PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A question about NFL NETWORK HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I have has NFL Network for some time now but I just got an HD/DVR Box from my cable company and now when I go to the new NFL Network HD channel,the picture/event sometimes freezes for a slight second or two and some of those annoying little blocks appear during this time (if you know what I mean about these little color blocks which shows up when the picture is freezing for this short time)

Has anyone had this problem with the HD channels or especially with the HD NFL Network shows? - and if so what is the solution?

The freezing does not last for more than a second but sometimes its frequent and annoying,especially watching a game or game highlights.

BTW: I have a 52" Samsung LCD/HDTV flatscreen and I am using a monster HD cable.

You said "cable company" so im assuming you don't have a dish. Try shortening your cable length if possible and make sure you don't have any splitters from the wall connection. Most times the converter lags due to the rate of info flowing through the cable caused splitters or cable length.

I bet you have a sat. dish ?

If yes , then the problem could be either the LNB or the dish that shakes when it is windy .

Last edited:
I DO NOT have Satellite and my cable leads from the wall cable socket directly to the HD/DVD box but still don't know why I get the sporadic 'freezing blocks' on the HD channels,Although I have had that freezing on the regular channels at times as well.

The cable wire is about 20 feet long and needs to be that long so that it reaches to the HD box which is set to the left of the TV and really the only place I can put it.

Last edited:
I DO NOT have Satellite and my cable leads from the wall cable socket directly to the HD/DVD box but still don't know why I get the sporadic 'freezing blocks' on the HD channels,Although I have had that freezing on the regular channels at times as well.

The cable wire is about 20 feet long and needs to be that long so that it reaches to the HD box which is set to the left of the TV and really the only place I can put it.

Do you have Cox or Comcast? My GF lives in RI and has Cox. She has the same problem. The guy that put the tv and surround sound system said it is a problem with Cox.

Do you have Cox or Comcast? My GF lives in RI and has Cox. She has the same problem. The guy that put the tv and surround sound system said it is a problem with Cox.

I am in PA and have Service Electric

(Service Electric is the very first Cable company ever and showed HBOs very first show)

I have similar problems with NFL/HD

Using a Samsung 46' LCD with Monster.

My set has an 8ms frame rate
I have heard of models that deliver 4ms
Quicker should translate to less tiles on motion shots

Can't tell if this is a TV or Content Delivery issue

I have similar problems with NFL/HD

Using a Samsung 46' LCD with Monster.

My set has an 8ms frame rate
I have heard of models that deliver 4ms
Quicker should translate to less tiles on motion shots

Can't tell if this is a TV or Content Delivery issue

Yeah dude,Me too - Its frustrting not knowing where the problem lies - I hope I don't have to go through a play in Sunday's game that freezes a second before Brady makes a goaline throw.

Yeah dude,Me too - Its frustrting not knowing where the problem lies - I hope I don't have to go through a play in Sunday's game that freezes a second before Brady makes a goaline throw.

No worries there, it's Tom Brady - the throw will be complete - TOUCHDOWN Patriots!!

Replace the cable that leads from the wall cable socket directly to the HD/DVD box , i had the same problem 1 year ago , the guy from the cable company found the source of the problem in 2 min. because he had some tool that check the intensity of signal going from wall throu cables , and there was a loss of quality because of one bad cable.

Thank me ,tomorrow !

if you have NFLN Hd that means you should have NFLN non-HD. I would watch non-HD see if it freezes, if it doesn't then either have a bad box or bad cable. If you are using a componet connection then try an HDMI cable instead and vice versa. If it still happens, get the cable provider to get you a new box. Won't do you any good for tomorrow's game tho :p

If it is only happening on that channel, then I doubt it is something wrong with your TV, box, or any other physical component. Most likely, the signal feed from NFLN is temporarily screwy.
I seem to have this problem on UHD from time to time.

Good luck, and god bless NFLN!

Replace the cable that leads from the wall cable socket directly to the HD/DVD box , i had the same problem 1 year ago , the guy from the cable company found the source of the problem in 2 min. because he had some tool that check the intensity of signal going from wall throu cables , and there was a loss of quality because of one bad cable.

Thank me ,tomorrow !
The problem is as wes states. It's a signal based problem and you are not getting a strong enough signal. I have had this issue with many people and it's a cable end or a problem with your cable company's signal coming into your home (too many houses on the same node).

If the recommended fix quoted above does not resolve your issue have your cable company come and do a signal strength test. You should not have to live with tiling (that's what it's called).

NFLN HD is really disappointing. Sure the NFL replays are in HD, but 80% of their programming has the bars around the outside with a 4:3 ratio in low D. With all the money they have, couldn't they attempt to look more like ESPN HD?

NFLN HD is really disappointing. Sure the NFL replays are in HD, but 80% of their programming has the bars around the outside with a 4:3 ratio in low D. With all the money they have, couldn't they attempt to look more like ESPN HD?

I agree, but does it really matter if we can see the freckles on Rich Eisen's face?

Not only that,but the NFLN doesn't broadcast
in Dolby digital 5.1.

Not even when they're rebroadcasting a HD
feed from ESPN,FOX,NBC and CBS.

So,a replay of a game is in HD(or HD-lite) and they don't carry the original DD 5.1 feed

This is strictly a money issue with the NFLN,
everyone broadcasts in DD,but them.

This is pi$$ poor service...they just don't care.:bricks:

I agree, but does it really matter if we can see the freckles on Rich Eisen's face?

I have HD and I cant even see much hair on Eisen's head either! :p

I have HD and I cant even see much hair on Eisen's head either! :p

in Dolby digital 5.1.

So,a replay of a game is in HD(or HD-lite) and they don't carry the original DD 5.1 feed

in Dolby digital 5.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey