PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A new low for the D&C scumbags [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nummit

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Dennis just condoned taking out Brady.
They are using quotes by Esterbrook to try and make their point. You would think those two worked for the Colts, what a couple of tools

Last edited:
Re: A new low for the D&C scumbags

These 2 should have been fired for their racist remarks years ago. I have no idea how they are still on the air.

those 2 dont surprise me. i only listened to them once . they are epitome of the -ve boston media. just find something bad or -ve to say about the sports teams. And that too about the player they interview every morning and who provided explanations about the plays that were called.

They are using quotes by Esterbrook to try and make their point. You would think those two worked for the Colts, what a couple of tools
listening to those two is like listening to someone scratching fingernails on a blackboard try the hillman on aaf they talk sports and you dont get the headache along with it

Easterbrook's on now. The tongue bath they are giving him is disgusting.

I shut 'em off this morning after about 10 minutes of listening. Nothing like having a superb football team and to knocking 'em down a few rungs just because you want/have to be controversial.

Terry

These 2 should have been fired for their racist remarks years ago. I have no idea how they are still on the air.

It's funny how these guys rage at politicians who make decisions based on what they call sentiment or sentimentality. They like to harp on it, ad nauseum.

Yet in paid professional sports they just want to go along with old-time sentiment, under the guise of sportsmanship. Lay down, stop trying, because of 'feelings'.

Smell the hypocrisy?

This is not little league baseball, where you might break the spirit of a kid from wanting to play the game altogether, and give up too young.

It is obvious Belichick and Brady are putting the pedal to the metal, trying to drive the sentimentality out of pro football. D&C should cheer and back it, since it's their mantra in other areas of life.

How much better are the Patriots equipped to play 60 mins. of pro football than the other team. We are really finding out.

Threats of cheap shots because they're doing what they get paid to do? Sounds like sour grapes about wanting someone else to be sentimental for your perceived pain and embarrasment.

Dennis and Callahan are hypocrite sentimentalists.

Thankfully I don't have the "pleasure" of hearing them here. While they all are a bunch of douches for actually condoning it and continuously putting forth the notion that it will happen (not just these ***clowns, but all of them), I think it is a legitimate fear with TB still in the game late with a huge lead. While the running up the score line is b.s., I don't think it's unreasonable to think that there is some loose cannon out there that might take a shot at TB. Repercussions be damned. BB and the Pats may not worry about it much, but as a mere fan I do.

One of the reasons I'm glad I'm out of Boston is that I don't have to listen to those two clownshoes anymore.

Don't listen to them!
They would rather talk golf than football!
They are useless poseurs!

Don't listen to them!
They would rather talk golf than football!
They are useless poseurs!
Fortunatlely for me I'm out of signal range :) Although I wouldn't listen to them any way. Thank G*d for Sirius NFL Radio!

FACTS - Too bad D&C will never read it

Hey guys, I just sent the following email to D&C. It contains actual FACT to try and battle their hyperboly. Knowing that, they will never read it on the air and it's too bad.

All of this complaining about the Patriots running the score up is nothing more then made up hyperbole by the media. This kind of stuff has been going on throughout the HISTORY of the game. Please stop preaching from your bully pulpit about how the Patriots are not holding up "tradition" in the NFL. It's simply incorrect. This season is simply a bias against the Patriots after they "got away with it" in regards to "videogate." FIrst it was the videotaping. Next it was how the Patriots are dirty because of the Wilfork hit on Losman. Next Vrabel shows "no class" by trying to "take out" the quarterback during the Browns game. Now it's the big bad Patriots "running the score up" against the Cowboys, Dolphins, and Redskins.

The history of the league is strewn with examples of "running it up." This is not new, this is not the Patriots bucking tradition. In 1993 when the Cowboys destroyed the Bills in the Superbowl 52 - 17, they were not "bullies." No, the score validated the dominance of a Dynasty and they were widely praised. SuperBowl 24 brought us a 55 - 10 drumming of the Broncos handed down by the 49ers. They were running up the score right? No, they were dominant.

So I ask, why now are lopsided victories by the Patriots not considered dominant? Instead, they are "bullies", they "show no respect", and obviously they are "classless." No, what this really shows is how much of an influence the media really has on today's game. I guess the saying of the pen being mightier then the sword is still a fact today when perception truly is reality.

Look below and you will see just a handful of examples of previous teams dominating performances. They were not lambasted for "running it up." Ironic...

SF 44
LA 14

SF beats LA 44-14 puts up 21 points in 4th quarter. Steve Young (yes, the same Steve Young now lambasting the Patriots for running the score up) throws 2 TD in 4th quarter and Jerry Rice runs for 28 yards (reverse?)

Phi 40
SF 8

Randal Cunningham throws for a TD in the 4th quarter when the Eagles were already up 33 – 8.

Buff 44
KC 10

Up 34 – 10 in 4th quarter, Jim Kelly throws TD pass

Atl 51
Car 23

Starter Jamal Anderson scored TD in 4th quarter of blowout

Atl 41
NE 10

Starting QA Chandler throws for TD while leading 31 – 10 in 4th quarter

Stl 42
Mia 10

Warner throws TD pass halfway through 4th quarter while up 32 – 10 and Miami had not scored in 2nd half.

Ind 51
Tenn 24

Tenn had not scored since 1st quarter, yet Manning throws TD in 4th quarter after team had already scored 41 points

Re: FACTS - Too bad D&C will never read it

they are complete idiots so why would they understand reasnable facts????

people ***** about it because if the pats continue to show their dominance or go undefeated, It throws all the crap they want to believe out the window. plus when you do something wrong (videogate) your not supposed to show pride even after you paid your dues. your suppose to quietly go about your business not make LOUD statements with the way you play. belichick will never bow down, nope, they (the media and pat haters ) will never get the benefit to see that, and that irks them to no end.

I agree. I switched to ESPN radio when D & C came back to WEEI. Mike & Mike in the morning, and Colin Cowherd are vastly superior to WEEI programming, although I understand that the local content is not there like Boston radio. The silver lining is that the way the Patriots and Red Sox (and soon to be Celtics) are going, listening to the national broadcasts on ESPN radio is like listening to local programming, because our teams are generally the main topic of discussion.

Instead of allowing Dennis and Callahan to do their daily "news" segment, why doesn't WEEI just re-broadcast speeches from Nazi Germany from the 1930s? The content is almost indistinguishable from the comments and opinions of Gerry Callahan. I wish these guys would talk SPORTS rather than their incessant right-wing rubbish. This morning I listened briefly to Gerry Callahan and heard him basically advocate for Senator Kennedy's death. Shame on him.

Last edited:

See, no mention of this email. I mean, it's only FACT and goes directly to Jerry's statement "tell me more then the score" so he can determine if scores were run up in the past. What a J-O-K-E.

Easterbrook is full of it.

First of all, what a lunatic the guy sounds like saying that the Pats shouldn't run up the score b/c they "should be nice to other teams" in order to win back their reputation after spy gate. WTF? NFL teams should "be nice". Holy crap this guy is weird.

Second - he was flat out lying on the show. Or he's just an idiot. He's talking about the Pats blitzing at the end of the game, sending Vrabel and Colvin. Look, the Pats employ a 3-4 and in passing situations, sometimes they have even LESS than 3 lineman, OF COURSE A LINEBACKER IS GOING TO RUSH.

Huge props to Dale and Holley for spinning this crap in the other direction. They just proved Steve Young is a hypocrite

I've heard that some radios have a way that you can change the station you're listening to if you don't like what you're hearing. Perhaps some of you should read your radios' manuals and see if they come with such an advanced function.

Last edited:

I also liked when they said something to the effect of "...like when Kimo VanOlhoffen took out Carson Palmer, or as we like to call it now - pulling a Vince Wilfork...". nice, I'd like to see Vince wander into the studio while those two knob jobs are at Gillette one day so they can say it to his face.

I'll switch to ESPN radio thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back