Welcome to PatsFans.com

A Question for the Global Warming Alarmists

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Apr 3, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OK, some group somewhere released a prediction that this season we are looking at a heavy hurricane season (17 named storms)... so I want to know is that prediction is consistent with global warming...? I mean, are we going to have a busy hurricane season or a slow one...?

Oh wait, I forget... what you guys do is just sit back and let things play out... and then, no matter what happens, you blame it on global warming.

Busy 2005...? It's because of global warming..!!
    Slow 2006...? It's because of global warming..!!

Whatever happens in 2007, I am sure it will be global warming's fault..!!
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Once again, now take a deep breath, weather or weather prediction is just the news, global warming or climate change is history. This is just a prediction, I know that Fox wants you believe otherwise, but it is what it is.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

The global climate is not dictated by the # of hurricaines on the east coast. Yes, the HURRICAINE season in the united states was more docile than predicted. The Monsoons in Asia was the 6th wettest, and recorded some of the most powerful storms in many years.

Why do you keep pushing the talking points on a 'global warming myth'?
    whats the point? I'll trust 2,000 scientists from all over the world before I trust a person who posts on a football message board calling people names, and repeating things from a memo written by paid oil operatives, and rewritten by the bush administartion.
    bottom line is, we are all going to have to wait and see, because it seems like people who think like you do are the ones making the policy.

What is the big deal with you people about being aware of this, and looking to change? This is not a left wing 'loony' conspiracy....its about the planet changing, and us as intelligent humans having the knowledge to see the change and help stop it.
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

I think you should read up on the issue, before making such a foolish post. It is not known if global warming has an effect on the number of hurricanes. What is believed is that global warming increases the temperature of the water, which in turn can lead to more powerful hurricanes.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I agree.

When you play roulette, you play the odds. Bush, FOX, Big Oil vs. the majority of the community of climate scientists....hmmmm...tough one!

Warming is less important than the general matter of pollution. Poisoning of water, soil and air is much more important to me than warming or chilling. Humans have survived that before.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

We're on a similar page bud.
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Said from the 'way way back' of the station wagon with simulated wood-grain panelling....

"QuiGon started it!"
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

The "BUSH/AMERICA" is causing all the Global Warming, France, Germany, Africa, China, Japan, Cuba (55 Chevy's lol), Cambodia (smoke caused by cooking dogs on an open fire), Russia and Finland have nothing to do with it.

The only way to stop Global Warming is to elect a Democrat President Of The United States, in order to save the world from exploding and burning us all to a crisp is to get rid of that damn little pain in the a$s George Bush.

Once this is done and Bush is gone the world will start to cool, just you wait and see.

The world was much cooler when "Our Bill" was president, it was so wonderful to see him biting his little lip and enjoying himself down on Martha's Vineyard cavorting with all his movie star friends, God how I miss him, I can't remember a summer when the temperature went over 70 when Our Bill was president why just the other day I had a women say to me, "wasn't it nice and cool during the nineties".

Lots Of Choclates For Me To Eat
    Lots Of Coal Making Lots Of Heat
    Warm Hands Warm Feet
    Wouldn't It Be Lovely
    :bricks:
  9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

All's I know is that if this prediction was released on the cover of Sports Illustrated I wouldn't put any stock in it at all. Those guys are always wrong.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Homelessness & Global Warming always seem to vanish from the NY Times headlines when a Democrat president comes along, instead they talk about the easter Egg Hunts in the Rose garden and they follow the Democrat to church every sunday morning.
  11. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Any link to a poll of the "majority of climate scientist" I haven't seen a scientific poll.
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

...........rrrrrrReally?
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Really. I have seen numerous claims made, but no real poll. Many prominent scientist have doubts about man 'causing' lobal warming and about whether the effects would be negative.

I have also read accounts of intimidation of scientist getting funding withdrawn if they don't go along with the bureaucratic dictates.

Really.
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Have you also read accounts of scientists who claim its not caused by CO2 being funded by exxon mobil?

If I can show you a 'poll' of scientists on their views of global warming...will you agree to drop this, and recycle?
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Yes And I have posted numerous articles from 'pure scientist'.

Besides whether they got funding from an energy compnay or not doesn't impact whether the science is valid or not.
  16. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I give up...you ask for a poll, I show you a poll....you question the poll....

lets wait it out I guess...keep on doing what it is you do, and we will revisit this when the oceans do or don't rise.

until then....
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/306/5702/1686

"...The American Meteorological Society (6), the American Geophysical Union (7), and the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) all have issued statements in recent years concluding that the evidence for human modification of climate is compelling (8).

The drafting of such reports and statements involves many opportunities for comment, criticism, and revision, and it is not likely that they would diverge greatly from the opinions of the societies' members. Nevertheless, they might downplay legitimate dissenting opinions. That hypothesis was tested by analyzing 928 abstracts, published in refereed scientific journals between 1993 and 2003, and listed in the ISI database with the keywords "climate change" (9).

The 928 papers were divided into six categories: explicit endorsement of the consensus position, evaluation of impacts, mitigation proposals, methods, paleoclimate analysis, and rejection of the consensus position. Of all the papers, 75% fell into the first three categories, either explicitly or implicitly accepting the consensus view; 25% dealt with methods or paleoclimate, taking no position on current anthropogenic climate change. Remarkably, none of the papers disagreed with the consensus position...."

There's plenty more.
    It took me 5 minutes to research, cut and paste, and respond to your question. The best way to learn is to answer your own questions.

Care to address the real and primary problem, pollution due to huamn activity? I understand that "GW" is the new hip political distraction that enables the polluters to buy time while they get away with murder and all but....:mad:
  20. PatFanInChina

PatFanInChina Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have said this before and I'll say it again. Humans have zero, nil, zilch to do with global warming OK. And the people who believe that, you make us (human beings) sound more powerful than we truly are. All of humanity contributes about 4% to global warming on our planet per year. Termites and cows, which I’m sure, you've heard of before produce more greenhouse gases that us humans could ever produce. But I guess that doesn't matter. As for the bright idea of banning incandescent (conventional screw-in light bulbs) and replacing them with reflurescent light bulbs is a BRILLIANT idea. None of these reflurescent are made in the US. Guess where they're made. Not in Canada and not in Mexico. Yes, right in my own back yard. China. Now do you really think that China is going to take any environmental precautions to produce and manufacture these light bulbs. I don't think so. So what's gona happen? China will just build new and dirty factories which burn coal without giving a ***** about anybody else except profit.
    As Wistahpatsfan and Rela World stated. I rather worry about problems that you and I can solve, such as polluted rivers, soil, deforestation, providing water to the needy and so on. Instead of complaining and worrying about something that we don't truly understand and grasp the cause and effect of.

Real World. That FIFA trophy looks real nice but I assure you that the Czech Republic will raise the trophy in S.Africa.
    At least I hope so.

Photo of all of the ***** polluting our water and earth from China. I'd love to see a picture like that coming of the East coast of the US.

Attached Files: