Welcome to PatsFans.com

A Reasonable Point of View

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Good take on the Iowa caucases. By Peggy Noonan.
    [size=+3]Be Reasonable
    As Iowa sizes up the candidates, so do I.[/size]

Friday, December 28, 2007 12:01 a.m. EST

By next week politically active Iowans will have met and tallied their votes. Their decision this year will have a huge impact on the 2008 election, and a decisive impact on various candidacies. Some will be done in. Some will be made. Some will land just right or wrong and wake up the next day to read raves or obits. A week after that, New Hampshire. The endless campaign is in fact nearing its climax.

But all eyes are on Iowa. Iowans bear a heck of a lot of responsibility this year, the first time since 1952 when there is no incumbent president or vice president in the race. All of it is wide open.

Iowa can make Obama real. It can make Hillary yesterday. It can make Huckabee a phenom and not a flash, McCain the future and not the past. Moments like this happen in history. They're the reason we get up in the morning. "What happened?" "Who won?"

This is my 2008 slogan: Reasonable Person for President. That is my hope, what I ask Iowa to produce, and I claim here to speak for thousands, millions. We are grown-ups, we know our country needs greatness, but we do not expect it and will settle at the moment for good. We just want a reasonable person. We would like a candidate who does not appear to be obviously insane. We'd like knowledge, judgment, a prudent understanding of the world and of the ways and histories of the men and women in it.

Here are two reasonables: Joe Biden and Chris Dodd. They have been United States senators for a combined 62 years. They've read a raw threat file or two. They have experience, sophistication, the long view. They know how it works. No one will have to explain it to them.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/

//

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  2. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Biden and Dodd, hm-m-m. She's got a point.... a good one.

//

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I'd vote for Biden if he showed he really wanted the job. Oh wait, he fell for the Iraq lies...never mnd.

4. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

How can a guy who's been U.S. Senator for a gazillion years "fall" for any "lies"??? Did he fall off a turnip wagon recently??

No, didn't think so.

GO JOE!!!

//