Welcome to PatsFans.com

A quick jab at the Left

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by khayos, Aug 27, 2010.

1. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was at the game last night with my Dad, a 25 year+ government employee who later went into consulting, and who voted for Bush the first time around but got so sick of government largesse he started to veer to the left.

The scene: Gillette Stadium, 300 level, getting two full servings of Harpoon IPA priced at $10

The vendor: $20 please

My Dad: $10 even for each beer? No tax on it? Alright Deval (Patrick)!

Me (looking at the beer, then over at him): Only a true Democrat would think no tax on a $10 beer is a good deal.

... just thought I'd share ;)
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  2. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

And the punch doesn't land.
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

That's actually pretty funny.
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -8

FYI...I know how to avoid paying any tax on alcohol.

If ya wanna know, just ask!:D;)
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

And like a true Republican you were *****ing about taxes while getting a handout. ;)
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -8

I've told you and other more than once, I've never been a republican in my 51 years on this earth.

CARE TO TRY AGAIN?

I also stated that I'd have preferred to pay $25K LESS for my house than to get a check for $8K. But since I pay more taxes than the majority of Americans, of course I was forced to accept the lesser of the options.

I will continue to bich about taxes and still drive on our publically funded roads too!:D:singing:
  7. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

How can you not be a republican when you've got the serious cognitive dissonance going on? :confused2:
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -8

Because I can't stand either party. I was a democrat and only voted for democrats (except gov. Weld) until I voted for Scott Brown.

But since this depression started (see http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/12/457719-we-depression.html), I've come to the realization enough is enough. Time for us to hold our gov't responsible.
  9. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

No, no, no

I was relying to the thread/khayos, not you...
  10. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It was a joke. But private industry in the last 30 years has been the engine of jobs creation, so I'm not sure how the government is responsible for that. For the government to create more jobs you'd have to take out more loans to inject into the economy, which we know you oppose. The problem with the economy and the jobs situation is that banks and wealthy people are sitting on money since they don't see many good investment opportunities. It's as much a group-think mindset as the mindset leading up to the depression.

At least you called it a depression and not the feint term "economic downturn". What a load of sh1t that is.
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -8

See what you've done to me? You've INFLUENCED me Chico!;)

my bad.....
  12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -8

There are some who believe it's evil to use the "D-word". Like it's bad luck to call a duck a duck.

you & I actually agree on a lot of the causals Strud. like you, I vehemently support strict regulation of the financial industry....but it may be too late.
  13. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I paid :p
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

You are the resident expert on how to avoid taxes... but then you cry about our economic problems, maybe if you and many other people played by the rules there would be less cash flow issues...

Glad you divorced yourself from the Democratic Party, who needs cheaters... you are better suited for the right..
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  15. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 5 / -8

Wait, you mean the guy who signed up for the account has never been a republican, or you mean the online persona you use on Patsfans has never been a republican?

Since the latter is all you maintain we have here, and since it is your default position in the case of self-contradiction and admission/promotion of felonies, that's my natural conclusion: that you only speak as a disembodied online persona.

By the way, Virginia has open primaries. I have not registered as a Dem since living here. I voted for a while in Maryland, and I think they "D'd" me there, but it was about 20 years ago. That's me the real person, not an online persona -- just for those who make the distinction.

That's cuz you want something for nothing.

:singing:
  16. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 5 / -8

Yet we have segment after segment across all the broadcast outlets about how Washington is broken, not about how Capitalism is broken.

For my part, I'm plenty happy to say "Depression" when we define the term and establish that we match the parameters.

I think it was Patters that said there's a broad consensus that you say the D word after seven quarters' economic contraction - that's a pretty high bar. We haven't had it, either. It's a sh1tty economy, but fuzzying up an already fuzzy definition doesn't seem like something to get a medal for.

It's the worst economy anyone here has ever seen as adults - possibly depending on what age Harry claims to be on a given day. If ya want to say the "D" word, knock yourself out. Once we have a "clinical Depression" that matches the consensus definition, whattaya call that?

PFnV