PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A question for anyone who watches WSU football

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelerSteve

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I didn't know which forum to post this in, but I have a question. If you have watched any WSU games and followed them for any period of time, do you think Alex Brink will enter the draft? and if he does, do you think he has any potential?

I didn't know which forum to post this in, but I have a question. If you have watched any WSU games and followed them for any period of time, do you think Alex Brink will enter the draft? and if he does, do you think he has any potential?

That would be for the "Draft Forum", Steve.

I am not an expert draft evaluator ,,,

but I do not see any reason why Brink would not be entered in the draft, see copy-paste from Google search below. He is a 5 year player.

And would imagine he would be capable of becoming a journey man/ back-up QB, atleast. He seems to spread the ball around pretty good, I have no idea about his arm strength. Heck he could be the next Tom Brady (or bust). I did not see his name on one draft site I checked, so it is looking like a low round pick, maybe.

The Apple Cup is this weekend, will take another look, (It doesn't take much incentive for me to watch another football game)

From Sporting News,,

PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) -- In his college career, Alex Brink has passed for 10,514 yards and 71 touchdowns, joining only six others in Pacific-10 Conference history to reach such heights.

His numbers have surpassed such Washington State University greats as Jason Gesser, Drew Bledsoe and Ryan Leaf. But one thing they have that Brink doesn't: a postseason trip to a bowl game.

His 315.5 yards per game of total offense and 310.8 yards passing per game this season place him at the top of a talented, but injury-prone class of Pac-10 quarterbacks. Yet the Cougars have averaged fewer than 25 points per game this season, placing WSU ninth in the conference in scoring offense.

Brink holds WSU career records for net yards passing and TDs, as well as pass attempts (1,411) and completions (821) -- surpassing Gesser in every category.

The 6-foot-3, 207-pound Brink, who has started 39 games since taking over midway through his freshman season, conceded being shut out from postseason play was his biggest disappointment.

WSU coach Bill Doba has had Brink on his team for all five years he's been head coach. Brink redshirted his freshman season.

WSU fan here.

Brink does not have good arm strength and does not have a muscular build. He can be accurate, but inconsistent overall. Good scrambler. Could probably run a practice squad offense, but doubt he will transition to the pros very well.

I will be going to WSU in a year so you've come to the right guy.

I think the above poster was a little too tough on Brink. He actually has a decent arm and can put a good zip on intermediate throws. His problem is making decisions on the fly. When put in a situation where the play breaks down it's disaster for Brink because he thinks he can squeeze it into tight spots and it often gets him into trouble. I think he'll get drafted but pretty late.

I will be going to WSU in a year so you've come to the right guy.

I think the above poster was a little too tough on Brink. He actually has a decent arm and can put a good zip on intermediate throws. His problem is making decisions on the fly. When put in a situation where the play breaks down it's disaster for Brink because he thinks he can squeeze it into tight spots and it often gets him into trouble. I think he'll get drafted but pretty late.
I guess I must not be a very good judge on arm strength, what is the best way of evaluating it? When I have watched brink throw it didn't look like he had a cannon of an arm, but seemed like he could get the ball down field pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back