PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A lot to learn from this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheeseMonkeys

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
The patriots were 2-1 last year at this time after a loss to the Jets. This year's loss was to the Buffalo Bills, another division rival. The Bills played hard and came out on top. One loss isn't the end of the world and I think the Patriots can learn from this loss and use it to their advantage.

The Patriots had a great first half and just collapsed the 2nd half of the game. I don't think the offense played bad at all this game. There were some unlucky passes where the ball was deflected and landed in the hands of the Bills defensive backs. And of course Chad dropped that ball. The work needs to be done mostly on Defense.

I think Brady was long overdue for a bad game like this and It's out of their system now. The Patriots will learn from this game and be fired up next week. I'd rather it be the Bills than the Jets because I don't think the Bills will remain on top of the division much longer.

Last edited:
What I learned is that the Pats pass rush wasn't brought to Ralph Wilson stadium with them today. It was left in Foxboro.

My Thoughts on the game:

1. McCourty had no safety help at all. The Safeties were never in the right position to make a play.

2. We need better safeties. I wont be surprised to see a safety or 2 cut.

3. Defense was awful altogether. No Pass Rush, No sacks, no nothing.

4. The Bills threw at will because our secondary doesnt know how to cover. They also ran at will. Just bad defense all around.

5. Our offense is predictable. We need a balance attack. Ground and pound!!

6. Brady was forcing throws which is why he had 4 ints. I know after this game. It wont happen again!!

7. Ocho needs to step it up. Right now its looking like he's a waste of a pick, but its only week 3.

8. Patriots NEED TO STOP WITH THIS BEND DONT BREAK DEFENSE BULLSHlT!! OUR DEFENSE IS BROKEN!!

What will happen from now:

1. BB is going to lay into Brady, the Patriots, and the coaches
2. This loss will light a fire under their ass!!
3. There will be moves made and some players cut!

Belichick fired Meriweather and Sanders. Belichick chose to go inot the season with Chung and 3 or 4 special teamers at safety. Why do you think that Belichick will change his mind?

Yes, there was lots of other blame to go around. Belichick will lay into everyone. After all, if others had played better, the aweful choices Belichick has made at safety wouldn't have mattered THIS WEEK.

1. McCourty had no safety help at all. The Safeties were never in the right position to make a play.

My Thoughts on the game:

4. The Bills threw at will because our secondary doesnt know how to cover. They also ran at will. Just bad defense all around.

6. Brady was forcing throws which is why he had 4 ints. I know after this game. It wont happen again!!

7. Ocho needs to step it up. Right now its looking like he's a waste of a pick, but its only week 3.

8. Patriots NEED TO STOP WITH THIS BEND DONT BREAK DEFENSE BULLSHlT!! OUR DEFENSE IS BROKEN!!

this is the way the pats lose games. they choke and puke all over themselves. its one thing to lose but they just melt down just like they did last year vs the jets and the way they did in 10 vs the ravens.. hell i would like to see them play well and just get beat by a bad break or a great play by the other team. but they just callapse. they either look like world beaters or they look like complete crap.

My Thoughts on the game:

Coaching

Coach/GM Drafting

Coach/GM Drafting

Coaching

Offensive coordinator

Offensive coordinator Playcalling

Coach/GM brought him in

Coach/GM Philosophy

so ? does it change OC idiot keep calling pass ? Can they run the ball - no !

Doubt it. 3 games in this is #32 ranked defense. you have a structural problem with this team, finally exposed

cut who ? Safety or the All pro CB ? or the useless LB ? Like all pros are waiting in the wings to replace cut players. Its obvious team does not have personnel to play 4-3, and substandard personnel to play 3-4. This is clearly a panzy ***** defense, not 1 player that puts a scare in opposing offense. Chad Henne threw for 400+ yards and Fitzpatrick thre for 350+ yards against the mastermind himself who has constructed this Defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes