PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A lot of stupid money being thrown out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of where Buffalo has been for years, it will be looked at as stupid if it doesn't pan out. I'm not saying that's right, but it's what happens when you suck for a couple of years and trade away draft picks while trying to rebuild.

At this point, they've got a solid core of players. They're not necessarily in the rebuilding stages. They're filling a few holes (DT, LB, WR, TE). Stroud, imo, is much better than one 3rd and one 5th round pick. The Bills don't need 10 draft picks - they needs guys who can come in and make an impact now.

If he's a bust, sure it will be looked back on as a bad trade. But that's IF he's a bust. That's not guaranteed.

Brady didn't throw to Donte much because he couldn't read defenses as well as Jabar and didn't run the proper routes. Cleveland signed a # 4 to a 10 mil guaranteed contract. Thank you for proving my point.
Losing Donte Stallworth to the Cleveland Browns is no big deal. Losing Randy Moss to another team is entirely another matter.

A #4 WR coming from the 2007 NE Patriots is easily a #2 most anywhere else. He got 4.5 million per year. Please tell me how that's overpaying compared to Berrian's contract?

Please quit while you're way behind. You clearly don't have a clue.

Stallworth couldn't beat out Gaffney who was cut by the Texans and most people never heard of. Do you wonder why BB placed Donte on the PUP while Stallworth had no idea? It seems pretty clear that Donte didn't understand the playbook.

Also, Donte couldn't beat out Wes Welker, another UFA who most people never heard of before he came to NE.

Both Jabar and Wes have something Donte will never have - football intelligence. You can't teach that. It's either there or it ain't.

dont forget cleo lemon got 9m for 3 year....lol, they are paying him 3m a YEAR

also, i think 35mil for 5 yrs for stallworth is a good deal....

if we are getting moss, giving that contract to stallworth would not have been a bad move by my opinion

Stallworth couldn't beat out Gaffney who was cut by the Texans and most people never heard of. Do you wonder why BB placed Donte on the PUP while Stallworth had no idea? It seems pretty clear that Donte didn't understand the playbook.

Also, Donte couldn't beat out Wes Welker, another UFA who most people never heard of before he came to NE.

you never heard of wes welker??

and when was he a ufa??

faneca's was 5 years/40 million, 21 guarenteed.

and cleo lemon got 9 million for 3 years. thats just pathetic.

worst deal to date:

TAMPA BAY
JEFF FAINE(C) SIGNED, 6-YEARS/$37.5 MILLION, 15 MIL GUARENTEED

dont forget cleo lemon got 9m for 3 year....lol, they are paying him 3m a YEAR

I don't know what the market is like for back up qb's, but I know they're tough to come by, jax had a ton of cap space, and they obviously want to make that extra push for the superbowl.
garrard misses time and they want insurance that's been on the field.
cut lemon a little break for his previous circumstance.

worst deal to date:

TAMPA BAY
JEFF FAINE(C) SIGNED, 6-YEARS/$37.5 MILLION, 15 MIL GUARENTEED
I'm not sure the Cleo Lemon deal is worse. Paying a stiff to backup at quarterback for on average $3 million a year is simply pathetic.

Both Jabar and Wes have something Donte will never have - football intelligence. You can't teach that. It's either there or it ain't.

Hahaha, by all means, ignore the main point of my arguments and focus on the one part you think you can win.

It's amusing how the guy right below you says:

"also, i think 35mil for 5 yrs for stallworth is a good deal....

if we are [not] getting moss, giving that contract to stallworth would not have been a bad move by my opinion "

Football intelligence or not, the fact is that he has the ability to make plays. And 4.5 million per year for a #2 WR (which seems to be what Cleveland is paying him for) is not that bad of a deal. The whole point of this thread is how terribly overpaid FA's are. When the only guy you can name as an overpaid FA for Cleveland is not even the largest WR contract on the market by far, it's not a terribly valid point.

Last edited:
G. Wilson of the soft Giant's D gets $16mil in solid money? The dude's a good player but that kind of contract is nuts. But wait, so is any 90yr. old owner wearing silver lamee to his grandkid's first communion.

Faneca could not have gotten $23mil solid from the Jets, that's got to be a mistake. He's 31!!!! Is this desperate move proof that D'Brickashaw is d'bust?

Berrian gets $16mil solid? That's more than $1mil/per the 13 touchdowns he has for his 4 yr. CAREER! Who's the Vikes QB by the way? I cannot remember, wait, I know, he's that 70's group from New Bedford, Tavares, right? Boy, what a dance session they'll have when they finally score a TD....

Moss, can be frustrated here because he didn't get all the money he wanted, or frustrated somewhere else when he never makes the Pro Bowl again. Another Bentley in the garage: $300K; Your bust in the HOF: priceless. Listen up Randy, this is your last chance.

I'm glad the Pat's have stayed out of the madness so far, but if Pace is willing to come for under $8mil/yr then sign him up now.

I'd rather have the hunger of a rookie ... and I really don't care if it's passion for the game or passion to make the big $$$ someday. Passion is what wins championships, not $$$. We know this ... we've seen it. Hopefully we find 4 or 5 of them in the draft and a few others let go before the season.

I don't know what the market is like for back up qb's, but I know they're tough to come by, jax had a ton of cap space, and they obviously want to make that extra push for the superbowl.
garrard misses time and they want insurance that's been on the field.
cut lemon a little break for his previous circumstance.

they consider cleo lemon insurance? you must be kidding with me....

if youre gonna spend good money on a backup, at least get a good back up...

Hahaha, by all means, ignore the main point of my arguments and focus on the one part you think you can win.

It's amusing how the guy right below you says:

"also, i think 35mil for 5 yrs for stallworth is a good deal....

if we are getting moss, giving that contract to stallworth would not have been a bad move by my opinion "

Football intelligence or not, the fact is that he has the ability to make plays. And 4.5 million per year for a #2 WR (which seems to be what Cleveland is paying him for) is not that bad of a deal. The whole point of this thread is how terribly overpaid FA's are. When the only guy you can name as an overpaid FA for Cleveland is not even the largest WR contract on the market by far, it's not a terribly valid point.

btw...not sure if you typed that wrong or me, but its supposed to read if we Did NOT sign moss, then i would love to have donte for 4.5mil a year

btw...not sure if you typed that wrong or me, but its supposed to read if we Did NOT sign moss, then i would love to have donte for 4.5mil a year

Haha, sorry if I abused your quote to support my argument. Although Stallworth was actually signed to 7 years and 35 million. And I would say it still counts, since the Browns didn't sign Moss. Do you mind that I use it?

Oh now I see what you're saying. I copy and pasted, so I guess you said it wrong. I'll fix it in mine if you fix it in yours. Deal?

Sadly, Mangenious, while Jets fans are probably overhyped by their start to the new 'season', a fair chunk of Patriots fans have turned into complete idiots and are crying because New England hasn't signed Bob the Janitor to a 5 year, $55 million dollar deal. Part of this is because Moss hasn't signed, but a large part is simply people behaving as if they don't have the brains God gave a turnip.

Ohhh, that's beautiful!!!

The San Diego Chargers have plenty of cap space.
and it's all gonna go to locking up key players over the next few years (merriman castillo cromartie rivers olshansky jackson)

we got a long list that comes due after the 09 season, i'm hoping we take care of them starting this year and get some minor discounts that allow us to keep em all in-house like we have been

The only problem with the Chargers strategy this year is that San Diego is without a second, third, and another lower round draft pick (exercised in the 2007 supplemental draft). I have no idea if the Chargers will be granted compensatory draft picks in the 2008 NFL Draft.
they used the 2nd on chambers, the 3rd on weddle, and the 4th on paul oliver

the roster is already pretty deep so not much need, but i think they may try and get another 1st day pick, doubt it happens though.

we should be getting at least a 4th round comp pick for donnie edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye