PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A (not so) bold prediction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

godef

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As many of you know, a lot of pundits out there had predicted a Super Bowl let down for the Patriots, or at the very least, they would in no way be even remotely close to repeating their undefeated regular season last year.

Now that Tom Brad is out for the season, everyone is revising their forecast, anywhere from there now being a wide open race for the AFC east title to things as desire as a 5-11 season.

My prediction: the Patriots will finish with a record that is generally closer to everyone's prediction prior to the TB injury than to their revised predictions since the injury.

of course...the pats still have one of the easiest schedules in the league. there will be a lot of games that are closer in score, but just like in week 1 - the pats will prevail.

generally closer

that could mean anything lol

I predicted 14-2 baclt(before acl tear) now I have them at 10-6 aaclt Does that fall under yout criteria for generally close?

Last edited:
that could mean anything lol

I predicted 14-2 baclt(before acl tear) now I have them at 10-6 aaclt Does that fall under yout criteria for generally close?

First off, I was referring to talking head media folks, not Patriot fans, who naturally predict better results (and not without merit). But what I was saying was, suppose Joe Blow at SI.com picked the Pats to be 12-4 before the season started, and then revised it to 7-9 after the injury. I'm saying that in most such cases, I'm guessing the Pats record will be closer to his original pick than to the revised pick. Thus the Pats would wind up 10-6 or 11-5, closer to his original pick.

In essense, I'm saying folks underestimate the Pats both before and after the injry, to the extent the Cassle-led Pats will finish closer to their original predictions than to their revised predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes