PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Moment for Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriotic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
God willing, Troy catches #535 against the Colts to break Stanley Morgan's pass catching record for the Pats. Can and should the Pats stop the game? The home crowd would be pumped and Troy is certainly deserving. And if Polian goes nuts all the better.

I'm sure there is an NFL rule on these sorts of things but it'll be a special moment for a memorable player of a great team. Thoughts?

dont get me wrong I think its going to be an amazing moment and cant wait for troy to break it but I think they would only really stop a game if it was a leauge wide record being broken?

am I wrong? ither way I would like to see it happen but I really dont know

And stop the momentum of the O ? Especially when it's an 80% chance of being a reception for a 1st down.

No way BB does that.

R

njpatsfan said:
And stop the momentum of the O ? Especially when it's an 80% chance of being a reception for a 1st down.

No way BB does that.

R

I don't think they will stop the game, but it won't because BB won't allow it. He has too much respect for the history of football as well as Troy Brown. I don't really believe that the momentum of the O would stop. I kind of believe that the O's momentum is only as good as the play called and how it matches up against the defense.

Patriotic said:
God willing, Troy catches #535 against the Colts to break Stanley Morgan's pass catching record for the Pats. Can and should the Pats stop the game? The home crowd would be pumped and Troy is certainly deserving. And if Polian goes nuts all the better.

I'm sure there is an NFL rule on these sorts of things but it'll be a special moment for a memorable player of a great team. Thoughts?

Unlike baseball, I don't think they stop play for such things in football. I'm sure NBC will have pleny of graphics, film clips etc. knowing that Troy is on the precipice of such a grand achievement. I'd love that catch to be a TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back