PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Nice Word for The Chin

Status
Not open for further replies.

onegameatatime

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Cowher resigned today. 15 years in one team, and competitive most of the time. Some say he disappointed because he lost 3 AFCs and 1 SB, but being that competitive in this environment is an accomplishment in my book.

I don't remember him being a jerk or throwing players under the bus. He seemed like a good guy.

Happy retirement (for a year).

I am a Pats fan and don't like the Steelers all that much (but do respect them).

Cowher resigned today. 15 years in one team, and competitive most of the time. Some say he disappointed because he lost 3 AFCs and 1 SB, but being that competitive in this environment is an accomplishment in my book.

I don't remember him being a jerk or throwing players under the bus. He seemed like a good guy.

I am a Pats fan and don't like the Steelers all that much (but do respect them).

I agree. He was always tough, competitive and enthusiastic.

A perfect example of why you compete every year, not this "window of opportunity" horse****.

Because he always prepared and played to win, he got the Super Bowl with a team that wasn't even in the 5 best he'd coached.

Last edited:
One thing I don't get about his touching farewell: Didn't he leave primarily over MONEY??? I thought it boiled down, in large part, to not being able to agree on terms of an extension (aside from wanting to commute to his family in N.C.).

I saw a clip of his announcement and the general commentary following, which was very complimentary to Cowher,to the Rooney's and to the organization especially in light of all the recent firings and the general trend toward shorter tenures of NFL coaches. High praise was given because they stayed with Cowher all those years just as they had done with Noll-no coach shopping-and that those coaches stayed with them as well.

I saw a clip of his announcement and the general commentary following, which was very complimentary to Cowher,to the Rooney's and to the organization especially in light of all the recent firings and the general trend toward shorter tenures of NFL coaches. High praise was given because they stayed with Cowher all those years just as they had done with Noll-no coach shopping-and that those coaches stayed with them as well.

Two coaches in 38 years is remarkable, I hate the Steelers and their fans but the his record speaks for itself. 15 years coaching and he is only 49, remarkable. He may have even won more games if he had even an average QB instead of Stewart and Neil O'Donnell. His offenses were offensive but I have always like the style and attitude of their defense.

Billy boy, go get some sun, relax for a while, you deserve it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/05/sports/football/06cowher.html?ref=football
"Bill Cowher compiled a brilliant record: 161-99-1, 10 playoff seasons, six American Football Conference championship games, two Super Bowl appearances and, a year ago, an unlikely Super Bowl championship."

Kudos to Cowher for being such a stalwart competitor all these years. The rivalry with the Steelers during his tenure in Pittsburgh was remarkable. For me as a fan, two of the most devastating losses came at the hands of Cowher's Steelers (both in '97).

I would not be surprised to see him back in the NFL in two years time, and I expect him to be successful if he does return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down