A Redskin fan broke down the game plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=1419

I didn't see a breakdown thread for the Redskins this week, but this Redskin fan from Extremeskins weighed in with his analysis. It's just the defense, but he says the offense will be available by saturday.

Wow what a great analysis. With pictures too. Who says a smalll receiver can't block ?

Didn't we used to have someone on this site that posted great breakdowns ?

Whatever could have happened to him I wonder.

R

Last edited:
Fantastic analysis. Do you notice how good the wall of protection is from our OL? They're aways on their feet, giving Tom tie to make the right decision.

I am curious how Washington will do the next couple of weeks as we have exposed their weaknesses and the NFL is a copy cat league.. happened before and will happen again.

Really good analysis, thanks for posting

It was really good analysis, but I do have a small complaint.

He keeps saying that the Redskins should have dropped 1 or 2 DTs back to cover the short passes. They were only rushing 4 guys in those plays he broke down. So you are going to just rush 2 guys and leave a couple of big DTs to cover Welker and Faulk??? If 4 guys are rushing, where the h.e.l.l are the other 7 guys???

On one of those plays (11th picture from the top), we have Welker and a TE complety open in the short middle (right at the 1st down marker) and Maroney or Faulk running out of the backfield to get in position for a pass. All 3 are seamingly uncovered. There are only 4 rushers on 5 Olinemen. Where the crap are the 7 cover guys??? How do 3 of our 5 receivers get THAT open on that play?

Even if you have man coverage on Moss and Stallworth with a deep safety over the top on each side, that should still leave you with 3 DBs to cover these 3 guys that are wide open on this play. You could have left the RB uncovered since he was no where near position yet to make the 1st down, but Welker and the TE are on the first down marker and there is NO defensive player withing 2-3 yards of them (they may have been JUST off the picture).

I think the poor coverage had more to do with that then it was to do with some of the 4 down rushers not dropping into coverage.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I like the pictures especially since they show a potential positive omen for Sunday. The Skins game IMO was the best execution of blocking at the 2nd level the Pats have had all year. If they can show similar effort and execution against the Colts, really good things will happen as a result. The Pats OL generally handle the opponents DL...but too many times the LB and S have clean shots at the RB before getting upfield. Not predicting 50 yard runs, but some of those 4 yard gains will turn into 15 yard gains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back