PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A low cost option to replace AV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I posted this on the draft forum in response to kickers available in the draft, wanted to see what everyone thought of fulfilling this need with this guy late in the draft and a couple of cheap free agents to compete for the job.

How about Josh Huston from OSU ( I am admittedly biased ). He was stuck behind Mike Nugent for a few years after a rough redshirt freshman season. He was very impressive as a 6th year senior last year. He would have won all of the National postseason awards for kickers if those didn't end up being based on career achievement. He also kicked nearly every kickoff for a touchback, even kicking one through the uprights against a very slight wind. He would be a very cheap alternative to AV. He may not be as accurate on FG's his rookie season as AV has been, but can you imagine kickoffs going into the end zone?

Kicker has got to be the easiest position to transition to in the NFL. As far as pressure, he had about 40000 extra fans watching him every week last year. Also I don't think any available kickers can come close to him on kickoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down