mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Matthews/Sintim/English/Barwin
Moore/Johnson/Vaughn
Wood/Unger/Mack
Moreno/Wells

Would we be upset with one from each list. Why is the order of when we get the players so critical to board members?

I can understand why some of us want an OT or a DE, but I don't understand the revolt against the mock which gave us a top RB as well as a top OLB, S and WR.

ill go so far as to say what the heck is the difference what position we get if we get 4 or 5 really good players. i mean, yah, we'd prefer certain positions, but if we get a bunch of really good players, I dont care what position they play. good players find their way onto the playing field

Yeah I agree with both of you but you don't want to overdraft a player and risk missing out on a quality player you could have had in that spot while still getting said overdrafted player later.

I agree with the point of your post.

The problem I have with the players is that the only way we get Moreno or Wells is at #23 (and I don't want to "waste" that pick on a RB).

We all have our own preferences, but I think the general consensus is yes we'd be happy with one of each.

With the one exception being that I'm not thinking about RB on day one. The only way I take Moreno(as much as I love him) would be if English and Darius Butler are off the board. The problem with taking a RB that early is you're investing a lot of $ and years on a guy that may not survive the length of that rookie contract.

Last edited:
That's the beauty of this year's draft. There are multiple players that could fit the mold. I don't remember a draft like this where I'd be happy with any of 3 players at multiple positions. Perhaps it's just the depth the patriots have been able to put together. There is no glaring need where you have to have a certain player.

Also from about say 15 down to 40 it would be hard to know who the BPA is ... unless someone really drops

No glaring need but IMO a few positions can certainly be upgraded from what we have now (OLB, S, OT/OG)

We have 5 RB's - im sure we dont need another one!

Matthews/Sintim/English/Barwin
Moore/Johnson/Vaughn
Wood/Unger/Mack
Moreno/Wells

Would we be upset with one from each list. Why is the order of when we get the players so critical to board members?

I can understand why some of us want an OT or a DE, but I don't understand the revolt against the mock which gave us a top RB as well as a top OLB, S and WR.

I want to go on record as saying I like Moreno. I watched him in the SEC and the kid was dynamite almost from day one. He is not a true bruner and not really a decent blocker, but he makes things happen as a runner and receiver and returner. He has runner's eyesight that you just can't teach.

I am not a fan of Beenie "I bruise easier than a banana" Wells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes