Welcome to PatsFans.com

A Reality Check

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mgteich, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +588 / 45 / -19

We are one of the top 6 teams in the nfl.
    =======================================
    We have just won our second significant game on the road. We didn't win any last year.
    Our offense was #1 in points scored and will still be near the top after the weekend is complete.
    Our defense has been improving every week, with lots and lots of players contributing.
    Who expected major contributions from Deaderick, Fletcher, Ninkovich and Arrington?
    Who expected any contribution from Crable?
    Our special teams are much improved (see the Miami game). We now have returners.
    ==============================================
    There is room for improvement, but we are 5-1 without Bodden, Warren, Faulk and Mankins.
    While Moss is gone, we've added Branch. It remains to be seen how this will work out. For now, it seems that the offense will be more to the likeing of many of us with Brady dinking and dunking to the open man, depending on no particular target. I had hoped this would have been possible with Moss still on the team.
    Scheming, play-calling and second half adjustments are much improved.
    We can whine and moan if we wish, but we are in as good a position to win the Super Bowl as any team in the league, with the possible exception of Pittsburgh.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. Modest

Modest Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If we had Bodden, I would have a ton more confidence in this team going deep into the playoffs, if not all the way.

3. mgteich

Ratings:
    +588 / 45 / -19

I agree 100%!

4. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It was a good game. San diego had every possible motivation to win that game yet couldn't. It really wasn't close until the onside kick.

They have a very good defense IMO.

5. Dufflebagz

Dufflebagz 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Losing Bodden was HUGE, it's frustrating to think about. We have to move on and hope that Arrington or Butler can step up.

6. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tough game, good win. I will say more and constructively critique after the hysteria is over. Suffice to say for now, there is much to learn from today's game tape, especially for the offensive line and linebackers. But its easier to take your medicine and learn from your mistakes with a win.

Oh, and to the Matt Light haters...It wasn't him so much, though he could have played better, it was Connolly. BB pulled him after the half, so he saw it that way too.

7. mgteich

Ratings:
    +588 / 45 / -19

I agree.

Light needs help from his LG and occasionally from his TE. He is not a great LT, but he is a competent one. In this game, we see the difference without Mankins.

8. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'll watch it again in the morning, but im positive I saw Connolly playing in the 3rd, and 4th. Maybe he was pulled, or injured, but i don't think he gone for the half.

9. shirtsleeve

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Big struggle for Patriots' offense - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

10. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

11. Coach42

Coach42 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +73 / 8 / -12

#87 Jersey

I always thought this team would have its ups and downs this season because of so many young guys being asked to play big roles. I also thought those "downs" would result in losses. I have to say winning ugly is a good sign, finding a way to get it done now 2 weeks in a row when last years team would have completely folded has me feeling pretty good about where we are. HUGE room for improvement still but I love watching these guys put things together. It is really fun to watch some of these players grow up right in front of our eyes.

12. shirtsleeve

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've stayed out of that and most of the threads tonight. Too many jumpers to talk down off of the ledge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.