PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A rather absurd injury list

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will wait until the Pats add Albert Camus to the injury list before I go as far as to call it absurd....can you spot the absurdity within this post?

What's weird to me is that out of all of these injuries, the only players of note to end up on IR are Dowling and Fletcher. You'd think there'd be a few more season-enders in there.

I will wait until the Pats add Albert Camus to the injury list before I go as far as to call it absurd....can you spot the absurdity within this post?

Any post that can use Albert Camus within it is absurdly good....

It's really hilarious comparing those two injury reports side to side. Just a completely different treatment of the concept.

Doesn't questionable mean they have a 50-50 chance of playing on game day, Probably is 75% or 90% chance to play.

Then again, if they are limited in practice, even if it is a coaching decision, you'd have to think questionable is the right call.

I'm sure BB is following the letter of the law :D.

The continued mindf..ck of BB to the NFL continues, and they do not even know it..

Just like wearing cut off "official" nike(formerly adidas) sweatshirts, playing with the press, these are the absurd rules... so the answer is honor the rules by exaggeration...

And when Salvador Dali gets added it will be surreal. :D

And when Salvador Dali gets added it will be surreal. :D

Maybe they can exhume Federico Fellini to present the next injury report on "Patriots All Access."

The continued mindf..ck of BB to the NFL continues, and they do not even know it..

Just like wearing cut off "official" nike(formerly adidas) sweatshirts, playing with the press, these are the absurd rules... so the answer is honor the rules by exaggeration...

Crazy like a fox, as usual. The league has begun cracking down on teams who fail to list players with significant injury whose egos often have a need to share their predicament with the media. Bill has no intention of being "shmucked" by the shirts ever again. At least not where adhering to the letter of the law simply muddies the waters competitively. He keeps his options open, particularly on offense where they are multiple to begin with. Has to give opponents fits and exacerbate their game planning and practice.

Mankins doubtful; 16 Patriots questionable - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Unless I missed somebody, the top 6 receivers on the team (by depth chart) are all on the injury report, by which I mean 2 TEs (including Hernandez) and 4 WRs.

Similarly the LBs.

The OL, of course, is pretty banged up as well.

At least Brady at some point took his shoulder to Lourdes ...

I guess I'm confused. Are you suggesting that the injury list is bogus, or just that we are ridiculously banged up.

Almost all of the guys on that list have missed games due to injury and/or been significantly hobbled. AHern has missed most of the season and reportedly will be out again. Gronk has reportedly been in severe pain and getting injections; he's touching it out this season. Ditto Mankins, who returned from an ACL injury and has missed several games; he came out of last week's game and was wearing a walking boot afterwards. Connolly also was taken out of last week's game. Vollmer has been toughing out the season like Gronk despite his bad back. Edelman missed several games due to injury. If Welker plays it will only be another testament to his toughness and durability. Chung's been out for ages. Gregory missed several games and is still recovering. White missed several games. Hightower missed several games with a hamstring and obviously hasn't recovered.

Those guys are all legitimately banged up. To not list them would be questionable practice.

I for one, welcome the Edelman, Salas, Hooman Shiancoe Gronkowski offense.

What's weird to me is that out of all of these injuries, the only players of note to end up on IR are Dowling and Fletcher. You'd think there'd be a few more season-enders in there.

Rather see all those Qs than all those IRs which we are seeing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots