PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Major GFY to the "these blowouts are boring!" Crowd:

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I thought it was stupid and short-sighted then, I think it's stupid and short-sighted now. I enjoy the blowouts, and I HATED this game tonight. It's not nearly as fun or enjoyable. So please, for the love of God, smarten up and leave that nonsense back in your treehouse with the other casual fans.

KFFL beckons. Go.

Games like this, regardless of the fact I know the final outcome, are almost impossible for me to watch a second time.

I think everyone here experienced at least one heart attack tonight.

Blowouts are easier as a fan, but I have to admit I found myself in a flashback to 2003 when we won a ton of games just like this one tonight. I have to admit, it gets the blood flowing and it can be fun....as long as we win.

That said, I wouldn't mind a breather either.

Busted artery, here.

I these last two weeks balance out a 56-10 win.

I completely agree. I love blowouts. Watching excruciating games against mediocre (at best) competition is not fun; it's not thrilling, it's not satisfying, it's not exciting. It's just a win that feels like a loss. I only hope that there aren't any long-term injuries from this excercize in needless suffering.

Yeah, I could live with a nice 3- or 4- score win next week. I'd enjoy watching the game sitting instead of pacing and cursing and disturbing my family.

I'd much rather have a blowout then a nailbiter like tonight.

Ditto. Seriously these last two weeks have stressed me out as a fan. I hate close games this one was the worst of all season though. Too close especially with that hail mary. Don't want to see another like this again this season, or at least until the playoffs.

Hear hear on the blowouts. Disagree about second viewings with games like this, though. As long as the Pats win, it's the second viewing I can actually enjoy.

Hear hear on the blowouts. Disagree about second viewings with games like this, though. As long as the Pats win, it's the second viewing I can actually enjoy.

The longer removed from the game, the easier it becomes.

The Eagles game was on again last Saturday night, just couldn't watch it.

I have always told people that when it comes to my team, i don't want it close, i don't like it close, i don't like "good" games. I like Blowouts. I like watching the second half with my feet up, heart rate down and sipping on the post game victory scotch. watching games like this is NOT good on the heart!

While I grew acustomed to games like this a few years ago, this season has been rough when it came to the "close" games. We've been spoiled. I expect another close game next week. Hopefully followed by two blowouts at home leading into a 15-0 game @ NYG.

I'm drinking heavily tonight, and will be enjoying a cigar in a couple hrs with some nice 21y/o scotch. Games like these damn near kill ya, but they let you know you're alive in the end...

Ill be enjoying a nice 21 year old myself....by the way, what's your name again, sweetcakes???......

I didnt have a hard time watching last week's game, or "watching" (on the computer via espn) tonight's. I knew we'd win in the end. The only one that has nearly killed me so far, was the colts game.

But bring on the blow outs.
I just hope we can find a way to stop Willie Parker early in the game next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes