PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A new low for the D&C scumbags [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A new low for the D&C scumbags

that when it comes to D & C and their political shenanigans,

"Political shenanigans?" Like what?

Re: John Dennis is a moron

Mods, can we get a "weiner whiner" sticky thread and put all this nonsense together?

Yep, that's what I did.

Re: John Dennis is a moron

What other Boston sports radio stations are online? I'm in NC now, but still want to listen to Boston radio. Suggestions?

Nothing. D+C were going to move to a new converted station before they got the new contract, but Entercom bought that station and forced D+C to come back.

Amazing how the all too typical MA libs posting here get their panties all in a wad because a guy on a morning sports and news commentary show expresses non-PC opinions. Take your own advice those of you listing the myriad other morning venues and Just Don't Listen.

Although I don't like their MLB obsessed show except for Patriots Monday, I must confess to occasionally listening to the headlines segment where I enjoy Callahan going ballistic over the latest left wing nonsense. I admit it's a guilty pleasure.

I love it as well. Good stuff.

I'm not a huge D&C fan. I listen for their sports talk and expect to get some conservative talk shoved at me too. When that happens, I turn it off. What irritated me today was how they spent their entire first hour, which is about all I'm able to listen to due to work, bashing their coworkers. Callahan using his "sissy" voice to make fun of Dale, making disparaging comments about Big O and his crew, etc. It got to be a little much. You can disagree with their premise but it turned into fifth grade cat fight today, which, in turn, spread to the other shows as well.

Last edited:
I lean pretty far to the left; but its the endless commercials on that show that gets me. The political commentary holds about as much water as the Titanic, so I can get over it; but they buzz through the Flash, do 11 minutes of commentary/phone calls and then its 45 minutes of commercials 'till the next hour and then repeat. People complain about the lack of Pats discussion on EEI. I have it figured out, its not a lack of Football. Its a lack of anything but commercials.

Edit: How many centuries will it take for any EEI listener to forget Giant Auto Glass' phone number?

Last edited:
I lean pretty far to the left; but its the endless commercials on that show that gets me. The political commentary holds about as much water as the Titanic, so I can get over it; but they buzz through the Flash, do 11 minutes of commentary/phone calls and then its 45 minutes of commercials 'till the next hour and then repeat. People complain about the lack of Pats discussion on EEI. I have it figured out, its not a lack of Football. Its a lack of anything but commercials.

Edit: How many centuries will it take for any EEI listener to forget Giant Auto Glass' phone number?
The Titanic holds alot of water. ;)

Tell me about it. That's the only problem with 'EEI - you have to listen through 5, sometimes 10 minutes of straight commercials. Usually from 7:35 (after the flash) to 7:45 (headlines) for me.

I lean to the right, as you may imagine. It seems that may play a factor in this.

You know what, point well taken and I apologize for employing such metaphorical language in past postings on this thread. This exchange does illustrate the potential pernicious effects of mixing politics with sports! If we all stuck to the Patriots we would all be on the same side (troll participation not withstanding of course). Instead we bicker about left wing vs. right wing, start insulting each other, etc. when this forum is dedicated to all of us in our support of our football team. Why bring politics into it like D & C insist on doing? We are all comrades in arms in support of our great football team. We all devote our time and resources to be a part however small of supporting our team. Bickering about politics is a distraction, and worse a way to take away the unity of our devotion to our team! No matter what else separates us in terms of politics, religion, ethnicity, etc., we are all united in our support, our devotion, and our allegiance to the greatest football team of the new century. We are three days removed from a game for the ages, let's get our attention back there, where it belongs.

Very well said. I, too, prefer to keep political talk in the political forum, where this thread should have already been sent.

I think maybe we're suffering from a sort of cabin fever here. This Pats-dolts thing has consumed us - or me, at least - for the last nine months. Sunday afternoon can't come soon enough.

Tonight's whiner line tore into them pretty well... i think you can get it on their website.

D&C may be like fingernails scratching on a blackboard to some, but they balance out the opinion from the other spectrum...thank goodness for that.

BTW ... Callahan is indeed a conservative. But you D&C haters don't even realize that Dennis is a moderate/liberal ... shows your ignorance to free speech and opinion. Open up your ears ... it's a good thing to hear others. if you truly listened to D&C and formed your own opinion you would already know this.

Callahan isn't a conservative, he's a fascist. He peddles fear and hate. He generalizes, labels, and misleads the public. He plays to the lowest common denominator in all of us, and he does it so his masters can continue to consolidate their power. And worst of all, in a time where we should be uniting, Callahan works to divide us. By political leanings, by skin color, ethniticity, and financial class.

FBN, throughout our history the government has swung periodically from doing its job to being the best government money can buy. We are now firmly in the "best government money can buy" position. On the plus side, historically we have eventually swung away from going too far in this direction, but I fear its gone too far and for too long. In the last 8 years the lobbyists have taken control and even this Democratic Congress is too long at the teat to do much about it except whine a little.

These aren't consevatives who run the government now, they are infecting their way, every day more into your and mine private lives. Never in our history have we lost more individual rights in such a short time. Even more than during the civil war.

And who is to blame? Mostly ourselves. The current regime came to power under a serious cloud, but if most Americans took the responisibility to vote it wouldn't have happened, and this current regime and their ilk not only count our appathy, they encourage it, with guys like D&C.

Unless the public takes back their Democracy by voting (both in local, state and National elections) they will lose it, and rightfully so, I guess.

BTW- I've always believed that being an American Citizen comes with responsibilities was well as privileges. And one of them was the responsibility to vote, and if you don't you should lose that right of Citizenship. BUT that's a topic for another time and another forum. I've rambled on too long already.

Last edited:

Stop listening.

Not aggressive enough for me. I stopped listening about 3 years ago but I'd still LOVE to help get them fired. Any more ideas?

Last edited:

The members here whining about D&C sound just like the wimps whining about the Patriots piling up the points. If your skin is that thin then you have no business listening to D&C. You don't have to agree with them to listen. It's great to have free speech in this country - you whining D&C wimps seem to forget that.

:rolleyes: Perhaps sports & opinion talk in Cuba or China would be more your taste, controlled and manufactured???:rolleyes:

Except in this case, we're discussing a SPORTS radio station. If they wan to discuss politics, they shouldn't be discussing from their biased perspective. Especially when 75% of Callahan's listeners are NOT conservative rednecks like him...but I guess that's one good way to get the audience riled up.

Callahan gives me the impression he doesn't care if he sounds like a loser.

The Titanic holds alot of water. ;)

OK, then their political commentary is as intellectual as a second grade spelling bee. Anyone who believes otherwise probably wouldn't do too well in that spelling bee.;)

I am so sick of these clowns, who buy onto every hysterical bandwagon coming through town.. talk about whiny *****es.. now they are calling out Pete Shepard and Michael Holley.. not that I care, but this man show bs deserves a double flush.. they are absurd frustrated men who care about nothing but the ratings.. hopefully people stop listening as this is the only thing that will change this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes