PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Moss-type receiver is not good for NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but, I don't think Moss is helping this team. You can argue with the stats, etc, but he takes Brady's vision away two weeks in a row on huge momentum shifters. Brady looks to Moss way too often.

I think this team needs a WR corps like the Eagles, huge depth but not one superstar.

Thoughts?

He was great for us in 2007 and last season wasn't he? Is Randy Moss the reason for the pass rush being horrendous? Is Randy Moss the reason for the poor corners? Is Randy Moss the reason for this bad offense? No its not. It is the personnel that was brought in here in the off season and the bad playing calling. Moss has been great for this team. Not his fault.

Last edited:
Welker gets one on one coverage fron nickel backs because of Randy Moss. The middle of the field is wide open because of Randy Moss.

The Patriots are missing a 2nd WR who can beat single coverage.

Edit: The two "momentum shifters" you name both involved mistakes more than forced passes. In the Saints game Brady was late (due to pressure) on a slant that was wide open if thrown on time. In the game today, Brady badly underthrew the fade route. In watching the replay, the ball appeared to wobble from the start, this might have been a poor throw due to his injury.

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but, I don't think Moss is helping this team. You can argue with the stats, etc, but he takes Brady's vision away two weeks in a row on huge momentum shifters. Brady looks to Moss way too often.

I think this team needs a WR corps like the Eagles, huge depth but not one superstar.

Thoughts?

Well, I mean, history does bear that out a bit doesn't it? Our most successful years were when Branch, Givens, and Brown were all doing their thing with Faulk serving as something of a swing man between lining up with the WRs and catching screens in the backfield.

They should still be able to do that... although losing Edelman does seem to hurt a lot, since both him and WW would be able to open up the sidelines a bit.

The offense is to blame, but it's not on Moss.

The Patriots give the opposing offense WAY too many chances/drives this year.

Yeah...take moss off the team and give the D more attention to Welker and slow down the offense....great idea

Thoughts?

I was talking with a friend about Moss the other day. I was saying that Moss is a terrible posession receiver. With Moss it's either a bomb or nothing for the most part. When was the last time you say Moss wide open on anything just over ten yards? I was watching Branch and Givens against Indy last week in the 2003 regular season game on NFL network. They were both wide open constantly on crossing routes around 10-15 yards down field. I miss that!

Any of you guys that know engines (I know....only the engine guys will get this)Moss is like a top end only motor. He has no low or mid engine tourque. It's killing drives. Sure....he can give you that big play from time to time....but, he is a drive killer IMO

Other than his cap #, you can't possibly convince me having Moss is not a good thing.

It is possible to have a weapon like Moss and not throw the ball downfield 50 times a game. He's not the one calling the plays.

Thoughts?

I know right? Who needs a good wide receiver when you can have a bunch of average ones. And then we could be like the Eagles! Woohoo!

MOss is great for the team. What needs to happen is for BB to sit M0$$ for a game and humble Brady down. Make him spread the ball. Why have Watson when you don't pass to the guy. We don't pass to the RBs enough. We don't use Aiken. He might be able to stretch the field too.
Brady over relies on Moss and that is what kills us.

I was talking with a friend about Moss the other day. I was saying that Moss is a terrible posession receiver. With Moss it's either a bomb or nothing for the most part. When was the last time you say Moss wide open on anything just over ten yards? I was watching Branch and Givens against Indy last week in the 2003 regular season game on NFL network. They were both wide open constantly on crossing routes around 10-15 yards down field. I miss that!

Any of you guys that know engines (I know....only the engine guys will get this)Moss is like a top end only motor. He has no low or mid engine tourque. It's killing drives. Sure....he can give you that big play from time to time....but, he is a drive killer IMO

Stop being naive people. This poster's second paragraph is what I ment when I made this thread. It's true.

It's not Moss, it's BRADY. I know we all love Brady, but HE is the one forcing the ball, not Moss. Brady is playing like ****. Brady is the one who has to make the correct decisions and HE is not. The blame lies on Brady and the OC, NOT on Moss.

I mean, the same can be said about Welker. On one of the last drives of the game Brady forced the ball to a TRIPLE covered Welker and almost got intercepted. He just doesn't have the vision right now. He had perfect vision in '07.

Thoughts?

LMAO...funny thread...thanks for trying to cheer us up after this horrible lost dude...

Moss is the second best WR in the history of the game! This is foolish talk.

We don't use tight ends. We don't kick FGs. We don't run the ball. We don't stop qbs from having career days. We don't save timeouts. We don't protect the qb when we are on last minute comeback drives. This is what is not good for NE

^ Go watch the Buffalo game, when Welker was out moss caught 12 balls for 141 yards. So don't tell me that Moss can't run short routes.

A lot of the vikes fans used to say that too, and its stupid. You have the most dominant deep threat in NFL history, and you want him too run short routes? Stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes