PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A mock trend: I have found I like what we get.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I have found that most of the mock drafts I read have a common theme. I usually like a few of the names we get and there are always plenty of names after our pick that I would be happy to get instead of what the mock had. I know the depth has been stated but it becomes more obvious when you read mock after mock.

I can't wait for the draft already.

I hear ya. I can't even make up my mind who I like for #23 let alone all the guys I want in the 2nd round.

We still get Laurinitis in some mocks which I don't like. Next up from him is Clay Mathews who I could live with but still wouldn't be thrilled.

The surprise could be a WR or OL in Round 1 if we love a guy - we have defensive needs (for youth and depth) but plenty more picks with which to get the defense.

I have seen some mocks having us take a RB in the first.
Just give us a OL and 2/3 REALLY SOLID players on defense and I think most fans will be happy.
In BB we trust.

For the most part I really enjoy the mocks that have picks that are different for instance I have seen Percy Harvin, C.Wells, Knowshon Moreno, DHB etc.The one thing that annoys me is the mocks that get lazy and have us picking James Laurinaitis. For someone who is probably going to slip into the second round going to us in the first just because we need a LB is just kind of lazy to me.

For the most part I really enjoy the mocks that have picks that are different for instance I have seen Percy Harvin, C.Wells, Knowshon Moreno, DHB etc.The one thing that annoys me is the mocks that get lazy and have us picking James Laurinaitis. For someone who is probably going to slip into the second round going to us in the first just because we need a LB is just kind of lazy to me.

I have to agree. Part of the luxury of having 4 picks on day one is that you can make a luxury pick knowing that one of your guys are still available 10 picks later.

It would not surprise me in the least to see someone like Pettigrew or Harvin or Mack or even Moreno picked at #23 if one of them is the best player available and there's no trade option.

I kind of expect us to trade out of the round for an early 2nd and a day one pick next year, unless a bigger name falls into our laps.

Almost everyone has us drafting a LB and a safety on the first day. After that there is great divergance, as there is on this board.

We all have our preferences, but the defense should improve with these two players.

We should be getting an OL in the third. There are lots of options.
==================

That leaves us with three picks in the first hundred where we could choose from many, any options.

Almost everyone has us drafting a LB and a safety on the first day. After that there is great divergance, as there is on this board.

We all have our preferences, but the defense should improve with these two players.

We should be getting an OL in the third. There are lots of options.
==================

That leaves us with three picks in the first hundred where we could choose from many, any options.

Here are some curve balls. I think your safety could be Sean Smith (not CB, but he could surely be diverse) instead of what some may think like Moore or Chung. The ILB pick could be Brinkley (very underrated) who has had the best workout positives than almost any ILB on the board or perhaps Paul Kruger a DE conversion.
DW Toys

Here are some curve balls. I think your safety could be Sean Smith (not CB, but he could surely be diverse) instead of what some may think like Moore or Chung. The ILB pick could be Brinkley (very underrated) who has had the best workout positives than almost any ILB on the board or perhaps Paul Kruger a DE conversion.
DW Toys

You think Kruger could convert to an ILB?

Did you actually see any SC games last year? Brinkley was a shell of his pre-injury self.

I can see the Pats taking Morena at #23 as a value pick. Most of the team's needs can still be met by selecting good players in the second round. I now think that the team is drafting pure value with #23, whatever that position might be.

I can see the Pats taking Morena at #23 as a value pick. Most of the team's needs can still be met by selecting good players in the second round. I now think that the team is drafting pure value with #23, whatever that position might be.

the offseason moves have set up such luxary. And it really leaves us having to do our homework at all positions which we like to do anyway.

I can see them picking a pure luxury pick in Percy Harvin with #23. He's an Urban Meyer player and the one thing the Pats lack on offense is a home-run speed guy. You can have him returning kicks, and just imagine defenses trying to cover Harvin on a screen and Moss deep at the same time.

I can see them picking a pure luxury pick in Percy Harvin with #23. He's an Urban Meyer player and the one thing the Pats lack on offense is a home-run speed guy. You can have him returning kicks, and just imagine defenses trying to cover Harvin on a screen and Moss deep at the same time.

I think Galloway and Moss offer home-run speed

Harvin intrigues the heck out of me in a limited role way. I don't see him as a "starter" but between returns, catches out of the backfield and even some time as a 4th/5th WR he would be one heck of an "oh sh!t" factor for the opposing team, I believe.

Moss ran a 4.28. Galloway was the reputed to be the fastest player in the NFL. The WRs are talented receivers as well as speedy. No other team is the NFL has as fast a WR pair as the Patriots.

Where would Harvin play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes