A mention of Patsfans and Miguel in the Reiss mail bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Patriots blog - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com
Just wanted to mention this and to congratulate Ian on thisGREAT site.....and to Miguel as well, as he is always on top of the Patriots cap like no other. THANKS to both of you!!! It is always great to see both mentioned in the larger media.
"A: For those readers who might be unaware, Patscap.com is on the Patsfans.com website. It is maintained by a fan (Miguel) who is excellent at the salary cap and who charts media reports and keeps a ballpark figure of the team's cap situation. " This was in context of a question about the cap and of signing draft picks, Wilfork and/or Peppers.

Last edited:
Here let me clean this up for you a bit :)
Mike, Patscap.com reports that the Patriots are only $4.3 million under the salary cap based on 66 signed or tendered players. With so little room, I don't see how the Patriots can sign their first-round and three second-round draft picks, or give Vince Wilfork an extension in this scenario. Peppers or Taylor seem out of the question. How bad is this really? Can the Pats afford to sign their draft picks? Will the cap situation improve dramatically when the roster gets reduced to 51 players?
Justin, Portsmouth NH

A: For those readers who might be unaware, Patscap.com is on the Patsfans.com website. It is maintained by a fan (Miguel) who is excellent at the salary cap and who charts media reports and keeps a ballpark figure of the team's cap situation. To answer the question Justin, I don't see the cap room as a major issue in signing draft picks. Those are true value spots in the draft that don't eat at a team's cap. Also, with a few contract tweaks, the Patriots can create the space they need if they are indeed that tight (I don't know the exact figure of cap room at this time). As for Peppers, I think it's a good point -- to acquire him, he'd presumably have to take a major pay cut. Taylor, I don't see requiring a major financial commitment at this point.
Per: Ask Reiss: Now on the clock ... Patriots draft talk - Boston.com

Miguel seems to be getting some attention this offseason as always nice work!

Last edited:
Just wanted to mention this and to congratulate Ian on thisGREAT site.....and to Miguel as well, as he is always on top of the Patriots cap like no other. THANKS to both of you!!! It is always great to see both mentioned in the larger media.
"A: For those readers who might be unaware, Patscap.com is on the Patsfans.com website. It is maintained by a fan (Miguel) who is excellent at the salary cap and who charts media reports and keeps a ballpark figure of the team's cap situation. " This was in context of a question about the cap and of signing draft picks, Wilfork and/or Peppers.

I hope everyone that visits donates to Bread of Life for Miguel.

Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing