PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A question for those of you with Game Rewind All-22 access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Those were incredibly disappointing but this is the first I remember where I am actually pissed. I almost never come to this site after a game, but I really needed to vent after this one. Its not like it was just one or two bad calls that cost us the game, which is a fairly accepted part of football. This was full on, mind blowing incompetence. This should have NFL offices absolutely embarrassed.

I CANT WAIT to see if a video come out to show us a definitive angle of that kick. Sadly, I am sure that video has already been buried along with the shovel.

Ditto......

Looked good to me.

Can someone please tell me why the Pats never went for a 2 pt conversion so it would have taken 2 tds to win and a fg would have only been a tie.
Because if they miss the 2-point, then the Ravens would've only needed 3 FGs to win as opposed to the TD, extra point, and FG that they got.

They were playing not to lose. Against any other team on any other night, it would have worked out just fine.

Because if they miss the 2-point, then the Ravens would've only needed 3 FGs to win as opposed to the TD, extra point, and FG that they got.

They were playing not to lose. With a more competent set of referees, it would have worked out just fine.

Fixed that. . . .

Last edited:
Idk if this helps at all but I think it's not a good field goal.

uCD13.png

Last edited:
I wouldn't have bet this game tonight(my betting days are long gone anyway)...I posted why last Tuesday...the one thing I questioned was how the officials would favor one team or the other...I was convinced that would be the case, and, as we all saw, the crucial calls went against the Patriots...OK...tough loss, sukk it up, blah blah blah...NOW, here is where it gets interesting....what happens when Goodell lowers his rod of correction and makes a gigantic issue of BB touching the ref's arm, as his bunch of lackeys at NFLN immediately launched into at game's end??? THAT raised my antennae immediately....IF this FG was no good, does the Omissioner bury his head in the sand while at the same time demonizing BB AGAIN...for an action that is a direct result of HIS, (Goodell's) total mishandling, botching and butchering of this "ref issue"?

Is there any way a collective group of fans can get on air facetime and demand transparency from Goodell? I mean just so THAT is on record, archived and able to be put in his face UNTIL he answers? Until now, he has NEVER answered any fan questions about his actions as NFL commissioner...don't WE, as the money backbone of the league HE runs, qualify as de facto stockholders?

You've all seen these cyber events where masses of people suddenly show up, flash mobs? I would take time out of my day, at my age, and join one at the Razor just to force the media to cover it...it's time Goodell got the message, without the protection of his sanitized "press op" dog and pony extravaganzas to fall back on....raw and in his face, live and recorded...it's not only we, Pats fans, who are outraged...it's fans all over the country from all the other teams. Either that or just forget about anything remotely close to REAL NFL football. It's over.

Joker I've been noticing all of the NFL Network propaganda about the BB and Ref incident too. I'm 99% positive BB is going to see more than just a $$ fine. Goodell hates the Patriots. At this point I fully expect BB to be suspended for at least 1 game.

Joker I've been noticing all of the NFL Network propaganda about the BB and Ref incident too. I'm 99% positive BB is going to see more than just a $$ fine. Goodell hates the Patriots. At this point I fully expect BB to be suspended for at least 1 game.

Fine, yes. Suspension, no.

Fine, yes. Suspension, no.

I certainly hope not but you should see the filth the "experts" on NFL Network are spewing already. Couple that with how sensitive the league is about criticism towards the refs and I think a suspension isn't impossible.

You never know, CT....I would never put anything past this man...he's got HUGE PR problems and the way he handles it is to make gigantic mountains out of any nearby mole hills. Today was Black Sunday across the NFL...the biggest PR hit in NFL history...I am personally writing Robert Kraft, the FAN, not the owner, a snail mail missive. Before he ever entertained being an owner he was a die hard fan...so AM I. I'm not rich in monetary terms but I have life experience every bit as full as he does. As a fan I want ACTION...as a paying customer I DEMAND to be heard by the owner of the franchise I, and millions of others, SUPPORT. I was going the 7th...already paid over a grand up front...I'll BURN the tickets in public at the Razor and post it on You Tube and see how the people in the business of promoting and burnishing the image of the NFL feel about that.

I'll get a good look at everything when I can. Feel free to list more plays that you want me to look at.

And if anyone knows of any free, decent video capturing tools for a Mac, let me know and I'll make videos.
(Emphasis on usable. Have tried two so far, both gave me like 4 frames per second)

I seriously just signed up for this website to reply to you.

Quicktime Media Player is a decent video capturing tool. Seriously! Just open up the program, go to file->new screen recording->...and it should all be self explanatory from there, if not google will answer that for you.

GOOD LUCK AND THANK YOU!

Except that, as Mike Pereira notes, it has to go inside the uprights. If it goes over the point at the top of the crossbar, it's no good.

That's not what Pereira said. He said it has to be inside of the *outside edge of the upright*. So if it goes over the top of the upright without being outside the outside edge of the upright, then it's good.

We have no way of knowing if it really was good, but it was insanely close. Put it this way: if it was ruled no good, Ravens fans would be going bonkers right now, and rightfully so. It was as close as it can possibly get.

That's not what Pereira said. He said it has to be inside of the *outside edge of the upright*. So if it goes over the top of the upright without being outside the outside edge of the upright, then it's good.

We have no way of knowing if it really was good, but it was insanely close. Put it this way: if it was ruled no good, Ravens fans would be going bonkers right now, and rightfully so. It was as close as it can possibly get.

I realized that, belatedly.

But, still, the evidence is at best inconclusive.

I realized that, belatedly.

But, still, the evidence is at best inconclusive.

Exactly. I do think that if the upright was 3 feet higher, that ball ricochets off it and the kick is no good. :bricks:

Having no clue what perspective that's from it looks like the ball passed to the right of the pole. Does that equate to good or no good?

I believe this is why the play is non-reviewable. Camera really doesn't tell the whole story but it does show how close the call was.

edit: btw that is the right hand upright you are looking at. It is a little clearer in the youtube.

Last edited:
You never know, CT....I would never put anything past this man...he's got HUGE PR problems and the way he handles it is to make gigantic mountains out of any nearby mole hills. Today was Black Sunday across the NFL...the biggest PR hit in NFL history...I am personally writing Robert Kraft, the FAN, not the owner, a snail mail missive. Before he ever entertained being an owner he was a die hard fan...so AM I. I'm not rich in monetary terms but I have life experience every bit as full as he does. As a fan I want ACTION...as a paying customer I DEMAND to be heard by the owner of the franchise I, and millions of others, SUPPORT. I was going the 7th...already paid over a grand up front...I'll BURN the tickets in public at the Razor and post it on You Tube and see how the people in the business of promoting and burnishing the image of the NFL feel about that.

do it you wont, or better yet send it to me so i can go in an ROOT for my team instead of pulling some occupy wall street bull**** with occupy nfl stadiums

That's not quite my question.

My question is, "Does it show it?"

I was planning to buy it anyways—since it gives access to every Pats game since 2009, and access through the offseason—but I just wanted to ask before I spent the extra $$.

Not really - you still wouldn't be able to know exactly when the ball crossed the plane, which you would have to know to make that determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes