A look at the Buffalo Offensive Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060905/1017081.asp

History shows that teams with good offensive lines win. New England didn't have any well-known blockers when it won three Super Bowls in the last five years, but it didn't have wholesale changes, either.
Did I miss the part where 2003 was a fire drill inside? And 2004 was mid-season injury switch at RT - not to mention the Pittsburgh fiasco where Hochstein and Neal took RT reps... Then there was the 2005 club that went to the playoffs with three injury replacements on the line. I guess it depends on defining wholesale or maybe selective memory. :rolleyes:

Box_O_Rocks said:
not to mention the Pittsburgh fiasco where Hochstein and Neal took RT reps... T

hey, I though I saw Hochstein at RT during last weeks Giants game! BB, once again preparing for any possibility.

I think our OL outclasses every line in the AFC East. Many pundits are not taking into account the horrible O-line of the Dolphins when making predictions. Vernon Carey is about as good as Brandon Gorin. They also have Arizona castoff LJ Shelton at LT. Bennie Anderson couldn't cut it Buffalo.

Ichiro said:
hey, I though I saw Hochstein at RT during last weeks Giants game! BB, once again preparing for any possibility.

I think our OL outclasses every line in the AFC East. Many pundits are not taking into account the horrible O-line of the Dolphins when making predictions. Vernon Carey is about as good as Brandon Gorin. They also have Arizona castoff LJ Shelton at LT. Bennie Anderson couldn't cut it Buffalo.

That just goes to show why you are on a web site pretending like you understand the game of football and the experts get paid. Miami's line was better then NE 's last year. Miami may not have added world beaters this year, but we didn't break the bank either. The Fins line improved and just because because "non-experts" such as yourself don't agree means little in the real world. The one thing you seem to ignore (big shock) is the coaching in place in Miami, it has a lot to do with the production from the line. I just love the mentality on this site, if you're not playing for NE you suck!! What stupidity.

feelthepain said:
That just goes to show why you are on a web site pretending like you understand the game of football and the experts get paid. Miami's line was better then NE 's last year.

Wow, what an accomplishment. 3/5 of the Pats OL was on IR last year, genius.

feelthepain said:
That just goes to show why you are on a web site pretending like you understand the game of football and the experts get paid. Miami's line was better then NE 's last year. Miami may not have added world beaters this year, but we didn't break the bank either. The Fins line improved and just because because "non-experts" such as yourself don't agree means little in the real world. The one thing you seem to ignore (big shock) is the coaching in place in Miami, it has a lot to do with the production from the line. I just love the mentality on this site, if you're not playing for NE you suck!! What stupidity.
Didn't we use our qb to kick a PAT against you guys last year?

feelthepain said:

Uh, then why come here? Must be for that non-expertise.

feelthepain said:

LMAO, you rip him because he gave his opinion, yet in the same post you give your own "expert" opinion. Man talk about a Hypocrite.

feelthepain said:
You are correct that Miami's line was certainly better than the Patriots last year. But when your two best lineman end up going down on IR and you have to put two rookies into the starting lineup and put a non center in at center. It was all a mess but they still werent too bad. A healthy Pats line this year will be dominant.

Box_O_Rocks said:

Holy optimism, Batman!

He may have a chance on the offensive side of the ball, even though the Bills are deep at wide receiver with veterans Lee Evans, Sam Aiken, Peerless Price, Josh Reed and Andre Davis.

The only quality WR in this group is Evans. Aiken is a big, slow possession receiver. Price was a flash in the pan (2002). Reed was considered a 2nd round bust and re-signed for a pittance. Davis was only productive for one game with the Pats (Saints) and contributed nothing beyond that. Parrish is only 5'8", btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes