PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A message to the commissioner from Sicily

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsGuy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Cefalu Italy
Contrary to popular opinion, the Sicilian 's first allegiance isn't to the Mafia. Why do u think I have my T on!!
The Rock in the background? My F'U to Goodell

Cefalu Italy

The beaches and water at Cefalu are so beautiful. The mention of the name makes me want to go back to Sicily so much.

Get Pauly Walnuts on the case.

Does the mafia still exist in sicily? Theyve been irrelevant in the US for years

Does the mafia still exist in sicily? Theyve been irrelevant in the US for years
Don't be naive, the Mafia is far from irrelevant in the US and Sicily. Still a multibillion dollar business.

Don't be naive, the Mafia is far from irrelevant in the US and Sicily. Still a multibillion dollar business.
Im not naive, I know they exist-but they are very small-time players in the US now, compared to what they were 25, 30, 40 years ago. Theres a lot of reasons for this and why they will never be big-time players again. Their influence used to be nation-wide, hasnt been that way for a long time. They still influence certain things in isolated pockets around the country, but nothing like it used to be.

Im not naive, I know they exist-but they are very small-time players in the US now, compared to what they were 25, 30, 40 years ago. Theres a lot of reasons for this and why they will never be big-time players again. Their influence used to be nation-wide, hasnt been that way for a long time. They still influence certain things in isolated pockets around the country, but nothing like it used to be.
I think they mostly, just got smart and stopped flaunting it as much. I think Gotti's style put an end to that.

I think they mostly, just got smart and stopped flaunting it as much. I think Gotti's style put an end to that.
That is true, but thats only part of it. What happened to them in Boston in late 80's-early 90's also happened all over the country. Gotti played his part in lessening their influence by being so flamboyant.The public just got fed up with the mob. They still exert muscle in some things-unions,loansharking, illegal gambling. But law enforcement is way more sophisticated today and went on a mission to wipe out the mafia. And thats pretty much what they did. Yes they still exist-but we will never see one big crime organization dominate the whole country like they used to. Unions also dont have the sway they used to. Drugs, prostitution,internet crime, have been scattered to many different groups. Nobody fears the mafia anymore. at least not here.

jimnance, they have their hands in everything, just because you don't hear much about them, doesn't mean they aren't thriving like in their heyday. EVERY construction contract goes through them, everything you can think of that makes money, goes through them. They are a bit smarter and have gone more old school than in years past, because every wiseguy squeals at the slightest hint of confinement if caught. So they are just being smarter about things. Most normal people, don't even know who is running each of the 5 families in NY, they are so secretive. Like in the old days. No more John Gottis running around blabbing and thinking they are invincible.

Cefalu Italy...

Man, just decided last week that our next trip to Europe will be to Cefalu, and suddenly it's everywhere. It's even the main photo of the NY Times web site right now.

A horse head in Goodell*'s bed.

I'd like to see Goodell's head in Kraft's bed.

C'mon man, think outside the box! Goodell's head on one goalpost, then Vincent, Pash and the fourth is a toss up. Wells? Irsay? Harbawl? Or maybe just a banner proclaiming "The North Remembers"?

I'd like to see Goodell's head in Kraft's bed.
I have forgiven Kraft but for purposes of this low hanging fruit I'm going to pretend it's the day after capitulation day.

Goodell getting head in Kraft's bed.

I have a special place in Pine Baron's reserved for Herr Goodell.

jimnance, they have their hands in everything, just because you don't hear much about them, doesn't mean they aren't thriving like in their heyday. EVERY construction contract goes through them, everything you can think of that makes money, goes through them. They are a bit smarter and have gone more old school than in years past, because every wiseguy squeals at the slightest hint of confinement if caught. So they are just being smarter about things. Most normal people, don't even know who is running each of the 5 families in NY, they are so secretive. Like in the old days. No more John Gottis running around blabbing and thinking they are invincible.

Mafia have always been around the world of Boxe, I wonder if they are inside the MMA too, UFC is owned by the Fertita brothers, Dana White owns a small %. Their business seems to be totally legit but with this name and Italo-American origins, I wonder if back in time they had some sort of involvement in mafia business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back