PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A new low for the D&C scumbags [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A new low for the D&C scumbags

They are OK, I think, Meter is actually starting to irritate me

I've heard that some radios have a way that you can change the station you're listening to if you don't like what you're hearing. Perhaps some of you should read your radios' manuals and see if they come with such an advanced function.

Unfortunately the alternatives are few. I listen to Mike and Lew on the Zone in the morning sometimes, they're a little bit calmer and more focused, though I have no idea who they are.

Dennis just condoned taking out Brady.
They are using quotes by Esterbrook to try and make their point. You would think those two worked for the Colts, what a couple of tools

Are you sure you are not abusing the word "condoned" here? That sounds quite dubious to me.

Besides that, name a DL or LB that doesn't want to take out the opposing QB.

And besides that, there is a difference between taking out a QB legally and taking him out illegally. You didn't really specify which, but I think that is a gaping hole that you need to fill before you run around inciting riots.

Please, don't call me a D&C apologist because I can't stand them. I just smell a big fish here because nobody in Boston is going to condone an ILLEGAL downing of a QB. If they were talking a LEGAL downing then big deal, isn't that what the defense always tries to do?

And isn't that the only way to beat the Patriots?

OK - so D&C are worried about injuries late in a game as well as the negative perception the Patriots get by throwing as well as running the ball.

Did they think for a moment what would happen if we run the ball play after play after play after play? Do they think Defenses might pick up on that trend and put every player on run defense?

Doesn't that have a high likelihood of getting someone seriously injured - possibly a key offensive lineman?

That's why you maintain a balanced offense - and just because you have a lead doesn't mean you no longer want to run out the clock... one has to continue getting first downs to run out the clock and that means running and passing.

One minute Callahan makes a statement about the Rockies being adversely affected by having too much downtime between series, and then goes off to criticize the Patriots for not taking downtime in the 4th quarter...

Apparently they can't see the hypocrisy of that so I guess its up to us to point it out.

OK - so D&C are worried about injuries late in a game as well as the negative perception the Patriots get by throwing as well as running the ball.

Did they think for a moment what would happen if we run the ball play after play after play after play? Do they think Defenses might pick up on that trend and put every player on run defense?

Doesn't that have a high likelihood of getting someone seriously injured - possibly a key offensive lineman?

That's why you maintain a balanced offense - and just because you have a lead doesn't mean you no longer want to run out the clock... one has to continue getting first downs to run out the clock and that means running and passing.

One minute Callahan makes a statement about the Rockies being adversely affected by having too much downtime between series, and then goes off to criticize the Patriots for not taking downtime in the 4th quarter...

Apparently they can't see the hypocrisy of that so I guess its up to us to point it out.

They make so little sense sometimes. Dennis is even worse, he just gets caught up in an argument, takes a side and just doesn't move from it, even if all logic goes against it.

There's no basis in football for what he and others that share their viewpoints are saying. Easterbrook tried to bring actual Xs and Os into it, but he was wrong and full of it (re: blitzing at the end of the game).

Dungy of all people finally brought up what I think is the most cogent point yet: sometimes there are things you want to work on in a game, regardless of the score. If anything, the Patriots should be rewarded for beating the crap out of teams so early in the game that they get to use the remainder of the game as an exhibition to work on things such as a two-minute drill or their spread formation.

These 2 should have been fired for their racist remarks years ago. I have no idea how they are still on the air.
Because they're the #1 rated show on in the mornings. I would have thought that was obvious...

I've heard that some radios have a way that you can change the station you're listening to if you don't like what you're hearing. Perhaps some of you should read your radios' manuals and see if they come with such an advanced function.
Ya seriously... the way people in here are talking, it's like they are held in a "Clockwork Orange" type facility forced to listen to each and every word on WEEI between 6 and 10.

Here's a little secret of the radio industry: You get better ratings when people hate you than when they like you. So threads like these help D&C laugh all the way to the bank.

They make so little sense sometimes. Dennis is even worse, he just gets caught up in an argument, takes a side and just doesn't move from it, even if all logic goes against it.
They play the good cop/bad cop routine all the time. Each of them has, on occassion, taken a stance they didn't really believe in in order to get that whole routine going. It's what they do...

Instead of allowing Dennis and Callahan to do their daily "news" segment, why doesn't WEEI just re-broadcast speeches from Nazi Germany from the 1930s? The content is almost indistinguishable from the comments and opinions of Gerry Callahan.
Let's see... reading articles verbatim from the Boston Herald versus advocating the murder of millions of Jews... yeah, I can see how that comparison makes sense... :rolleyes:

I think some of you are letting your obsessive hatred get the best of you just a tad bit too much.

Wow what a dumb move on their part. What are they gonna do now, advocate hamstringing beloved Brad Faxon? Give me a break. What the hell are they going to say to Brady on Monday after they've won. John Dennis is a washe dup loser and I dont know anyone who actually reads through Callahan's trite columns.

What? They weren't talking about the Red Sox?

Why, people? Why do you torture yourselves by listening to, reading or watching folks you KNOW you hate? Hello! HELLO!!!

You're reminiscent of the fundamentalists who whip and scourge themselves into religious exctasy.

Dennis just condoned taking out Brady.
They are using quotes by Esterbrook to try and make their point. You would think those two worked for the Colts, what a couple of tools

I condone anyone who does a driveby on D&C, and mames their brains for life. ;) :rocker:

I condone anyone who does a driveby on D&C, and mames their brains for life. ;) :rocker:

Hey, I live 5 blocks from their main studio and would prefer no gangsta s--- outside my front door, thank you very much;)

Hey, I live 5 blocks from their main studio and would prefer no gangsta s--- outside my front door, thank you very much;)

In that case I'm have to call on Paulie Walnuts :eek:

I have some quick thoughts on the whole running up the score bit. First off I don't believe it is ever possible to be running up a score in the first half of a football game. I agree with whatever the Patriots do in the first half, they are superior, and they should be trying to score as much as possible at that point. With all that being said, up 38-0 going into the 4th quarter is a different story. Now I don't believe the Pats should, "stop trying" or "take a knee 3 times and punt" and don't understand why folks are talking in extremes on this issue. I really don't even care if they leave their starters in the game. The bottom line for me is the Patriots are a great team, they should have no problem at all running the ball 3 times, picking up first downs and milking the clock vs a gassed defense. Does everyone here agree with that, I know if I started a thread stating that the Pats have a poor offensive line and running game you guys would be fighting me to the death. They should only be throwing when they have to late in games.

That is all I mean when if i talk about running it up, I don't expect them to kneel, stop trying or even pull there starters. Have that big old line push around a gassed defense and get to the end of the game.

I get so frustrated when I hear the extremes folks are taking this issue to. I'm sure I'll get called a troll and all kinds of crap as that is the intial reponse to anything I ever post on this very sensitive site.

Those two douchenozzles were the beginning of the end for me and 'EEI. I stoppedlistening to D&C first. They have absolutely no good insight on sports, nor are they the least bit entertaining. All they do is ***** and moan and talk down to people who oppose ANY view they have (common thread on all the shows).

When Neumy left the midday show, it was all over.

Finally, I just couldn't stand listening to the Big O yell at every caller on the show. Ordway has less knowledge of sports than any person on that station.

Now I stick to national ESPN and Fox Sports radio. I'm willing to deal with the national sports talk in turn for entertaining and insightful hosts.

Those two douchenozzles were the beginning of the end for me and 'EEI. I stoppedlistening to D&C first. They have absolutely no good insight on sports, nor are they the least bit entertaining. All they do is ***** and moan and talk down to people who oppose ANY view they have (common thread on all the shows).

When Neumy left the midday show, it was all over.

Finally, I just couldn't stand listening to the Big O yell at every caller on the show. Ordway has less knowledge of sports than any person on that station.

Now I stick to national ESPN and Fox Sports radio. I'm willing to deal with the national sports talk in turn for entertaining and insightful hosts.

Everything you say is true, but Holley is defintely worth giving a shot to.

I have absolutely no problem with D+C. Listen every morning. "Headlines" rocks.

1) Mike & Mike in the morning, and Colin Cowherd are vastly superior to WEEI programming...

2) Instead of allowing Dennis and Callahan to do their daily "news" segment, why doesn't WEEI just re-broadcast speeches from Nazi Germany from the 1930s? The content is almost indistinguishable from the comments and opinions of Gerry Callahan. I wish these guys would talk SPORTS rather than their incessant right-wing rubbish. This morning I listened briefly to Gerry Callahan and heard him basically advocate for Senator Kennedy's death. Shame on him.

1) Mike Greenberg and Colin Cowturd make my ears bleed. Vastly superior ball-washing of "superstars" is what you should have wrote.

2) Please take that ******ed, typical Taxachusetts leftist moonbat garbage to the political forum.

I'm glad I don't listen to WEEI any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes