PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A look forward. BB needs to go out on top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd_Christmas

I can delete my own crap!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I feel this topic is relevant because of some of the things we are hearing from the media and even some fans following the Seymour trade and in part because our championships are a few years behind us.

I really hope that when BB does decide to call it quits, he does so while on top.

Otherwise, it is going to get very ugly. The media, and even some fans, harbor a dislike for him and his style and you hear complaints even when we are winning championships. It has come out more lately since we haven't won a championship in a few years... especially among some fans.

Can you imagine how unbearable it would become if we had a couple of losing seasons? I doubt his detractors would care a bit that he is the best coach this team has ever had and probably will ever have... probably one of the top 5 coaches ever in the NFL... arguably even the best.

None of that will matter. BB is abrasive, secretive, and mechanical (ie boring). He comes off to some to be arrogant, rude, and uncaring. They will ignore his accomplishments and the raw emotion of him talking about Bruschi and will instead talk up spygate and his many faults (in their eyes anyway).

He isn't the kind of saviour for this team that they want. He isn't flashy. He doesn't give them all-access and provide sensational sound bites. He doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve. Hell, his hoodie doesn't even have sleeves!

He dares to put football above common decency (running up the score), above the media, above the players, and even above the fans! (the ultimate sacrilege)

I hope he does go out on top because when it is over, he deserves to be remembered for his greatness, not all the superfluous crap that media types and some others like to b!tch about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back