PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A quick question for all the GMs out there - has Cassel signed his tender? [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A quick question for all the GMs out there [mergedx2]

Well it looks like a few days ago when I posted Cassel, HADN'T signed his tender. However as of today he HAS, and the Pats just have slightly less than $5MM in cap space. Thanks for all the info guys

I still think the best deal would be with KC for TGonsales, and then swapping picks in the 2nd 3rd and 4th rounds and getting a 2nd-4th in 2010 (depending on Cassel's production).

KC gives up Gonsales, who wants out anyway and would be worth more to the Pats than the Chiefs. And while they move down 20 slots in the 2nd 3rd & 4th rounds, Pioli is more in need of quantity than quality (like the Pats in 2000). Here he gets a young proven QB and still keeps a pick in EVERY round in 2009.

For the Pats its a different story. They get a guy at #3 in the 2nd who will probably have a first round grade. They finally get their pass receiving TE that BB's been looking for since Ben Coates. They also improve the quality of their picks in round 3 and 4, which have been good rounds for them.

THe Lions would be the simplest deal, for the 20th pick in round 1, but that would make too much sense, and we are talking about the "LIONS",

My second choice would be the Bucks for a combination of 2nd and 3rd round picks now and in the future. They have the cap room, the need and a new coach. Seems like a plan.

Last edited:
Re: A quick question for all the GMs out there [mergedx2]

Well it looks like a few days ago when I posted Cassel, HADN'T signed his tender. However as of today he HAS, and the Pats just have slightly less than $5MM in cap space. Thanks for all the info guys

I still think the best deal would be with KC for TGonsales, and then swapping picks in the 2nd 3rd and 4th rounds and getting a 2nd-4th in 2010 (depending on Cassel's production).

KC gives up Gonsales, who wants out anyway and would be worth more to the Pats than the Chiefs. And while they move down 20 slots in the 2nd 3rd & 4th rounds, Pioli is more in need of quantity than quality (like the Pats in 2000). Here he gets a young proven QB and still keeps a pick in EVERY round in 2009.

For the Pats its a different story. They get a guy at #3 in the 2nd who will probably have a first round grade. They finally get their pass receiving TE that BB's been looking for since Ben Coates. They also improve the quality of their picks in round 3 and 4, which have been good rounds for them.

THe Lions would be the simplest deal, for the 20th pick in round 1, but that would make too much sense, and we are talking about the "LIONS",

My second choice would be the Bucks for a combination of 2nd and 3rd round picks now and in the future. They have the cap room, the need and a new coach. Seems like a plan.
Say no to Gonzo, unless he'll sign a new "show me" contract. KC can give NE their #34 pick this year with a 2010 performance based pick (minimum of a 3rd).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back