomase wrote:

"No two coaches appeared more inseparable than Eric Mangini and Romeo Crennel, which should come as little surprise since the former succeeded the latter as Patriots defensive coordinator. Neither appeared to have much if any public interaction with Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, but in fairness, their paths didn’t cross much in the lobby."

But today he wrote:

"Belichick doesn’t seem too keen on hobnobbing. At the NFL owners’ meetings two years ago, Mangini and Romeo Crennel were inseparable. They frequently walked right past Belichick without even breaking stride."

Interesting how the spin is different today than it was a year ago.

BB doesn't like Tomase and treats him with contempt so Tomase is just returning the favor.

Quoting myself here but thought some might be interested in Tomase's response.

Hey Joan --

A couple of people have asked me about this and I'll tell you what I told them
-- it was nothing nefarious. What I blogged a couple of years ago was based on what I witnessed with my own eyes, but we only saw the coaches for a small portion of the day.

In subsequent conversations with people who witnessed the behind the scenes interactions, it was made clear that Mangini/Crennel and Belichick steered clear of each other. I suppose I could have blogged that later, but not every conversation makes into print, or cyberspace. However, it obviously became relevant this week.

Hope that helps.

John​

Last edited:
Quoting myself here but thought some might be interested in Tomase's response.

However, it obviously became relevant this week.

Hope that helps.

John[/INDENT]

Freakin' loser. It becomes relevant because now the whole country hates the Patriots, so he just decided to keep piling on? How is this even relevant to camera gate, anyway? Are Romeo and Mangina supposed to be the good guys staying away from "evil" BB??? Pathetic. They both need to be thanking their lucky stars that BB built up their careers such that they are both head coaches raking in millions now (although I think by now it is crystal clear that Romeo is in way over his head, time will tell with rat snake Mangini)

Ha ha ha...are you kidding Don? Reporters are supposed to be impartial. The operative words are supposed to be. No, I repeat no reporters are impartial. All have an agenda.

Some reporter actually believe THEY are part of the story! What a joke! These guys get on EEI or something and think their actually PART of our sports culture...like they are celebrities themselves.

See what ESPN has done to these guys.

Hey, all you scribes who try to mix in here, we don't care about your opoin, just print the facts! and get a real job

While I'm not going to name the reporter who was doing this yesterday, I would like to clarify that it was not John Tomase.

He may or may not be guilty of a lot of things when it comes to Belichick and the Patriots, but this isn't one of them.

And no, I am not his best friend/lover/cousin/whatever. We've had our differences; I just don't think he deserves the venom for something he didn't do.

smy

Thanks Shalise. You're right. We are making an assumption that it was him. But as he is the beat reporter for the tabloid with headline Beli-CHEAT I feel justified in my venom.

Last edited:
While I'm not going to name the reporter who was doing this yesterday, I would like to clarify that it was not John Tomase.

He may or may not be guilty of a lot of things when it comes to Belichick and the Patriots, but this isn't one of them.

And no, I am not his best friend/lover/cousin/whatever. We've had our differences; I just don't think he deserves the venom for something he didn't do.

smy

Thanks. I hate to say this because I used to like this reporter until he turned borges on us (rating ratings) but the only one I can think of is Felger. But then again this is a pure guess.

Last edited:
The enabling, glossing over, white-washing, and delusions continue...

I'm no big fan of the 'media', and correct, 'impartial' is a thing of the past, but let's be real here. I think I'll go cheat on my taxes, and when I get busted by the IRS, I won't have to pay it back or pay any penalties because tons of people do it, and I just didn't have the money at the time and...according to some of the twisted logic of quite a few of you. My punishment should be light because other people are 'guilty', too. Tell that to the state trooper who pulls you over for speeding. You're the one that got pulled over, yo, not the other guys that are speeding past you while the trooper is writing out your ticket.

It could certainly be true that Belifraud has been being watched because he's the biggest fish in the pond and singled out for persecution. Good, and I'll tell you why. Goodell's got big b*lls to go after the biggest perp - but only if he really sticks him. Why would going after a team in the basement set any sort of example? It wouldn't deter the Slob one bit, and the only way it will change is if Mr. Untouchable is brought to task. Sorry, but the excuse mongering doesn't make him any less of a cheating dirtbag.

Umm, Were you one of NY chicks BB didn't buy a New York brownstone house for?? It must suck to have nothing else to do with your time since BB came to New England and won 3 Superbowls than to cause trouble on an internet message board....

It amazes me that 7 years later people are still bitter that BB left Jets for the Patriots. Of course if BB had remained the HC of the NYJ, they would be tickled pink with their 3 Superbowl wins. Oh wait, d'uh this is NY where the fans chear when their franchise quarterback gets hurt....

In my view, the media is jumping on Belichick now because of the way he has treated them

As Chad Pennington would say, "It's a privilege to cover the (insert NFL team's name here)!"

smy

That seems like too much of a coincidence for me. After Tomase's reference to Nixon, he stated that many people think he is smart, but technically inept. Tomase said that was false as when BB breaks down film he is pretty proficient with a computer and technology. He alleged that BB could be on the cutting edge of other technologies that would help him cheat or gain a competitive edge....in so many words.... Tomase has an axe to grind and he's going national to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back