PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A message to the pampered fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is changing allegiances here, but it is totally fine to complain about the team and players when we know they should be giving better performances. If fans are gonna pay big money to support the team, why shouldn't they be able to criticize the team.

It just sucks to fall short again because of seemingly solvable problems we've been having for awhile now.

Imagine if you could talk to your 2009 self about the Patriots right now. My 2009 self would probably ask (1) has the secondary improved and (2) does Brady have a deep threat? I could argue that both issues have been partially addressed, but if I was completely honest with myself, I would have expected more improvement from a coach like Bill Belichick and an owner like Robert Kraft in three years. I'm afraid to ask my 2015 self the same questions.

my biggest issue with the front office is that they're kind of caught between developing players around brady while watching brady's biological ticking clock...these guys they are getting on offense now will all be spending more of their career's with someone other than brady as QB....I'm figuring 2 more years as the absolute most for brady, and players are drafted effectively with more than 2 years in mind......

teams whose goal is to keep things going for the longer term decide to move forward with their younger QB when they feel the younger QB is ready, not when the old QB can no longer play......manning, favre, montana are perfect examples of what happens the right way when teams take the correct opportunity to move on. marino and jim kelly are perfect examples of what happens when you don't.....if the pats stay with brady until he can no longer play, they will wind up like the dolphins and bills.

It just sucks to fall short again because of seemingly solvable problems we've been having for awhile now.

Imagine if you could talk to your 2009 self about the Patriots right now. My 2009 self would probably ask (1) has the secondary improved and (2) does Brady have a deep threat? I could argue that both issues have been partially addressed, but if I was completely honest with myself, I would have expected more improvement from a coach like Bill Belichick and an owner like Robert Kraft in three years. I'm afraid to ask my 2015 self the same questions.

You could ask the same questions to the 2006 you, at least about the D.

I see all these threads that question Belichick and even Brady on here today.

I just want to remind you that before Bob Kraft, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady came together that this franchise never won a Superbowl.

Yes it hurts when the team loses in the playoffs. I'm gutted today but I realise that what has been going on in Foxboro for the last 14 years or so is just incredible.

So to all those who question things after a playoff loss I say get real. Our team has multiple divisional titles and is one of the favourites for the Superbowl every year. This will not last forever so enjoy the ride and remember that when Belichick and Brady go we are most likely going to see many baron years with losing seasons.

Please refrain from the stupidity of suggesting that Bill Belichick is not the greatest coach in the NFL. Please refrain from questioning how clutch the greatest QB of all time is.

Please just realise that you have been pampered by the greatness of these people if you only came along supporting this team in the last 15 years.

(yawning) You knew sooner or later the Sunshine Club wearing their pinkhats would be heard from.

my biggest issue with the front office is that they're kind of caught between developing players around brady while watching brady's biological ticking clock...these guys they are getting on offense now will all be spending more of their career's with someone other than brady as QB....I'm figuring 2 more years as the absolute most for brady, and players are drafted effectively with more than 2 years in mind......

teams whose goal is to keep things going for the longer term decide to move forward with their younger QB when they feel the younger QB is ready, not when the old QB can no longer play......manning, favre, montana are perfect examples of what happens the right way when teams take the correct opportunity to move on. marino and jim kelly are perfect examples of what happens when you don't.....if the pats stay with brady until he can no longer play, they will wind up like the dolphins and bills.

True but when are the Pats getting a #1 overall pick (Luck) or even a #24 ( Rodgers)? Young was a great trade for SFO, so I guess that would have to be the route, although we did do well once in the 6th round.

I was at the game yesterday and sat in the clubhouse seats and never in my life have I ever seen such a dead ass unappreciative crowd in my life for a championship game. I've seen more energetic crowds for Red Sox exhibition games in March on seniors day.

Pampered? OK, maybe. Doesn't mean we don't get frustrated and disappointed. Not many teams have made it as far into the playoffs as we have over the years but the expectation is that make it all the way and since we have pretty much had our worst games in the playoffs it doesn't seem unreasonable to express some concerns about why that is.
I'm pretty sure that Kraft and Belichick are going to be asking the same questions because there's no way that they're satisfied with how our last several seasons have ended.
There's maybe something about watching one of our arch nemeses celebrating in our house that takes some of the luster off the good times. This easily could have been the 2nd consecutive year that happened; I don't really feel pampered today.

Its kinda being hard a patriots fan because.......
1.your nervous, and anxious to where you don't even want to watch the game till late in the 4th quarter
2.your wondering when is Brady going to win his 4th.......
3. Hating fans around the NFL keep bringing up spy gate.
4. Patriots are always in the top tier of teams but always fall short.

You can't watch patriots games anymore....too many expectations.. Joe Montana comparisons.........and IM TIRED OF HATERS USING SPYGATE

I know this is killing every patriots fan.....tired of sobbing year after year. We gotta win another one to shut the haters up.:mad:

The people back here who know about the sport always call pat fans "glory hunters" because we are the BEST team.

Yeah we aren't perfect and theres still areas to improve but thats the same with any sports team in the world!

It would be boring if we won ALL the time, this is what being a fan is all about, supporting your team through thick and thin!

I've sat around being miserable all day after last nights performance but we have to be positive, think ahead and cheer up.. you could be a jets fan :)

The people back here who know about the sport always call pat fans "glory hunters" because we are the BEST team.

This is where reality needs to set in. It's been almost a decade.

Had 2001-2004 never happened, and the Patriots, post 2004, were looked at in a vacuum, what would be said about them? They are the ultimate version of Coryell's Chargers - a soft passing team that fails every postseason.

I see all these threads that question Belichick and even Brady on here today.

I just want to remind you that before Bob Kraft, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady came together that this franchise never won a Superbowl.

Yes it hurts when the team loses in the playoffs. I'm gutted today but I realise that what has been going on in Foxboro for the last 14 years or so is just incredible.

So to all those who question things after a playoff loss I say get real. Our team has multiple divisional titles and is one of the favourites for the Superbowl every year. This will not last forever so enjoy the ride and remember that when Belichick and Brady go we are most likely going to see many baron years with losing seasons.

Please refrain from the stupidity of suggesting that Bill Belichick is not the greatest coach in the NFL. Please refrain from questioning how clutch the greatest QB of all time is.

Please just realise that you have been pampered by the greatness of these people if you only came along supporting this team in the last 15 years.

YAY MULTIPLE DIVISION TITLES ! Take that Jets, Bills Dolphins! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

YAY MULTIPLE DIVISION TITLES ! Take that Jets, Bills Dolphins! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

All these Pats awesome AFC East titles are same as those Adams Division titles the Bruins have, but then again, I suspect alot of the people in here aren't bruins fans because they've cherry picked the Pats as "their" team....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back