PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Preview of BB's News Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedylb

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Q Coach, how do you assess all the excitement and hype about the Patriots' prospects this year?

BB Look, we haven't beaten anyone. Lots of mistakes out there this morning, lots of work to do. Don't listen to the pundits. They can't win for us.

Q What about Asante? Any News?

BB That's what the money men get paid to deal with. I'm just the coach.
My only concern today is with the guys who showed up today.

Q Coach, would you care to make a statement about the Michael Vick situation?

BB Is he on the Patriot roster? Next question.

Q What can you tell us about # 81? How' his attitude?

BB 81? (Looks at his notebook) Oh yeah, Moss. Moss' attitude has been great. We're goiing to give that young man every opportunity to make our team.

Q What about the injuries to Jackson? Why is Kareem suspended? Why isn't Stallworth here? And Meriweather?

BB (Looks at his watch) Fellas, sorry if I've taken too much of your time. I hope I haven't been too candid. I know you've got work to. It's been fun. Bye.

I know you're lying, because there's no:

It is what it is

We're just coaching the players that are here

You'd have to ask (player's name) about that

Q Coach, how do you assess all the excitement and hype about the Patriots' prospects this year?

BB Look, we haven't beaten anyone. Lots of mistakes out there this morning, lots of work to do. Don't listen to the pundits. They can't win for us. (Actual answer: They can write we are the best or the worst, it doesn't really matter)
Q What about Asante? Any News?

BB That's what the money men get paid to deal with. I'm just the coach.
My only concern today is with the guys who showed up today. (Actual answer, "I talk about the players who are here." )

Q Coach, would you care to make a statement
about the Michael Vick situation?

BB Is he on the Patriot roster? Next question. (Question was actually about whether Brady Quinn's situation was affecting Merriweather's and BB did say, "He's not on our roster?"
Q What can you tell us about # 81? How' his attitude?

BB 81? (Looks at his notebook) Oh yeah, Moss. Moss' attitude has been great. We're goiing to give that young man every opportunity to make our team.

Q What about the injuries to Jackson? Why is Kareem suspended? Why isn't Stallworth here? And Meriweather?

BB (Looks at his watch) Fellas, sorry if I've taken too much of your time. I hope I haven't been too candid. I know you've got work to. It's been fun. Bye.

Not bad. You were pretty close. I was amazed that he actually mentioned Asante's name if only to say there was no news and I enjoyed the beat down of Tomase (I feel sorry for Tomase. BB hates him.)

Last edited:
My favorite Belichick "canned answer" is for EVERY opponent they've ever faced (including the '04 49ers), they "excel in all three phases of the game".

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes