PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A positive: Pats QB best QB Rating in the NFL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwc

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Last edited:
This JAG love is annoying.

This is Tom Brady's football team. As far as I'm concerned, even talking about our back up right now dumps all over the legacy of this team since 2001, and to be perfectly honest, if the conspiracy theories do have something to them, and Tom Brady is released to the delight of his haters, I hope he returns to the Razor to kick our teeth in.

Shameful what is happening. Absolutely shameful.

This is Tom Brady's football team. As far as I'm concerned, even talking about our back up right now dumps all over the legacy of this team since 2001, and to be perfectly honest, if the conspiracy theories do have something to them, and Tom Brady is released to the delight of his haters, I hope he returns to the Razor to kick our teeth in.

It's sad, but I don't think it's shameful (the whole front vs back of the jersey thing). It's a logical discussion to have after a QB performs poorly for a quarter of the season...especially after taking a QB in the second round.

It's sad, but I don't think it's shameful (the whole front vs back of the jersey thing). It's a logical discussion to have after a QB performs poorly for a quarter of the season...especially after taking a QB in the second round.

I disagree. Tom has made New England football a winter wonderland, and he's given me enough great memories as a fan where I'll have his back to any end.

The guy has no help and he has no protection. Anyone turning on him right now is just a troll hater and makes our entire fan base look horrible.

Once this team belonged to Scott Secules

I'm just trying to focus on the positives. From the Pat's offense Monday night, I came up with several positive performances:

1) Garoppolo
2) Brandon LaFell (6 for 119 yards)
3) Ridley (avg 5.6 yards per carry, no fumbles)
4) Vereen receiving (5 rec for 41 yards)
5) James White (7.0 yards per carry plus 3 receptions)

...and Derek Anderson is third on the list. The list is ruined.

I'm just trying to focus on the positives. From the Pat's offense Monday night, I came up with several positive performances:

1) Garoppolo
2) Brandon LaFell (6 for 119 yards)
3) Ridley (avg 5.6 yards per carry, no fumbles)
4) Vereen receiving (5 rec for 41 yards)
5) James White (7.0 yards per carry plus 3 receptions)

That isn't a positive. It's a negative.

Relax, Francis.

bill_murray-stripes1981-1330.jpg

I'm a glass-is-half-full kinda guy so I like to look the positives. How 'bout this:

Pats QB has the highest QB rating in the league!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...&archive=false&conference=null&qualified=true

1 Jimmy Garoppolo NE 147.9
2 Philip Rivers SD 114.53
3 Derek Anderson CAR 114.4
4 Aaron Rodgers GB 109.1
5 Russell Wilson SEA 108.9
6 Peyton Manning DEN 108.5
7 Carson Palmer ARI 108.4
8 Andrew Luck IND 108.0
9 Jimmy Clausen CHI 104.2
10 Matt Ryan ATL 100.31

And Tavaris Jackson was #1 last year.

I'm a glass-is-half-full kinda guy so I like to look the positives. How 'bout this:

Pats QB has the highest QB rating in the league!

This Garopollo love is getting obnoxious, he threw a pass behind the line of scrimmage that LaFell ran for 37 yards, and tossed a 5-yard pass to Gronkowski who carried 3 KC defenders into the end zone. Garopollo’s performance is a great example of correlation and not causation.

He has shown some promise in the preseason and at the end of that game but the hype is absurd right now.

This Garopollo love is getting obnoxious, he threw a pass behind the line of scrimmage that LaFell ran for 37 yards, and tossed a 5-yard pass to Gronkowski who carried 3 KC defenders into the end zone. Garopollo’s performance is a great example of correlation and not causation.

He has shown some promise in the preseason and at the end of that game but the hype is absurd right now.

It's not only absurd, it's downright disrespectful.

What does his utterly worthless QBR have to do with anything while he's holding a clipboard?

Or are we making the case that we should humiliate the GOAT by benching him for a rookie, as thanks for all he's done for New England football, because he can't keep pass rushers at bay with his good looks?

G threw bullets out there, with a quick release, great accuracy and great timing. At least there is hope for the future.

It's not only absurd, it's downright disrespectful.
I agree; as I said in another thread it took the #1 overall pick Andrew Luck to replace Peyton Manning when he left the Colts and posters on here think we are going to do it with a QB selected #62 overall. Yet we used the #48 pick on Tavon Wilson and we could not even get him to replace Steve Gregory, talk about some optimism.

G threw bullets out there, with a quick release, great accuracy and great timing. At least there is hope for the future.
He threw passes that if the Chiefs were not in a prevent style D would have been picked off with the exception of the pass to LaFell, but that was behind the line of scrimmage.

He has showed some promise, but the likelihood that he develops into a franchise QB is in the 1-2%. I would settle for us developing our second round WR into a franchise WR, if they could do that I would probably be more optimistic about them developing Garopollo into a franchise QB.

You haven't seen him play against anything. You saw him in preseason and you saw him against KC playing a prevent defense in garbage time.

This is why I should probably just ignore opinions of people on the internet. For all I know, the sudden JAG hype is coming from `Pats fans` in Montana who will just cash out if it doesn't work and move on to the next big team. It's like all the Manziel supporters who hit the Cleveland forums in the off season demanding they start Johnny Backup. If it doesn't work, no skin off their back. They can move on and it just becomes Ohio's problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes