PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A receiver under 6' 4"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richter said:
Just for Pats67 at the BSMW boards, since the fans of this team have developed a fetish for tall WRs in the draft. Here's my guy:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=133965

And as an added bonus, he'll fit in with the smurfs.

Yes they say he's like 7-11 always open and from what I saw in the East-West shrine game he sure is and also won Biletnikof Award.

broadwayjoe said:
Yes they say he's like 7-11 always open and from what I saw in the East-West shrine game he sure is and also won Biletnikof Award.

The guy is brilliant as a receiver, having watched him play. He has physical limitations, but he's certainly not slow or clumsy, and he's very quick out of his breaks. He'll pick apart coverages with ease in the NFL I think, and make an excellent #3 or solid #2 receiver.

Richter said:
The guy is brilliant as a receiver, having watched him play. He has physical limitations, but he's certainly not slow or clumsy, and he's very quick out of his breaks. He'll pick apart coverages with ease in the NFL I think, and make an excellent #3 or solid #2 receiver.
He's about the same size Givens is, how is his blocking?

Box_O_Rocks said:
He's about the same size Givens is, how is his blocking?

He's actually regarded as an excellent blocker, which is another reason I like him. He's in the Hines Ward/Givens mode, that he'll take wicked hits going across the middle, and put a block on whoever he comes across, without any hesitation. Perfect for a #2 guy, who'll add something to your running game as well as producing as a possession receiver.

Definitely a guy I'm hoping for, just have to figure out how to get him and CB Richard Marshall in Rounds 2 & 3 (might be doable with our earlier #3). Right now my dream draft would be to trade our own #3 and #1 to get to about #15 for Huff then get Marshall and Hass and I'm real happy. It might be a little bit if a stretch but not too much.

:D Find me those 5'-5" guys.

Yeah, knowing the Pats' propensity for Smurfs, I wouldn't be surprised if they took someone like Jeremy Bloom (5'9"). . . .

I'd sign Bloom as a free agent to run back kicks for us. Don't know if he could survive an entire season,. but he'd be exciting.

I have a small receiver for you Moss of Miami. He's only 5'7" or so but he can scoot.

For the third straight year....I'm pining for the Pats to draft an Oregon State guy....

Missed on Jackson because we traded for Corey.

Passed on Brandon Browner.....as did the rest of the league last year.

This year though.....is Hass our guy with a late first day pick? I hope so.

RPCity said:
For the third straight year....I'm pining for the Pats to draft an Oregon State guy....

Missed on Jackson because we traded for Corey.

Passed on Brandon Browner.....as did the rest of the league last year.

This year though.....is Hass our guy with a late first day pick? I hope so.

We've got two third round picks, if he's there I think he's a no-brainer. Definitely a Patriots style player, since he's a graduating senior, has a high football IQ, is a hard worker, produced in college and is very versatile.

Unlike most of the balther on thsi board, Mike hass in the 3rd or 4th seesm like a pick worthy of making. Provided that he runs better than a 4.55 and can indeed be a psossesion receiver who gets seperation enoough to catch the ball.

I agree with Azpatsfan. Hass has to show me he can run. He also has to show me he can get off the line against press coverage.
I do however think he has NFL hands.
He stands to make a lot of money if he runs a great 40 time.

Pats67 said:
:D Find me those 5'-5" guys.

Ok, I will! Well, more like 5'9". David Anderson of Colorado State is a sharp route runner who works well underneath and is widely reported to have the best hands in the draft. If Hass is the Givens of this draft, I'll take Anderson as my Troy Brown on day 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back