PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A reason to go for the Steelers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PamperoFirpo

Rookie
Reaction score
I know many are going for the Seahawks and some are still on the fence. Just a little devils advocacy here. Don't mean to dig up the "chuck rule" but does anyone else remember these comments by Holmgren on the Pats in 2004? I am curious to see if BB displays any bias towards the coaches in his pre-game analysis. I am pretty sure he loves Cowher and have a feeling there is no love lost between him and Holmgren.

http://news.bostonherald.com/election2004/view.bg?articleid=13939&format=

another reason to root for the Steelers would be Marshfield's Sean Morey, who is the Steelers special teams captain.

Thank you. I've been looking for a reason to root for someone to lose.

That really helps, until the next one comes along. I'm counting on media day today to bring me over the top.

Nah, that's weak. Keep remembering "Sometimes the better team doesn't win" and you should see red when you see the black and mustard.

:D

brdmaverick said:
another reason to root for the Steelers would be Marshfield's Sean Morey, who is the Steelers special teams captain.

Yes but the Seahawks second ballboy is from Contoocook, NH. :rolleyes:

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Nah, that's weak. Keep remembering "Sometimes the better team doesn't win" and you should see red when you see the black and mustard.

:D

All I need to remember is all the Squealer fans last year screaming how great their team was because they had only lost one game and "crushed the patsies" on Oct 31 and would do the same in the AFC game...shuuuuuuut uuuuuuup!

Don't want to see this board next season if the Squealers win "one for the thumb"
smash.gif

Last edited:
Such a tough call. I don't want to see the Steelers getting overhyped, but the Seahawks just aren't that good of a team...and Shaun Alexander, while outstanding, is not the MVP of the entire league.

And that #12 flag in Seattle just drives me nuts. I can't imagine that the Aggies' fans enjoy it.

Seattle's fans are just bandwagoners, they don't have many true fans that have kept up. Pittsburgh fans, however, overreact to everything....

So many choices... I like to pick the team with the better D, so I'm going w/the Steelers.

brdmaverick said:

Lofa Tatupu is from Wrentham, MA and Matt Hasselbeck is from Nortfolk, Ma.....what's your point?

I can't cheer for the Steelers. Just can't do it.

Garbanza said:
Lofa Tatupu is from Wrentham, MA and Matt Hasselbeck is from Nortfolk, Ma.....what's your point?

You're missing the point. You don't cheer FOR someone, you cheer AGAINTS someone.

That makes life worth living if the Patriots are not playing.

None. There is no friggin reason to pull for the Steelers AT ALL. The players and fans are so full of themselves when they win. I was at the Halloween 2004 game, it was ridiculous. Bettis was showing off on the Jumbotron, "telling" (via hand signals) Willie McGinest to shut his mouth. Screw him. Screw his hometown. Screw his last game. Go Seahawks!

If the Steelers do happen to win, I could handle it as long as we knock them out of the playoffs next year.

Garbanza said:

:agree: D O W N with the TIN MEN!

these guys are so full of themselves ... I really really hope Hawks pull off the
upset.
And the Media ..... they are drooling all over them ... it make me wanta puke!

I'm trying to prepare myself for the Steeler's winning :eat1:
but am hoping like crazy that somehow the Hawks can win.
if they do I'll be :rofl: :rofl:

There are NO reasons for us to root for the Steelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back