PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I have never been to an NFL game but I am going to the SD vs NO game in London in 2 weeks what sort of time should I be arriving before the game for the full game day experience?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum and thanks in advance.

I usually arrive no more than three hours before the game starts and no less than two hours.

I have never been to an NFL game but I am going to the SD vs NO game in London in 2 weeks what sort of time should I be arriving before the game for the full game day experience?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum and thanks in advance.

Tough for us Colonials to help here because the game is in London. If they allow tailgating at the venue (e.g. cookouts in the parking lots) then maybe some bangers or fish n' chips beforehand or somesuch. If you're older, go easy on the Guiness pre-game as you'll spend the game waking back and forth to the urinals. At least you don't need coolers to keep the beer cold.

if this is your first game, i would say go earlier then most ppl will tell you, b/c they go regularly...

if youre going w/ friends or people u know especially, then go 4-5 hrs ahead of time....i dont know if its the same in europe though...do u guys do the whole tailgaiting thing?

I too am going to the game, Batman. I went last year also and i recommend you get there early. The tube will be a nightmare otherwise. Obviously it p***** it down last year but it was still busy by 1pm.
Also, on the main road at the bottom of Wembley Way there's an awesome pub. It looks tiny but has a massive beer garden/tent at back that was set up for all nfl sky games etc. I recommend it, just dont tell too many people!! ;)

You had to buy special tailgating tickets for tailgateing I am taking my father to the game as he hasn't been to a game since a Raiders game back in 88. I know most o my football team are going but they are mainly staying in london I am traveling on the day. There is likely to be gatherings of people round and about but not on the roads around the ground. how long is it usually before stuff happens in the stadium such as warm ups and things like that. I know that when i play we normally start light warm up about 4 hours before kick off but no idea about the pros.

In the US, you usually want to go about 2-2 1/2 hours before. One or one and half hours of solid tailgating and takes about 1/2 to get to the seats. Typically I stay in the lot for another hour after the game gating except for night games. Every once and a while we will do a longer pregame gate.

Don't know about England.

You had to buy special tailgating tickets for tailgateing I am taking my father to the game as he hasn't been to a game since a Raiders game back in 88. I know most o my football team are going but they are mainly staying in london I am traveling on the day. There is likely to be gatherings of people round and about but not on the roads around the ground. how long is it usually before stuff happens in the stadium such as warm ups and things like that. I know that when i play we normally start light warm up about 4 hours before kick off but no idea about the pros.

Try 90 minutes before the game they tend to go out for warmups. I don't think stadiums here let folks inside 3-4 hrs early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back