PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A New NFL record: Meriweather has the most "almost interceptions" ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossdeep

On the Roster
Reaction score
Is there some sort of record for almost intercepting a ball without actually ever catching one?? Is that like eight "almost" interceptions?

I hope that this guy is one of the best coverage safeties of all time to compensate for his brick hands. :bricks: Some day, some how, some way I think he might actually have an interception despite the butter all over his hands. Maybe a QB will lob a ball up and it will get stuck in his helmet or something. (I hope this guy isn't the future of the Pats DB's)

Asante started the same way. And if he has his hands of the ball that means the other team doesn't. You hope he isn't the future? Go cheer for another team then you putz.

Last edited:
Asante started the same way. And if he has his hands of the ball that means the other team doesn't. You hope he isn't the future? Go cheer for another team then you putz.

Awesome and true.

He's around the ball and starting to hit like the Hit Stick nickname he had. The picks will come. He needs to visit with Mr. Juggs this offseason though.

Last edited:
I've started calling him Flipper Franklin, the guy from the movie The Replacements who is fast but can't catch worth a damn.

He needs some serious time with a juggs (sp?) machine (or maybe Matt Cassell).

He is becoming pretty good but he can't hold onto a damn interception if his life depended on it. He'll get an interception soon enough but he really needs to improve in terms of holding onto the ball.

Last edited:
Well, you know the old saying....

If he could catch the ball, he would be a reciever not a defender

Better to knock it down than to let the opposition get it

Give him time, its just his first year.

I've started calling him Flipper Franklin, the guy from the movie The Replacements who is fast but can't catch worth a damn.

He needs some serious time with a juggs (sp?) machine (or maybe Matt Cassell).

I was just thinking this when I read your post, "Coach, I look like I jacked off an elephant" Too funny

That tipped ball wasn't exactly an easy pick. Meriweather had a great game, he's played really good down the stretch here. Honestly, anytime he's on the field, I feel pretty confident. He's been solid in coverage and hits hard.

Is there some sort of record for almost intercepting a ball without actually ever catching one?? Is that like eight "almost" interceptions?

I hope that this guy is one of the best coverage safeties of all time to compensate for his brick hands. :bricks: Some day, some how, some way I think he might actually have an interception despite the butter all over his hands. Maybe a QB will lob a ball up and it will get stuck in his helmet or something. (I hope this guy isn't the future of the Pats DB's)

Meriweather made a number of good plays, and you want to focus on his not making that INT? That wasn't among his "should have made the catch" moments either, as it wasn't at all an easy catch.

Saying "I hope this guy isn't the future of the Pats DB's" makes you seem like quite the fan, and very intelligent:rolleyes:

Last edited:
That tipped ball wasn't exactly an easy pick. Meriweather had a great game, he's played really good down the stretch here. Honestly, anytime he's on the field, I feel pretty confident. He's been solid in coverage and hits hard.

The hit he put on that reciever when Rodney picked up the late hit call was a beast of a hit

Man alive, those aren't the sort of picks you expect to make! He's dropped a couple of clangers, but not the one tonight.

Rodney missed an easier one. Samuel also had an easier shot off a deflection.

hear he just scored his first big time movie deal

Brandon Merriweather in "Hands of STONE" :D

the kid is a hitter and has come a long way this season overall, he's finally looking like he can turn into the player most expected him to be when they took him first round but good lord kid please learn to catch the flippin ball when it hits you in the hands! like others said, it'll come, he's got enough crap to think about trying to figure out BBs defensive schemes; once he's comfortable with that and the speed of the game at the pro level the picks will come.

Meriweather has really been stepping up, first on major hits on special teams and now he's really picking up the defense and he's in position to make plays. He'll start to hang on to those picks before long. This kid is a keeper, expect to see him with a regular role in the base defense next weekend to allow Rodney to again focus on Clark.

This is true.

He's dropped a few now to the point were any drops have a neon sign.

Yeah, it's held by Asante Samuel his first two years.

Whatever happened to that guy?:rolleyes:

Yeah, Harrison was saying he's got about the worst hands ever. He can work on that, though.

Don't be silly, looking at everything Meriweather has been doing as the season winds down you've got to be feeling positive about what he is going to do for this team in the coming years. He might not end up being our Ed Reed but he looks like he's going to be a great player as he comes into his own.

Meriweather made a number of good plays, and you want to focus on his not making that INT? That wasn't among his "should have made the catch" moments either, as it wasn't at all an easy catch.

Saying "I hope this guy isn't the future of the Pats DB's" makes you seem like quite the fan, and very intelligent:rolleyes:

We've got a great team this year, but when you're named after a player that wasn't even on the team last year it tells me something.

Knowhatimean?:)

Bandwagon%20Final.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back