Welcome to PatsFans.com

A poll of arabs opinion on the U.S.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by jack, Apr 17, 2008.

1. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Eight out of 10 people in the Arab world have a negative view of the US, according to a new poll.

By extension, governments supported by the US are unpopular, found the survey, which was released in Washington.

A recent BBC World Service survey found views of the US had started to improve by 4% globally, although they remained negative in the Arab world.

Only 6% of Arabs believe the US troop surge in Iraq has worked, according to the latest poll.

It was carried out by the University of Maryland and Zogby International.

A majority of Arabs believe that if US troops withdraw from Iraq, Iraqis would be able to bridge their differences, the survey found.

In contrast, an ABC/BBC poll conducted in Iraq and released in March, appeared to show a 20% increase in the number of Iraqis who felt the surge was succeeding and described the security situation as good.

Nasrallah's popularity

While the Western-backed Lebanese government has reasonable appeal in its own country, the latest survey indicates it has barely any support in the Arab world.

Some 30% of Arabs sympathise with the Lebanese opposition, led by Hezbollah, which is backed by Syria and Iran.

Across the Arab world, Hezbollah's leader, Hassan Nasrallah, is also the most popular leader, followed by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

The three leaders are seen as the only ones standing up against US influence in the region.

And while Sunni rulers in the region worry about Shia Iran's growing influence, ordinary Arabs don't seem to view Iran as a threat.

Almost half of Arabs believe that if Tehran acquires nuclear weapons the outcome for the region would be more positive than negative.

Interesting...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7347613.stm
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

I have a negative view of them (scumsucking bastards)

:bricks:
  3. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

they don't like us and i don't like them. anyone that bands together and says something like this...

The existence of Israel is an error which must be rectified. This is our opportunity to wipe out the ignominy which has been with us since 1948. Our goal is clear -- to wipe Israel off the map."(14) On June 4, Iraq joined the military alliance with Egypt, Jordan and Syria.

and then gets their collective asses kicked in 6 days loses most if not all of my respect.
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

Many far left wing liberal Americans are leaning towards that same (Arab Muslim) philosophy, the reason, America supports Isreal and the Far Left Liberals dislike for America and the "American Way" has turned them into Anti Semites, Jimmy Sissy Carter is leading the pack.

I am not Jewish and I have never paid much attention to The Israeli thing with the Muslims but it is disgusting to see how fast the Far Left Wing Liberals have turned on Israel simply because the Fanatical Terrorists Within the Muslim Religion are now also, America's Enemy, Israel and America now have a common enemy and naturally the American Far Left Liberal will rush to support the American Enemy therefore "deserting Israel"

:bricks:
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Not intertesting or news.
    What's your point?
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +309 / 4 / -2

Wow, my goodness!!! I can't believe....:rolleyes:
  7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Interesting is right! Who would have ever thought Arabs had a better view of America than liberals? :singing:
  8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Classic!

:rocker:

You get a point for that.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Really? You think that eight out of 10 liberals have a negative view of the US ?
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

No of course not more like 95% have a negative view. look at their candidates for Pres and their reps in congress. :p
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +309 / 4 / -2

Look at the liberals in here. How many blame america threads are started in here on a daily basis?
  12. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Aww snap. Flame war on.

And for the record, I laughed at SB42's post as well.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

Many liberals will try to tell you that are no such things as "liberals"--:singing: