PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Question For The Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCal Patriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Does anyone know an on line site that has all of The Patriots Games by year with results ? What I'm looking for exactly is ,what year did The Patriots play the infamous Monday Night Football Game against The New York Jets? I know that it was in The 1970's but I can't remember exactly when. Any help would be most appreciated.
A second question is does anyone remember how long The Patriots didn't play a Home Monday Night Football Game after these incidents? Thanks.

Last edited:
Does anyone know an on line site that has all of The Patriots Games by year with results ? What I'm looking for exactly is ,what year did The Patriots play the infamous Monday Night Football Game against The New York Jets? I know that it was in The 1970's but I can't remember exactly when. Any help would be most appreciated.
A second question is does anyone remember how long The Patriots didn't play a Home Monday Night Football Game after these incidents? Thanks.

this is a good site for what you want as well as for player stats. they're slow to update though and i have found errors on player data, but never on team info.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/teams.nsf/histories/patriots

http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/s/alltimehistory.html

Here are a couple of "clues" to get you started on your search:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpa...National Football League/New England Patriots

Foxboro Board Grants Patriots a 2d Hearing

AP
Published: July 1, 1981
The three-man Board of Selectmen voted unanimously tonight to reconsider its decision barring the New England Patriots from starting a Monday night National Football League game Sept. 21 at the usual 9 P.M. time.

Acting on a request by the Patriots' owner and president, William H. Sullivan Jr., the selectmen decided to grant the Patriots another hearing July 14 so that the club can present further arguments for playing the Dallas Cowboys at the scheduled time at Schaefer Stadium.

A week ago, the board voted, 3-to-0, against granting the Patriots a license for the nationally televised game unless the kickoff was moved up an hour to 8 P.M.

A 9 P.M. game in 1976 resulted in 40 arrests, and one in 1979 in 24 persons taken into custody. Last year there were 49 arrests.

Last edited:
Here ya go:

9/21/81 - Dallas @ New England
10/23/95 - Buffalo @ New England

14 years without MNF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back