Welcome to PatsFans.com

A positive spin on a topic already discussed freely here

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by 3 to be 4, Oct 5, 2006.

1. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I apologize if all the songs were not consistant with what is the "norm" on a political discussion. As politics is about dealing with how we choose the course of what values we feel are most important in our society, i'll try to focus more on the serious nature of that discussion. Religion, almost exclusively, the demonization of religion, is a big topic on this board, so its seems more than fair to offer up to counter point to that.

Despite the messages we get from our culture, there is more to this life than serving ourselves. This life is temporary, it goes by in a blink of an eye, and all the stuff we accumulate on the outside or in our bank accounts dont mean very much when compared to eternity.

There are lots of self-help books out there to fix temporary problems. But there is one book that offers the ultimate answers to all our hearts desires.

http://bibledev.azaz.com/bibleresources/bible_kjv.php

Check out Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, and read for yourself who Jesus is.
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Many people have used the Bible for good deeds; others have used it to justify all sorts of crimes, from slavery to genocide. It's an ambiguous book, and one can find justification for all sorts of things in it. You may need the Bible in order to serve someone other than yourself, but many of us don't need religion for that. We are people who try to be constructive in life, make a better world and be compassionate. I don't need a book to tell me how to do that. You do.
  3. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I sure do. But not just any book. This book. The Word of God.

The sentence "We are people who try to be constructive in life, make a better world and be compassionate" makes it sound like that followers of Christ dont? Maybe thats not how you meant it, if not, disregard statement.

But for me, it comes down to, why are we here. To better ourselves, live well, to serve others? Well, yes, but is there more to that? I believe we are here to serve and please God, not ourselves. What is there after this life? I believe there is so much more. And ultimately, we will be judged on how we served the kingdom of God. And the first step in that is acknowledging Him in the first place.

But im not forcing anything on anybody. Im not screaming at you at swearing at you as some people on this board do. Im not blaming what you believe in for ruining the world.

Thanks for your feedback on the topic. Be well.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  4. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What if you're wrong?
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

Patters while I 100% agree you have displayed the character above...you make a mistake on the use of the word compassionate for others. Compassionate used to mean something...now it is a hollow word. It's hollow with or without God which makes it even sadder.

the internet age has allowed people to build their own version of compassionate. To some compassionate means writing that you care. I'm old fashioned...perhaps to old fashioned most of the time. My version of compassionate is and has always been to observe it...if it's real it is not hard to find.

The reason I highlight that word is that God/Jesus/Allah and all the versions of God are there for people who wish to enjoy them and/or that form of life. Anyone who needs God to be a better person has already missed the boat that's not coming back. I'm not sure all religious people realize this.

So...in some respects the Athiest who is a good person is a stronger person than the one who needs God to be good. I wish more religious people understood that concept. The self-righteous need to stop preaching and enjoy God and leave it at that.
  6. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What if Mohammad is the real son of God? You're going to burn in hell.
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Unless he's an insecure egomaniac, He won't care. I don't believe in God, but if I die and learn there is one, I won't accept someone who judges me on that basis or who tells me its wrong to be gay, wrong to support a women's rights over her own body, wrong to support social welfare programs, and wrong to support various other things that I believe in. Tell me something, when you die and go to heaven, if God says, "You know. It was a sin to let all those people who don't believe in me live. You should have forced them to convert or killed them," would you still believe in Him?
  8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

God said do not judge your fellow man ... this post is not possible.
  9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

Nikki & Tyler Faith think you're goody goody...so you must be the Goodyest GoodHumanoid of GoodNation.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

I agree. However, I don't feel that religion is to blame. Let's remember that guns don't kill people. It's people with guns that kill people.

Sure. Tell that to the unborns who's lives you Shop-vac away, and to the children who you hope are molested, so they can serve your exploitive political needs.

That's some kind of compassion eh?
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

You better hurry up and convert now.
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

It's not my forum, but if you want to post religious music video's, leave it to a single thread atleast. There is no reason to spam the forum with Jesus music. I'm a catholic, but I find such spamming a tad much. I don't like when people impose religion onto others. I wouldn't want some muslim in here posting mohamed music, nor would I want some Budhist in here spamming whatever it is they like.

Just my 2 cents.

Anyhow, as for God, Mohamed or X as the actual supreme being, I guess we won't know until we get there right. Who am I to tell another that my god is more legitimate than his. This is all faith based, and therefore unproven. If said god indeed created us, then he will understand where evolution has brought us. If our evolution is an exact act of failure, of a loss of that faith, therefore making us all sinners in his/her eyes, then I guess we'll just have to pay the price. What astounds me about religion though, is that people would find it acceptable to kill in its name. To me, that is the idiotic.
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Verily I Say Unto Thee "Castrate The Pedophiles In Thy Midst" :bricks:
  14. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

He wont say that. I know that because I read the Bible and I know the goodness of Gods character. This isnt a "what if" for a believer in Christ. The Bible says if you havent accepted God, you wont have to worry about such a decision. It is not God who has to show anything to us. Hes God, we are not. Did you create the Heavens and the Earth?
  15. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

this is in interesting comment I hear here a lot. You would think that every serial killer or pedophile or drug addict or alcoholic or any other kind of criminal out there is a Bible based Christian. look in our prisons. all the murders and rapists in there......what percentage of them have Christ in their life, and how many of dont?
    all the evil in this world..its because of Religion?

"choice" was brought up earlier. i didnt even want to get started on that but i wasnt the one who brought it up.
    i challenge anyone to watch a video of an abortion. With your eyes open. You've seen the recent technology, the Cable specials on what one month old "fetus" looks like. watch an abortion of one. then tell me what evil is.
    and who cares about children, us horrible "religious" people, or people who think that anybody who just wants to have some reasonable discussion or limit on this modern means of birth control is a whacked out hater of women.

there, i feel better......