PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A New NFL record: Meriweather has the most "almost interceptions" ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would have been a really good catch had he been able to make it.

I'm just happy he's in position to force turnovers and is making big hits. It's much better than being stuck behind Rashad Baker.

Yeah, it's held by Asante Samuel his first two years.

Whatever happened to that guy?:rolleyes:

These Samuel references are dead on! Not only that Merriweather is a better tackler than Samuel which could make for a REALLY good player

Well, you know the old saying....

If he could catch the ball, he would be a reciever not a defender

Better to knock it down than to let the opposition get it
Solid post lol.

:rocker:

He is coming along and the fact that he has so many almost interceptions means he is covering well and breaking up pass plays which means he is doing his job. The INT's will come, although I did say to my Dad tonight that at this point he couldn't catch a cold.

maybe next week is the game he makes like five or six INT's:D:

Meriweather should be handcuffed to a jugs machine.:mad:

At least Meriweather is on the football field. Meanwhile, Eugene Wilson's career has come to a close with the New England Patriots.

From what I saw tonight, drop or no drop, Meriweather had a better game than Asante "Burn Me" Samuel, so perhaps this entire asinine line of questioning can be sh!tcanned ASAP.

Much more important to me - Meriweather continues to be around the ball, in position to make plays. Do I want him to catch the ball? Of course, but for now he's doing the more important part of the job, and I have hope his hands will improve. And FTR, that ball was deflected at the last moment - it looks a helluva lot easier in super slo-mo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back