PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A pondering about the Super Bowl in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, one of how many wins? My team? Well my favorite team finished 18-1, and is more than likely going to be in the superbowl next season. How you think your favorite team will do?

Hey the question was how did our seasons end:p. Even though the Jets are not SB contenders like the Pats, im really looking forward to seeing the Jets with their overall improved team and see the young guys grow. I see 8-8 for us next year as of now. average QB play = 8 wins, above average =9 maybe 10 wins, anything past that is gravy

Hey the question was how did our seasons end:p. Even though the Jets are not SB contenders like the Pats, im really looking forward to seeing the Jets with their overall improved team and see the young guys grow. I see 8-8 for us next year as of now. average QB play = 8 wins, above average =9 maybe 10 wins, anything past that is gravy

I gotta admit man, that was a nice answer. Most people would have been like "f you man, bla bla bla, my team IS going to win the superbowl" but you gave an honest answer. Give ya props on that one. Still dont like the jets, but i give ya props.

Wow

Ian should consider adding another forum to patsfans...

******ed post forum - This would make it hands down :bricks:

Wow

Ian should consider adding another forum to patsfans...

******ed post forum - This would make it hands down :bricks:

Yes, he should also have a "Worthless comments on a post forum". You would probably moderate it.

Excuse the crap out of me for trying to start a conversation. We can't all post the extreme knowledge of "Should the Pats go for Jeremy Shockey?"

I never look at the Super Bowl in a vacuum. The Super Bowl winner does a lot more than win the Super Bowl, but rather make the playoffs then win either 3 or 4 straight games against the league's best. Let's look at what the Giants did:

- Beat Tampa on the road. Playoff wins on the road are always impressive, but Tampa wasn't anyone's title favorite.

- Beat Dallas on the road. That was an impressive win. Romo was under seige the entire 2nd half (hmmm...sounds familiar).

- Beat Green Bay on the road. The Giants dominated that game, despite it going to OT. Also a very impressive win.

- Beat the 18-0 Pats in SB42. After doing a decent job on Justin Tuck 5 weeks earlier, Logan Mankins got abused by the guy in Arizona. The entire OL had a rough day. Yet despite the protection issues, there the Pats stood with a 4pt lead with under 3 minutes to go and the Giants 83 long yards from victory. The Pats had carried out their defensive gameplan very well all game, holding the running game in check and taking away Plaxico Burress. If Eli was to beat the Pats, he'd have to do it by throwing to guys like Steve Smith and no-names like David Tyree. Guess what...he did. Tip your hat to the guy, begrudgingly if you feel like it.

The Giants beating those last three teams gives them enough credit in my book. They don't need to win 2 of 3 against the Pats to validate their title. Three-and-oh against Dallas, Green Bay and New England was a damn good run.

Regards,
Chris

Wow, you're up on current events. Why not read the whole thread before you post?

screw you, the entire premise is an exercise in stupidity, get a friggin life seems like you cannot or will not get over the SB loss.

screw you, the entire premise is an exercise in stupidity, get a friggin life seems like you cannot or will not get over the SB loss.

Yes. This was all gone over yesterday. Repeatedly.

It's not like I am sitting here defending it, dummy. I realized yesterday how dumb it was and said so a few times.

Yes, he should also have a "Worthless comments on a post forum". You would probably moderate it.

Excuse the crap out of me for trying to start a conversation. We can't all post the extreme knowledge of "Should the Pats go for Jeremy Shockey?"

Get real - This thread SUCKS

Why don't we just extend the season to 20 games right in the middle of the season but ONLY if New England is behind the division leader by more than 2 games?.

Thats how dumb this idea is and should not have even been thought of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey