PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
If Adam leaves what about this kicker.
He is 27 years old and a scout report I read on this guy said
that his best years are ahead.

-----------------------------------
Seahawks | Team tenders J. Brown
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 06:01:34 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the Seattle Seahawks have tendered a one-year, $712,000 offer to restricted free agent PK Josh Brown. The team would receive a seventh-round draft pick as compensation if he signs elsewhere.

--------------------------------------

Look at Josh's stats
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395934

and then Adam's stats in his first 3 years
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1392

Very similar.

JR4 said:
...that his best years are ahead.

Reminds me of something my boss tells me about "Potential"-- all it means is that you ain't done sh!t.

I dont know this kid at all-- interesting idea-- but I fully hope and expect that BB/SP have a succession plan in place. Clearly letting AV leave is not something they just decided to do overnight.

In retrospect, you can see the footsteps of this decision in the results of their negotiations with AV over the past few years-- diminishing duration contracts and franchise tagging-- signs of escalating distance between the parties.

Same with Givens. When he got a 1 year tender last year, we should have all seen the writing on the wall... they were opening the door to allow him to leave for bigger money, and if he comes back (a la Troy Brown), then it's on their terms. BB/SP dont do anything accedentally.

rookBoston said:
........ but I fully hope and expect that BB/SP have a succession plan in place. Clearly letting AV leave is not something they just decided to do overnight.

......... BB/SP dont do anything accedentally.

very true ..... good to get reminded of that. BB/SP are thinking years ahead
where most of us are not really thinking that far ahead.

rookBoston said:
Reminds me of something my boss tells me about "Potential"-- all it means is that you ain't done sh!t.

I dont know this kid at all
I hate to be a jerk but that's clear. Josh Brown is as good as Adam, just different. He slipped a little to 72% this year but was 5/8 from 50+. Although he hit 92% in 2004, he's not generally as accurate as Adam but he has a much more live leg.

He's got a great leg and has been very accurate. He's also better at kicking off. I wouldn't mind tendering him an offer.

I need to get this off my chest. i am REALLY disapointed that Adam is even considering leaving. The best endorsement deals he can get are in NE. So whatever $$ he leaves on the table in free agency, he can make up by taking a little less $$ (but still be the highest paid kicker in the league) by staying here and doing commercials/apperances. I wish that Brady would talk to him. I can understand Givens, and to an extent Willie, but not Adam. What the F is the difference between $2.7mm and winning another (or more) Super Bowls and $3.1mm and going to an 8-8 team for the next 3 years? The endorsements would make up some of the $4mm and he would retire a legend in New England instead of tainting it a little. We're not taking about a HUGE difference in $$.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
I hate to be a jerk but that's clear. Josh Brown is as good as Adam, just different. He slipped a little to 72% this year but was 5/8 from 50+. Although he hit 92% in 2004, he's not generally as accurate as Adam but he has a much more live leg.

His leg wasn't too live in the Superbowl.

He is just as good as Adam, just different? :rofl:

Outdoors 68% vs. 79%, on the road 64% vs. 86%, outside the division 50% vs. 77%. That's different. I know I'm cherrypicking, but his kid has has 2 70% FG seasons sandwiched around 1 90% season which indicates last year may have been the exception rather than this year a slip (Adam was far more consistent sandwiching a 77 and 79 around an 86 for an 81.5% average which is just about his 10 year career norm), he's not a cold weather kicker, and he missed 2 out of 3 indoors in his first Superbowl.

If he were just as good as Adam Vinatieri or showed the potential to be the next Adam Vinatieri, I think the Seahawks probably would have considered something beyond a low tender for a 7th rounder. BB mid tendered his diamonds in the rough last year rather than risk losing them prematurely in a bidding war or overpaying to retain them long term.

Considering what is out there Brown will likely have a number of suitors the Seahawks will determine whether or not to match. The losers in the Vinatieri overpayment sweepstakes will all be competing to overpay him or Longwell or even old Vanderjerk. I'd have preferred to overpay the guy I know I can trust when it counts.

Mosi Moose said:
I need to get this off my chest. i am REALLY disapointed that Adam is even considering leaving. The best endorsement deals he can get are in NE. So whatever $$ he leaves on the table in free agency, he can make up by taking a little less $$ (but still be the highest paid kicker in the league) by staying here and doing commercials/apperances. I wish that Brady would talk to him. I can understand Givens, and to an extent Willie, but not Adam. What the F is the difference between $2.7mm and winning another (or more) Super Bowls and $3.1mm and going to an 8-8 team for the next 3 years?

He's got Lawyer Milloy syndrome - blow off Championship Town to go anywhere else for money that will not substantially change his future.

Mosi Moose said:
I need to get this off my chest. i am REALLY disapointed that Adam is even considering leaving. The best endorsement deals he can get are in NE. So whatever $$ he leaves on the table in free agency, he can make up by taking a little less $$ (but still be the highest paid kicker in the league) by staying here and doing commercials/apperances. I wish that Brady would talk to him. I can understand Givens, and to an extent Willie, but not Adam. What the F is the difference between $2.7mm and winning another (or more) Super Bowls and $3.1mm and going to an 8-8 team for the next 3 years? The endorsements would make up some of the $4mm and he would retire a legend in New England instead of tainting it a little. We're not taking about a HUGE difference in $$.

I am sure they will take the endorsement differential intro consideration - indeed, if the difference nets out to say 1/2MM per year, he stays right here. I am afraid he may see over 3MM per year with some of it guaranteed and signing bonus money as well. If that is true, do you all still want AV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back