PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A new low for the D&C scumbags [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A new low for the D&C scumbags

The worst thing about D&C is definitely the political spin they add to the show. I stopped listening during the last presidential election cycle. Their political commentary took over the show. It was u0nbearable. It's a sports show, check your party line at the door, guys.

Dennis just condoned taking out Brady.
They are using quotes by Esterbrook to try and make their point. You would think those two worked for the Colts, what a couple of tools

Can we use our influence to get them reprimanded? I would love to participate in any means of getting them fired, but I doubt that is possible.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have absolutely no problem with D+C. Listen every morning. "Headlines" rocks.

How can you condone Callahan? He's blantantly racist & blames poor people for being poor....Inexcuseable!

You are the first one I've ever heard who says they enjoy their political commentary when they should be talking sports...hello, "sports radio-WEEI"!!!

They play the good cop/bad cop routine all the time. Each of them has, on occassion, taken a stance they didn't really believe in in order to get that whole routine going. It's what they do...

I'd still love to participate in some plan that gets them fired!:rocker:

That drop they have been playing on the Big Show is hilarious. "A lucrative radio contract..."-John Dennis.

Its almost as good as that one from the voicemail he left Russilo "John Dennis Calling..." lolol he sounds like a Ted Kinght newscaster wannabe.

The worst thing about D&C is definitely the political spin they add to the show. I stopped listening during the last presidential election cycle. Their political commentary took over the show. It was u0nbearable. It's a sports show, check your party line at the door, guys.

Wrong. It's not just a sports show. Headlines proves that. It's a morning talk show. They'll talk about whatever might be going on.

So don't think that, when they're supposed to talk sports for 4 hours, they try to force in current news and events. That's how the show is structured. They'll talk about current news, events, and politics from 7:45-8:00, and longer (or earlier) if the event calls for it. Or, like they've done this week, they'll shorten headlines to 5 minutes and then go back to talking about the big sports event (the World Series). Even for that stretch with Buckley/Burton/DeOssie, they still did headlines.

And they're damn entertaining and dynamic. And if you try to deny it, just read what QuiGon said. The highest ratings, two big contracts.

How can you condone Callahan? He's blantantly racist & blames poor people for being poor....Inexcuseable!

You are the first one I've ever heard who says they enjoy their political commentary when they should be talking sports...hello, "sports radio-WEEI"!!!

What's wrong with political commentary?

I agree with a lot of Callahan's views on things, especially politics. Doesn't mean I condone some of the stupid things he's said that's gotten him suspended, but I enjoy listening to what he has to say.

1) ... Please take that ******ed, typical Taxachusetts leftist moonbat garbage to the political forum.

I am sorry to read such a non-sequitur response to my chiming in to a discussion in this thread in which, after reviewing the other posts, over 90 percent of the respondents agree with me! If you are a right-winger, that's your problem, not mine. As a consumer, I have the right, as others on this forum do, to object to local radio hosts such as D & C doing a basic political show under the guise of talking about our beloved New England sports teams. The "headlines" segment is not funny, it's a simple formula: read a salacious headline (Dennis) and then listen to the loopy right winger angrily condemn and judge the subject of the headline (Callahan). Perhaps you are unaware that at any given time there are dozens of scary right wingers on the radio dial, we don't need to add stormtrooper Callahan to the mix.

Right now I am listening to Sirius NFL Radio over my computer, and I highly recommend it. Sorry I have to miss Gerry Callahan calling for injury to Tom Brady and the death of Senator Kennedy this morning. Let's apply the same rhetoric to D & C that they apply to everyone else: too bad someone didn't perform a D & C on D & C...

As a consumer, I have the right, as others on this forum do, to object to local radio hosts such as D & C doing a basic political show under the guise of talking about our beloved New England sports teams.

Wrong. Nobody at WEEI advertises the show as a 4 straight hours of sports talk. If they did, there wouldn't be the headlines segment.

I'm surprised at how many actually think that D+C are trying to "disguise" their political/current events talk as sports talk.

I guess that very few actually are aware of the fact that the show has that current events aspect BUILT IN. It's nothing rogue that D+C do.

If you have a problem with that, complain about WEEI, not D+C. Because if the majority didn't like listening to headlines, then that segment wouldn't be there. But the majority does, so it stays. And they have great ratings. So you're simply in the minority if you don't like listening to that, and you have to accept that fact.

Wrong. It's not just a sports show. Headlines proves that. It's a morning talk show. They'll talk about whatever might be going on.

So don't think that, when they're supposed to talk sports for 4 hours, they try to force in current news and events. That's how the show is structured. They'll talk about current news, events, and politics from 7:45-8:00, and longer (or earlier) if the event calls for it. Or, like they've done this week, they'll shorten headlines to 5 minutes and then go back to talking about the big sports event (the World Series). Even for that stretch with Buckley/Burton/DeOssie, they still did headlines.

Call it whatever you like, but whatever it is, they suck at it. Especially if its sports.

And they're damn entertaining and dynamic. And if you try to deny it, just read what QuiGon said. The highest ratings, two big contracts.

Yeah, Toby Keith has platinum records, too. Doesn't mean his music isn't garbage catered towards the lowest common denominator.

Wrong. Nobody at WEEI advertises the show as a 4 straight hours of sports talk. If they did, there wouldn't be the headlines segment.

I'm surprised at how many actually think that D+C are trying to "disguise" their political/current events talk as sports talk.

I guess that very few actually are aware of the fact that the show has that current events aspect BUILT IN. It's nothing rogue that D+C do.

If you have a problem with that, complain about WEEI, not D+C. Because if the majority didn't like listening to headlines, then that segment wouldn't be there. But the majority does, so it stays. And they have great ratings. So you're simply in the minority if you don't like listening to that, and you have to accept that fact.

I'd much rather be in the minority than listen to those two half-wits.

Of course, like I've always said, there's virtually no competition in that slot. You could put Peter King in that slot and have him talk about his daughter's field hockey team for 4 hours a day and call it "Sports Talk Radio", and it would be #1 in the ratings.

They are idiots. Thank God for sirius radio. Ever since I got Sirius I rarely if ever put on D&C in the morning. And, if I think I'm going to miss anything local, I can go to the patriots website and listen to broadcasts. Hey WEEI, your morning advertisers aren't getting any of my $$$$.

I'd still love to participate in some plan that gets them fired!:rocker:

start writing their advertisers and tell them that you are going to boycott their products

I think you are confusing the issues here. It is not "wrong" to object to political content (whatever its ideological basis) regardless of how subliminally WEEI promotes D & C. It is certainly the right of consumers to express their opinions, as we are doing on this forum, there is nothing "wrong" about it. Please stop confusing the issues. If you listen to WEEI or go to their website right now what do you hear or read: "WEEI SPORTS RADIO" -- other stations that incorporate news in an honest fashion bill themselves as "sports-talk-radio" which WEEI does NOT. I think it is clear from reading the vast majority of posters to this thread that when it comes to D & C and their political shenanigans, they have problems. They may be the "number one" market in this area -- but honestly what are the alternatives on the FCC airwaves in southern New England? Thankfully Internet connectivity, including WiFi, allows those of us who have been yearning for an alternative the ability to have multiple alternatives to listen to sports radio programming in the morning and throughout the day such as ESPN, Fox Sports, Sirius NFL Radio, XM Radio sports channels, etc. We'll see who is "number one" in a few years from now...

Because they're the #1 rated show on in the mornings. I would have thought that was obvious...

It has less to do with D&C but more to do with the slot and the subject matter. They were still #1 when they WEREN'T on the air.

All this righteous indignation is nice, but if you want to really hurt them call or write the station or their corporate masters and simply say that you won't listen or if you do, you won't patronize the sponsors until D&C are removed.

All the negative attributes to this show are correct, but the ONLY decisions are made in this country now are money based, right or wrong have nothing to do with it. Its the one reason I like about being old, I won't have to live through the inevidable demise of this once great democracy.

The members here whining about D&C sound just like the wimps whining about the Patriots piling up the points. If your skin is that thin then you have no business listening to D&C. You don't have to agree with them to listen. It's great to have free speech in this country - you whining D&C wimps seem to forget that.

:rolleyes: Perhaps sports & opinion talk in Cuba or China would be more your taste, controlled and manufactured???:rolleyes:

All the negative attributes to this show are correct, but the ONLY decisions are made in this country now are money based, right or wrong have nothing to do with it.

Democracy is free speech patfanken ... it does not exist without it, you can't have it both ways. Perhaps if you reread what you wrote you would see the hypocrisy there. I mean come on, you don't know this? It's going on every day know in the Presidential runup to the primaries.

D&C may be like fingernails scratching on a blackboard to some, but they balance out the opinion from the other spectrum...thank goodness for that.

BTW ... Callahan is indeed a conservative. But you D&C haters don't even realize that Dennis is a moderate/liberal ... shows your ignorance to free speech and opinion. Open up your ears ... it's a good thing to hear others. if you truly listened to D&C and formed your own opinion you would already know this.

start writing their advertisers and tell them that you are going to boycott their products

Wimp ... grow some skin.

All the negative attributes to this show are correct, but the ONLY decisions are made in this country now are money based, right or wrong have nothing to do with it. Its the one reason I like about being old, I won't have to live through the inevidable demise of this once great democracy.

You are absolutely correct! In leaving this discussion I would like to conclude with this observation. We live in a politically divisive age, given the imminent presidential election cycle and all the domestic and foreign relations issues that plague us as a nation, most notably the war in Iraq. There are multiple ways each of us can express our opinions about these issues as Americans, whether left, right or somewhere in between. If I wanted to focus on politics, I'd tune into a political talk station (knowing me that would probably mean Air America). However, I listen to *sports* radio programming to hear analyses, commentary, opinion about *sports.* I listen to local sports radio programming to hear these analyses about our regional sports teams we all support with our money, our time, and most notably our emotions. Whether or not I agree or disagree with my neighbors politically, we ALL share our commitment and devotion to the Patriots, the Red Sox, the Celtics, the Bruins, etc. Our regional devotion to our local sports teams transcends our petty political differences, so why bring them up on *sports* radio broadcasting? It's a lose-lose proposition, as the opinions expressed in this thread attest. When I listen to sports radio that's what I want to focus on: our sports teams, most notably the Patriots.

Those of us who have been devoted to the Patriots over the past decades have witnessed the tranformation of a team from the doormat of the NFL to its dominant powerhouse ("dynasty"). Now in the middle of a potentially record breaking NFL season on many fronts, our team and its coaches are being assailed from all quarters on the eve of perhaps the biggest regular season game in memory. Let's keep our focus on the Patriots, and leave the political debate for another time on a different venue from sports radio or Patriots fan forums/blogs. The political views of D & C, whether objectionable or not (and in my opinion "objectionable" is a kind term) should not infuse such a significant proportion of what they bill as a "sports" show. Enough already. I mean, I tune in to my local "sports radio" station to hear about the Patriots, and instead I get to listen to Gerry Callahan talk in sarcastic tones about the possible death of our sitting United States Senator! There are literally hundreds of right wing gabbers polluting the radio dial, and D & C aren't as clever or funny as 90 percent of them.

Thankfully there are options. Now I listen to Sirius NFL Radio, and tune in to ESPN radio as well from time to time, and I actually get to hear thoughtful analyses of SPORTS... imagine that!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back