PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A must win for Indy tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan24

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I think the colts have to win this game tonight, otherwise they are 4 games back and have already lost two divison games. I don't see indy getting to the super bowl as a wild card team. Indy is very lucky to even be where they are, the viks and the texans gave them two extra wins

Re: OT: A must win for Indy tonight

I think that if they lose tonight... that their season is [OFFICIALLY] over personally.

They have to win tonight if they want to stay in the race.

It's not at must win at all tonight, and there season isn't over if they lose.

If they lose tonight, they're one game behind the second wild card spot currently held by the Ravens/Jets.

They can lose tonight and end up being tied for the 6th AFC playoff spot next week.

Put it this way: if the Colts lose tonight, it becomes doubly critical for them to beat us next Sunday since we're the even money to be a wild card competitor. They will play us much, much harder than if they eek out a win against the Titans tonight.

I'll still be cheering against them, but I won't be sad if they win.

The race for the AFC South title is over for Indy if they lose tonight. Making up 4 games (5 if you count the tiebreakers) is a lot to ask of a team that could easily have been 1-6 if they lose tonight trying to catch a team with no losses.

The Colts could still get a Wild Card, but that could be unrealistic by the end of November. They have the Pats, at Pittsburgh, Houston, at San Deigo, and at Cleveland in November. None of those are easy wins for Indy right now. I can see them easily going 2-3 or 1-4 during that stretch.

I thought before the season that the Colts were a 10-6 team. I think now they could be a 9-7 or an 8-8 team.

Must win game for the division. Not a must win game at all for wild card. Long way to go.

Must win game for the division. Not a must win game at all for wild card. Long way to go.

I'm just hoping for a hard fought, physical, physical game that leaves them banged up for next week.......

Colts playing a strong game so far. Very good run D. Saturday back in at center makes a big difference to O-line.

The Colts season is no more over than ours would have been if the Bills had won and we had lost on Sunday. Last I checked, the current World Champions were wild cards.

I hope they suck and lose next week...

i really really really hate it that we dont play the titans this season...

Last edited:

i really really really hate it that we dont play the titans this season...

We can still get them in the playoffs.

I hope the Vikings drop Bobby Wade, the Titans sign him, and Brandon Meriweather snaps him in half. His blatant cheap hit on Rodney Harrison, I'll never forgive. Wade may be the only player I wish injury on because of that.

Last edited:

The Colts season is no more over than ours would have been if the Bills had won and we had lost on Sunday. Last I checked, the current World Champions were wild cards.

It is more over than the Pats would have been with a loss and a Bills win. The Pats still had more control of their destiny for a playoff spot even in that scenario. The Pats would only have been 2 games back behind the Bills and still could win the division without hoping for a total collapse by the Bills. The Colts' hope for the division are lost (barring a Titan's second half of the season meltdown) and out of their control. Their only realistic shot of getting into the playoffs is the Wild Card at this point. That is a huge difference.

We can still get them in the playoffs.

I hope the Vikings drop Bobby Wade, the Titans sign him, and Brandon Meriweather snaps him in half. His blatant cheap hit on Rodney Harrison, I'll never forgive. Wade may be the only player I wish injury on because of that.

:enranged:

I don't wish injuries on any players, period. But I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for the Titans (or Bobby Wade).

It is more over than the Pats would have been with a loss and a Bills win. The Pats still had more control of their destiny for a playoff spot even in that scenario. The Pats would only have been 2 games back behind the Bills and still could win the division without hoping for a total collapse by the Bills. The Colts' hope for the division are lost (barring a Titan's second half of the season meltdown) and out of their control. Their only realistic shot of getting into the playoffs is the Wild Card at this point. That is a huge difference.

I disagree. A season is either over (the original premise of this thread) or it isn't. In both the Colt's case today and in the hypothetical I cited (Bills win and we lose) the season would have not been over. There are no differing degrees of "the season is over" that I can see.

The Colts could seriously be 1-6 right now, if the Texans did not give them that game, and the Vikings well had a QB in week 2.. Im still not conifident about next week, but the Colts are not to be mighty as once was..

I disagree. A season is either over (the original premise of this thread) or it isn't. In both the Colt's case today and in the hypothetical I cited (Bills win and we lose) the season would have not been over. There are no differing degrees of "the season is over" that I can see.

Of course there are degrees of being out of it. The Pats can win one of three playoff spots right now even if they lost and the Bills won. The Colts have only a realistic shot at two. Who has a better chance to go the post season? The team with two possible playoff spots or a team with three possible playoff spots. The Colts cannot win the division barring disaster by the Titans. The Pats still could win the division even if they were two games behind the Bills today. How is that the same situation?

When you are out of division title contention like the Colts basically are, your season is closer to being over than a team that can still win the division. At the very least they are clearly not in the same position.

Let's mention the Pats still have a realistic shot at both a home playoff game and possibly a first round bye. The Colts really don't.

Last edited:

According to PlayoffStatus.com, the Colts did have something riding on the game--their loss means they no longer control their destiny even for the Wild Cards.

BTW--as of today, if the Pats can go 5-4 over their remaining nine games, they still have a >80% chance of making the playoffs.

Last edited:

I think if we beat indy, good chance we could go 5-3 rest of way, the division games are always a toss up right now.. split buffalo , miami in miami no matter who the qb is has always been tough, and the jets well we know what that will be like..

Buffalo and the jets in 4 days is going to be tough..

:enranged:

I don't wish injuries on any players, period. But I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for the Titans (or Bobby Wade).

it is hard to root for the titans because of the BS they pulled on the pats. they were going after bradys knees in that game.

btw it is a must win for the colts against the pats. a MUST win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots