Welcome to PatsFans.com

a Private message from Jak14 to me

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by 3 to be 4, Sep 2, 2006.

1. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

From Jak14 to me in a PM:

MURDER AT OLD COUNTRY BUFFET

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I still see that you have not, although you talk a lot of crape, seen the light, I asked you to make a one dollar donation into the foundation and you couldn't even do that, I am appaulled at you asking for forgiveness for your remarks about the carcuss you so point blank explained to the public, the next message I send will be to the Patriots and also all members"

Wrong. I'M taking it public!

i came clean about feeling bad for a making a joke about this incident. Jak14 told me he/she had let it go. I asked for forgiveness. I was very public about how the incident made me see things about myself i needed to let go. Jak14 told me earlier I had been forgiven. God forgives me. And I have forgiven myself. Jak14 "threatens" to take this issue to the Patriots? Too late. Apparently i need to make a monetary donation to this fund to have "absolution"? No, Jak14, you need to let this go and deal with your loss. Whether it be $1, or $100, you dont buy forgiveness.

Shame on you for YOUR behavior. I suggest you pray on it.
  2. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

in fact, this is what Jak14 wrote me on August 11th

FORGIVENESS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear 3 to be 4, I have thought long and hard about the last couple of weeks being without my loved one, I do know she is looking down on me now to make the right choices about continuing her good name in the best possable way, I do forgive you for what you had said, God is in our corner now looking out for all of us that do make mistakes. we have all made them one time or another. Like I said, I do forgive you.

Thanks, Jim
  3. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I want to make one last comment about this idea that what ive said about spiritual matters is somehow affected by whether or not ive ever made any mistakes or not.
    i do not hide from my past errors. Ive got the same flaws as anybody else.

what does that have to do with the validity of any Biblical statements i have made?

so dont base your decisions about Jesus Christ on this guy. Dont focus on me. Im no more deserving of his love than anyone else. The only difference is ive Repented and I have accepted His divinity.

those who want to cast judgement on me for my flaws, look at your own.

You may have known Christians who hold themselves up to this higher standard, and think to yourself when the fail, "hypocrite"

I hold myself up to no such standard. im a slogger just like you. I dont want you looking at my life as any shining example of anything. I want you to look at your life and to look to Jesus. I TRY to love to everybody He DOES love everybody. dont look at Christians. look to Christ.
  4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

I don't have any idea what the hell you are going on about here, and I don't want to. Looks like dirty linen you guys need to sort out among yourselves.

I can tell you, however, that "don't look to christians, look to christ," sounds dumb to me.

You say you try to make right choices, but fail. I feel you there, no doubt.... none of us is perfect, I'm still with you there too.

But here's the problem: you're trying to sell an agenda based on zero results, in the real world.

If one can predict no change in moral behavior as a result of one embracing Christianity, what moral force can one attach to any of your arguments?

If I mention that a bad act has been committed by a Christian, you answer that he's not a real Christian. If the bad act is your own, you just admit imperfection and go on. But the point remains -- the moral relevancy of any of the competing belief systems the world over, remains in serious doubt.

These, then, become purely the province of the individual, since we cannot really predict good behavior as a result of one or another belief system.

And faced with this dilemma, the scaremongers among all the faiths have invented threats of posthumous torture, to frighten children (and, we would assume, weak-minded and weak-willed adults.)

It adds up to glorified fire insurance.

Good luck with your issue with whoever this guy is, though, and like I said, I feel you on the imperfection count. That's one thing we can agree on. Just wanted to make clear why people are so much more harsh on "imperfection," when you are stumping for a religion all the time. Built-in occupational hazard, I guess. I don't like prosyletizing, as I've mentioned, so I won't say "keep up the good work," but I do hope this sorts out to the parties' mutual satisfaction.

PFnV
  5. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

"But here's the problem: you're trying to sell an agenda based on zero results, in the real world.

If one can predict no change in moral behavior as a result of one embracing Christianity, what moral force can one attach to any of your arguments?"

some interesting thoughts on your post, but the above quote from you is another example of how you twist and distort my words pretty consistantly, and it makes it hard to take in anything else you say.

are you so two dimentional in your thinking that a person, on one hand can admit failings, but yet not have growth and advancement?

when did i ever say there has been "zero results" in my life or anybody elses life who embrace God?

coming clean about your weaknesses and being willing to change is a moral strength.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

When you're in a hole, the first thing to do is STOP DIGGING!
  7. Nikki

Nikki Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Glad I am not the only that is totally clueless as to what his post is suppose to be about.

I find it kind of sad that people feel the need to post private messages in a public forum. *sigh*
  8. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"Kick em when their up, kick em when their down"

3 to be 4 will be burning in hell like the rest of us.
  9. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

In the immortal words of the Bloodhound Gang:

But if I go to hell,
    I hope I burn well,
    I'll spend my days with JFK, Marvin Gaye, Martha Ray and Lawrence Welk
    And Kurt Cobain, Kojak, Mark Twain
    And Jimi Hendrix' poltergeist
    And Webster, yeah, Emmanuel Lewis
    'Cuz he's the antichrist.

Sorry, no link. Copyright and all that.

PFnV
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +157 / 4 / -4

If religion is a drug, then apparently one of its effects is incoherence.
  11. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Some here have wondered exactly what this thread is about.

Evidently 3tobe4 posted a message (since deleted by the mods on this board) somehow making humor of the murder of a woman at an Old Country Buffet this summer.

Evidently, it came to light that the fiance of the woman is a poster here and some PM's were exchanged.

Before 3tobe4 starts telling this man shame on him for his behavior, perhaps he should have a little understanding that Jak14 is deeply grieving the very recent loss of the love of his life.

Jak14's threat to send a message about this to the Patriots and the members is, of course, not right. However, it is no real threat to 3tobe4. Posters on this board are all anonymous and 3tobe4 would not be tangibly hurt by such a sad and futile act.

Why 3tobe4 felt the need to publish multiple PM's (stands for "Private" Message, right?) from a hurt and grieving person is simply beyond my comprehension.
  12. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

WWJD? Huh.

Weird. Preemptive self-forgiveness ex post facto. Or something.

Jak, I'm sorry to hear this, though I don't know you. 3, you never fail to amaze me.

PFnV
  13. pats-blue

pats-blue Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I have a thought. Let's delete this thread as now that I know the facts I am disgusted that the poster didn't learn his lesson the first time.

Can this be deleted? I see no reason why someone that suffered such a loss needs to be "called out".
  14. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

my mistake in all this was reacting, maybe out of a little fear, when i got harassed a few more times than seemed "normal". He threatened to make it public, so for me it already was, and I just brought it out.

I was wrong. You see, like you all, I am flawed, and I when I react out of "self" instead of acting in ways that speak of the glory of God. this is what happens.

anyways, hope you all have a blessed day.
  15. Nikki

Nikki Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You made fun of someone that was murdered?

That is DISGUSTING! And you then you have the unmitigated gall to go around posting bible quotes and discovering Jesus.

You are a sick human being and there is NEVER anything funny about someone being killed.

Jak14.........I am so sorry for your loss and you have EVERY RIGHT to be pissed at this 3to4 Dude......3to4 needs some serious help that I don't think a Patriots Messageboard is going to provide for him.
  16. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You are so right. Without Christ, I am pretty awful sometimes. And you are misrepresenting what i did, as are a few others, thats "bearing false witness".
    I made fun of people who ate at the restaurant. It was very very stupid and insensitive and I apologized very strongly to this man. He forgave me. then procedded to harass me in PM's i DIDNT publish.

And you folks are using it to tear me down in order to tear down Christ.

Look at yourself, look at yourself, Nikki, making a joke about stripping in a thread where I am offering Salvation to somebody who might be in pain. look at yourself, PFIV, making a joke about Seve Irwin facing hell.

We are all full of evil without God at the forefront of our thoughts.

but in Christ, I am Free. And so are you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9o-ncexbQo&NR
  17. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -1

Frankly, you sound like you are under the influence of narcatics rather than under the influence of Jesus or religion.

Your incessant narcissism and lack of humility IS the sickening part.

Stop pandering and get on with your life.
  18. shmessy

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Everyone with a mind knows the difference: Nikki and PFIV aren't going around claiming to "show people the light". You are. Ironically, their off-color jokes about stripping and Steve Irwin did not result in them publishing PM's from anyone, let alone strippers or Steve Irwin's wife.

So if I get this right, the person here who spends most of his time "showing other people the light" has REPEATEDLY caused the most personal pain to a murder victim's fiance. The first time was a mistake. What about the second and third compounding times?

A simple request: Could you tell us what hours of the day you are "with" Christ and what hours of the day you are "without". It would help us understand exactly which sides of your schizophrenia we are dealing with at a certain moment.

Seriously, folks, I'm beginning to come to the realization that this is a sick person who needs help.

I sincerely hope he can find it and find some peace.
  19. Nikki

Nikki Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

1. I find it interesting that you play yourself the victim of harassment by someone who is suffering a loss of a loved one. A true man/woman of God, would know that this person is suffering and would forgive each occassion that this person lashed out. They were lashing out because they were in pain. Instead you play yourself off as the injured party because this person was upset with you.

2. Stop posting "YouTube" links. If I wanted to look at that junk, I would go to that site myself.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  20. shmessy

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

3tobe4 wrote:

"so dont base your decisions about Jesus Christ on this guy. Dont focus on me. Im no more deserving of his love than anyone else. The only difference is ive Repented and I have accepted His divinity.

those who want to cast judgement on me for my flaws, look at your own."

Translation: "Do as I say, not as I do".