Welcome to PatsFans.com

A lot of Republicans really are racist

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

How can anyone support Ron Paul after all the stories about his newsletters and the mounting body of evidence that he was aware of what those newsletters contained, as well as the fact that he refuses to disavow the support he's receiving from openly racist groups? He should be hounded out of the party for his disgusting views. But, there's so much silence.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/26/u...disavow-the-support.html?pagewanted=1&_r=3&hp

But he did not disavow their support. “If they want to endorse me, they’re endorsing what I do or say — it has nothing to do with endorsing what they say,” said Mr. Paul, who is now running strong in Iowa for the Republican nomination.

Ron Paul Holding Iowa Lead In New PPP Poll

The first new poll of likely Republican caucusgoers in Iowa since the Christmas holiday shows little change. Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) continues to run slightly ahead of former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney (24 to 20 percent), followed by former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (13 percent), Rep. Michelle Bachmann (R-Minn.) (11 percent), Texas Gov. Rick Perry and former Sen. Rick Santorum (10 percent each), former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman (4 percent) and former Louisiana Gov. Buddy Roemer (2 percent).
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  2. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

People make mistakes Patters,

Maybe at one time in his life he thought this way and maybe he changed.....Forgiveness is a great thing! I don't condone any of this stuff and he was wrong to be tied to this, he should of known better....

I'm sure he's ashamed of this stuff and that's prob why he doesn't want to talk about it, I mean if I was him I know I would be! There will never be a perfect candidate because there will never be a perfect human being, we grow we change and we move on....I will still vote for him not because I agree with everything he says or stands for but because out of all the rest he's the best one!

We should try and stop throwing mud at each other and focus on the issues and concerns of our country, the more we ignore our problems the worse they will get. Obama used to hang out will Bill Ayers and he was not a very good person, dose that mean I should hate Obama? or accuse him of being a Terrorist? No its means he made a mistake and we should move on.....

This is why the left is no better then the right, you both want it both ways, your mad at the right for throwing mud but you turn around and do the same thing, its makes both parties look like idiots.....imo
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

The answer of course is that most Paul supporters aren't either conservative or pubbies. for evidence look no further than the Paul supporters on this board.

Most conservatives are not isolationist or 9-11 truthers. Take the chief Paul apologist here, Ilikesome people and Titus angry, not what I think of when I think of pubbies or conservative.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

First of all, Paul is a libertarian. He's lists himself as a Republican because in today's day and age of politics you have to be one of Coke or Pepsi to get people to pay attention to you.

Paul's being a libertarian is probably part of the reason why he won't disavow their support. I'm going to guess that he believes people should be free to think whatever it is they want, even if he disgrees with what those views might be.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

He calls himself a libertarian, but in reality is not.. he chooses several of their issues, but disregards a whole lot. He is a LINO..

Gary Johnson is much more of libertarian who I could support.. women's right to choose, open borders, legalize drugs, marriage equality, no wars unless we are transgressed, limited foreign aid, downsizing federal government.. etc.

Gary Johnson 2012
  6. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

We will see as time goes on, comparing Paul to MLK is a pyss poor comparison.

I know that a libertarian, supports the constitution, quite strictly.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Martin Luther King was a Jesus and God Church Man, I don't think Paul is into that like King was.
  9. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The reality is that over the last 5 years, people, of this country have been listening to Ron Paul's message. and it's the most non-racist message you ever heard.

The MSM levying attacks on him, in an era where the population in general have no faith in our large insiotutions like media, all it does it look like a manufactured attack.

when you have a candidate who has the most consistent record ever known in modern day politics, who says numerous times those aren't his beliefs, and he didn't write them. The people are siding with him.

"Ron Paul for the Long Haul" rap song by King Solomon and Roy Shivers - YouTube
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Ron Paul is starting to make the Racist Obama Lovers nervous so now they will "smear the living sh!t out of him" it won't be long before they start on his sex life and going through his rubbish barrels.
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

What evidence do you have that he's ashamed of it? His policies actually mesh with his racist views. After all, his form of libertarianism clearly favors those of the majority culture. Further, he has not forcefully condemned those newsletters, has lied about them repeatedly, has not disavowed the support he's getting from those people who believe what he said in those newsletters, and has not even offered to donate the money he earned from those newsletters to anti-racist causes. Sure, we all grow and change, but where's the evidence that Ron Paul has?

This is not mud slinging against Ron Paul. Everything about him suggests he really is a bigot: he and his son support legalizing discrimination; they oppose government programs that help the poor, who are disproportionately minority; they believe in states rights, which has been a key theme of segregationists and bigots; and he again refuses to disavow racist right wing support or come down hard on the content of his newsletters.

Perhaps if you want to make your case, you'll provide some links showing how over the eyars he's reached out to people of color and gays and how he's come down hard on groups that support him which also espouse true racism. I'd also like to know exactly how he plans to transition the economy to his way of thinking without causing terrible hardship for the American poor. What I'm seeing is that Ron Paul, the coward that he is, is trying to avoid the issues, and largely letting his spokespeople do his bidding.

12. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +251 / 4 / -8

LOL......democrats are every bit as racist. they take 5 minutes to make a PC statement, then carry on with their lives just as racist as the next guy.

it is pure fallacy that liberals have had any kind of hand in the advancement of any minority in this country but have spent much time manipulating them for their own political and economic gain
  13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I guess being opposed to the welfare state means you're a racist. :rolleyes:
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Ron Paul is the real deal when it comes to racism. That's why racist groups are backing him and he's not disavowing their support. That is why he believes that business should have the right to discriminate based on race. That is why he talked extensively on video about his newsletter, even though it contained many racist and homophobic comments, which he's now conveniently denying it

Stormfront Founder Don Black Says White Supremacists Thought Ron Paul Was ‘One of Us’ | PolitickerNY

Ron Paul was a hot topic this week on the talk radio show hosted by prominent white supremacist Don Black and his son Derek....

“Everybody, all of us back in the 80′s and 90′s, felt Ron Paul was, you know, unusual in that he had actually been a Congressman, that he was one of us and now, of course, that he has this broad demographic–broad base of support,” Mr. Black said on his broadcast yesterday.

Mr. Black is a former Klansman and member of the American Nazi Party who founded the “white nationalist” website Stormfront in 1995. He donated to Mr. Paul in 2007 and has been photographed with the candidate. Mr. Paul has vocal supporters in Stormfront’s online forum. Mr. Black has repeatedly said he doesn’t currently think Mr. Paul is a “white nationalist.”

http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=10485&MediaType=1&Category=26

Ron Paul's Iowa campaign director Michael Heath serves as board chairman of the anti-gay group Americans for Truth about Homosexuality (AFTAH), BoxTurtleBulletin.com reported.

The Illinois-based group was founded by anti-gay rights activist Peter LaBarbera and has been designated as an anti-gay hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
  15. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Ron Paul said of Don Black's support, that when someone gives you money, it's a show of their support of what your saying, not that the candidate supports what they are saying.

Don Black Supports Ron Paul, does not mean Ron Paul supports Don Black.

Same as radical Weather underground supports Obama, but it doesnt mean Obama supports them.

I will say again,
    When you have a candidate who has the most consistent record ever known in modern day politics, who says numerous times those aren't his beliefs, and he didn't write them. The people are siding with him.

After a week of attacks, Ron Paul added 1 point in Iowa, and the news of the newsletters, which 3 days ago dominated news.google.com, are no where to be found. He weathered it, and it's on to the next thing that is brought up.

I am sure the next attack will be his age.
  16. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

and the Dems hate white people...so it all evens out
  17. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I see the Talking Points Memo has the next attack out...

So someone who supports Ron Paul, does crazy ****, means Ron wants to kill gay people...

Wow, the media and a few establishment minded people are bending over backwards to smear Paul.

This is getting pathetic.
  18. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Again, latest Poll just released, Ron Paul gains significant points in New Hampshire.

New Hampshire Republican Presidential Preference Primary

Last Poll had Paul and Newt tied, Paul is surging at the right time. Combined with a Iowa win, he might just give Romney a run for his money...

Hold on to your seats...
  19. Patters

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Obama just returned $70,000 to John Corzine because of Corzine's appearance of unethnical behavior. (Nothing's been proven yet.) Obama to my knowledge does not get support from any far left groups, and his supposed connection to Ayers is not based on evidence, so it's a different situation than with Ron Paul who not only profited off racist newsletters but hires a radical homophobe to run his Iowa campaign.. Ron Paul should return any monies from radical groups and donate the profits he made from that newsletter to worthy causes. I can understand that issues of racism and homophobia are not important to those who are not minorities, but why gloss over the truth? Why not just be honest and say that, while you may not like Ron Paul's racism and homophobia, you don't consider those issues very important?
  20. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So what... That's his choice, and it doesn't make Ron Paul's statement any less perfectly accurate.

He's not Rasict, I believe what he says, he didn't write it, he doesn't support it, and he's a true champion of individual liberty.