PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A prayer for the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
Patriots Brothers and Sisters, please join me in prayer:

Dear God,

You took Herm away from us, and while all of us in the AFC East feel hurt and betrayed by this heartless move, we graciously ask that you replace Herm with someone of equal competence to provide us with continued humor. We ask, in your name, that you deliver on to the Jets, Jim Haslett (or at least Mike Tice).

Amen.

Attachments

• L_IMAGE.f6fae7d570.93.88.fa.80.263329dc.jpg
    L_IMAGE.f6fae7d570.93.88.fa.80.263329dc.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 38
T-ShirtDynasty said:

Dear God,

You took Herm away from us, and while all of us in the AFC East feel hurt and betrayed by this heartless move, we graciously ask that you replace Herm with someone of equal competence to provide us with continued humor. We ask, in your name, that you deliver on to the Jets, Jim Haslett (or at least Mike Tice).

Amen.

Kotite, the sequel.

I hope it is Martz. I would be able to make fun of his game mismanagement twice a year vs the pats.

mgcolby said:
I hope it is Martz. I would be able to make fun of his game mismanagement twice a year vs the pats.

Right, but that would net zero, because we had Edwards for that role.

The funny part to me is when KC announces to the world: "WE would like to introduce the new HC of the KC Chiefs, Herm Edwards. A man we wanted so bad that we had to give up a 4th round draft choice to the NY Jest. They just wouldn't settle for the 7th rounder that we had offered initially.":singing:

Last edited:
unbelievable

you really gotta question KC's judgement here.

I mean they gave up compensation to get him, and their gonna
sign him to a big contract!

I mean, this guy is an obvious total clown. I think they are relying too much on his 'nice guy' trait and Vermeil's suggestion, but they are about to be totally screwed by this guy's total ineptitude as a gameday coach.

I'm really surprised to see this major of a misjudgement, and I really feel that KC is about to begin a downward spiral because of it. I see them as being not nearly as good a few years from now.

I wonder if Vermeil retired partially to allow for this to happen? what a fool!
I think he also wanted to go out being perceived as successful, and alot of the key guys on that team are getting old like trent green, willie roaf, tony gonzalez, priest holmes, etc. wow. business management can be so totally clueless. it seems so obvious to any fan how dumb this guy is. they're screwed! he'll probably pull a pete carroll and live off the talent that's already there for awhile, but the team will erode into a shell within 3-5 years.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord the Jets to keep,
A sub-500 team whose coach,
Is a media darling and football joke.

God Bless, T-shirt, and AJ, and especially shmessy, and Nut & the Ladies, and BB, and Bruschi.....

AndyJohnson said:
Right, but that would net zero, because we had Edwards for that role.

exactly this is something that has happened so therefore it makes no sense to root for herm to come back because that won't pan out. So in my mind Martz is a guy that will bring a lot of hoop la and expectations to the Jets, putting added preasure on them to win. With that said, Martz is my favorite punching bag on gameday, hell I watch alot Ram games just for that purpose. I am still not sold on Haslett being a horrible coach, he makes some mistakes but he has also caught a lot of tough breaks.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord the Jets to keep,
A sub-500 team whose coach,
Is a media darling and football joke.

God Bless, T-shirt, and AJ, and especially shmessy, and Nut & the Ladies, and BB, and Bruschi.....
Awe thanks Box.

By the way God... can we see about getting an extension for Bradway? Or do we have to deal with Satan on that one?

SamBam39 said:
you really gotta question KC's judgement here.

I mean they gave up compensation to get him, and their gonna
sign him to a big contract!

I mean, this guy is an obvious total clown. I think they are relying too much on his 'nice guy' trait and Vermeil's suggestion, but they are about to be totally screwed by this guy's total ineptitude as a gameday coach.

I'm really surprised to see this major of a misjudgement, and I really feel that KC is about to begin a downward spiral because of it. I see them as being not nearly as good a few years from now.

I wonder if Vermeil retired partially to allow for this to happen? what a fool!
I think he also wanted to go out being perceived as successful, and alot of the key guys on that team are getting old like trent green, willie roaf, tony gonzalez, priest holmes, etc. wow. business management can be so totally clueless. it seems so obvious to any fan how dumb this guy is. they're screwed! he'll probably pull a pete carroll and live off the talent that's already there for awhile, but the team will erode into a shell within 3-5 years.

Your prognosis for the team is apt. Why do you think they hired him? Did you ever hear of the term "Scapegoat"? or the term "sacrificial lamb"? Herm is particularly suited for those occupations, IMHO.

Box,

Love the poetry...multi-talented!

teamplay

PATSNUTme said:
The funny part to me is when KC announces to the world: "WE would like to introduce the new HC of the KC Chiefs, Herm Edwards. A man we wanted so bad that we had to give up a 4th round draft choice to the NY Jest. They just wouldn't settle for the 7th rounder that we had offered initially.":singing:

That is a little heartless, Nut, after all, Tom Brady was a fourth round pick! :D

Seriously though, when we got BB from the Jets didn't we have to give them a first round pick that they turned into Pennington? How did KC end up giving up a 4th round?

Bill's Girl said:
That is a little heartless, Nut, after all, Tom Brady was a fourth round pick! :D

Seriously though, when we got BB from the Jets didn't we have to give them a first round pick that they turned into Pennington? How did KC end up giving up a 4th round?
They're big tippers.

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick.

NEM said:
Sorry, but I want Martz as our OC. As a head coach he sucks, as an OC, he knows the importance of going for the jugular.

Martz would be an awful OC. Bad decision maker. I'm not surprized he's your choice.

The case for Heimerdinger

http://jets.scout.com/2/486249.html

According to the New York Daily News, Jets owner Woody Johnson isn't in favor of promoting offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger to head coach.

No reason was given.

This is very surprising. Heimerdinger is a terrific head-coaching candidate with an outstanding resume. He was a runner-up for the San Francisco 49ers' opening last year.

Why is Johnson not in favor of hiring Heimerdinger? It's hard to say because this is just a rumor, and Johnson hasn't commented publicly. But if I were to hazard a guess, a major reason why Johnson might not support "Dinger" is that the Jets' offense ranked 30th in the NFL this season.
-----
Heimerdinger can't be judged by the performance of the Jets offense in 2005. He was dealt a terrible hand, made even worse by his boss - Herman Edwards.

The Jets offense was ravaged by injuries this year. It was very hard for Heimerdinger to install his new system with all the key players that were sidelined - including quarterbacks Chad Pennington and Jay Fiedler and offensive linemen Kevin Mawae and Jason Fabini. And let's not forget the season-ending injuries to wideout Wayne Chrebet and tight end Chris Baker.

But to make matters worse, Edwards forced Heimerdinger to start immobile 42-year-old signal-caller Vinny Testaverde behind a patchwork offensive line. It was a horrendous decision that had disastrous results, especially in the Buffalo and Atlanta games.

On top of that, Edwards forced Heimerdinger to use injured tailback Curtis Martin, who clearly wasn't 100 percent since a Week Two knee injury. But this didn't stop Edwards from playing Martin all the way until the Week 14 game against New England. Martin rushed for 29 yards on 14 carries against the Patriots, before he finally said he couldn't run anymore. His backup, Cedric Houston, ran well in the last three games and clearly should have replaced Martin earlier.
-----
Almost every time Heimerdinger talks to the press, I turn to a fellow reporter and say, "This guy is going to be a head coach one day." You just get that vibe - the way he conducts himself, the knowledge he exudes, the way he communicates.

He's also a no-nonsense coach, something the Jets need now after five years of Edwards, who is the quintessential players' coach. We hear some players aren't working as hard as they should in the weight program. This is a big reason strength coach John Lott left for Cleveland last year. He wasn't getting the proper support from the head coach. A strength coach can't make players work out, unless the head coach has his back.

Also, some players on injured reserve stopped attending meetings under Edwards. This can't be allowed.
-----
Heimerdinger is Bill Belichick-like in that he loves spending countless hours in the laboratory coming up with innovative game plans.

"The hours he puts in are mind-boggling," said Titans backup quarterback Billy Volek
-----
Another reason Heimerdinger is a terrific candidate for the job is continuity. If the Jets ever want to bridge the gap with New England, they need to stop changing systems. The Patriots are all about continuity, and the Jets' constant staff changes are very bad for player development. If Heimerdinger leaves, the Jets offensive players will have to learn their third new offense in three years.
-----
Woody, you can do an extensive search if you like, but the feeling here is that your head coach is already in the building.
Oh how we're going to miss Herm - but if this story is any indication, Woody is sporting one and has no time for reality. :bricks:

NEM said:
Sorry, but I want Martz as our OC. As a head coach he sucks, as an OC, he knows the importance of going for the jugular.
:eek: :scared: :violent:

NEM said:

Before I did anything about Martz, I'd call **** Vermeil to get his opinion. Martz always did flaky things like make frivolous challenges that would run him out of timeouts when he needed them. He seemed out of it in other ways too. I'm not sure if you flip a switch that says now you're an OC and he gets all his sh*t together. He might end up in Oakland anyway, which might drive Davis crazy finally.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Dear God,

Amen.

Wannestadt...Fiedler...

The sequel

Bill's Girl said:

I know that we did give up a first rounder the first year. And, I think we gave them a third in the next year.

Anyone fell free to correct me if I'm wrong,not that you wouldn't anyway.

Brady was a 6th and Givens was a 7th. You never know when you're going to strike gold. But, to only give up a 4th rounder for a guy you want for HC, doesn't really say much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back