A Quick Look at the Nation's Top Seniors for '08

Quarterbacks Defensive Ends
1. Brian Brohm, Louisville 1. Lawrence Jackson, USC
2. Chad Henne, Michigan 2. Louis Holmes, Arizona
3. Colt Brennan, Hawaii 3. Quinton Groves, Auburn
4. Erik Ainge, Tennessee 4. Chris Long, Virginia
5. Sam Keller, Nebraska 5. Kenny Iwebema, Iowa

Running Backs Defensive Tackles
1. Mike Hart, Michigan 1. Glenn Dorsey, L.S.U.
2. Allen Patrick, Oklahoma 2. Frank Okam, Texas.
3. Rafael Little, Kentucky 3. Sedrick Ellis, USC
4. Ryan Torain, Arizona St. 4. Andre Fluellen, Florida St.
5. Tashard Choice, Georgia Tech 5. Marcus Harrison, Arkansas

Fullbacks Outside Linebackers
1. Peyton Hillis, Arkansas 1. Dan Connor, Penn St.
2. Owen Schmitt, West Virginia 2. Keith Rivers, USC
3. Jacob Hester, L.S.U. 3. Brian Toal, Boston College
3. Michael Pitrie, U.C.L.A. 4. Xavier Adibi, Virginia Tech
3. Doug Jones, Cincinnati 5. Ali Highsmith, L.S.U.

Wide Receivers Inside Linebackers
1. Adarious Bowman, Oklahoma St. 1. Jonathan Goff, Vanderbilt
2. Limas Sweed, Texas 2. Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina
3. Andre Caldwell, Florida 3. J Leman, Illinois
4. Early Doucet, L.S.U. 4. Vince Hall, Virginia Tech
5. Keenan Burton, Kentucky 5. Beau Bell, UNLV

Tight Ends Cornerbacks
1. John Carlson, Notre Dame 1. Zack Bowman, Nebraska
2. Martin Rucker, Missouri 2. Paul Oliver, Georgia
3. Fred Davis, USC 3. Antoine Cason, Arizona
4. Kory Sperry, Colorado St. 4. Dwight Lowery, San Jose St.
5. Tate Casey, Florida 5. Terrell Thomas, USC

Offensive Tackles Safeties
1. Jake Long, Michigan 1. Tom Zbikowski, Notre Dame
2. Sam Baker, USC 2. Jamar Adams, Michigan
3. Barry Richardson, Clemson 3. Josh Pinkard, USC
4. Kirk Barton, Ohio St. 4. Darien Williams, Oklahoma
5. Gosder Cherilus, Boston College 5. Jonathan Hefney, Tennessee

Offensive Guards
1. Will Arnold, L.S.U.
2. Shannon Tevaga, U.C.L.A.
3. Jordan Grimes, Purdue
4. Roy Schuening, Oregon St.
5. SirVincent Rogers, Houston

Centers
1. John Sullivan, Notre Dame
2. Doug Legursky, Marshall
3. Adam Spieker, Missouri
4. Tony Brinkhaus, Minnesota
5. Kory Lichtensteiner, Bowling Green

Last edited:
Don't bother with any LBers, please..............

A list of Patriot FA next year:
CB Asante Samuel
LB Tedy Bruschi
S Eugene Wilson
WR Reche Caldwell
CB Tory James
CB Chad Scott
CB Randall Gay
S Mel Mitchell
S Atrell Hawkins
LS Lonie Paxton
WR Jabar Gaffney
OL Gene Mruczkowski
LB Larry Izzo
LB Eric Alexander
WR Jonathan Smith

Throw in possible Harrison's retirement and we have needs at S, CB, LB. Sound familiar?

All we know right now is this......

The Pats passed on LB David Harris, DE Allan Branch, CB Chris Houston, & OL Joe Staley at #28 to get the 49ers 1st pick next year.

Which should be anywhere from #14 - #22. The 49ers should be a bubble playoff team in 2007.

So the player selected in 2008 better have a better career than the afore-mentioned players. Otherwise, Scott & Bill will have miss fired on this one. We'll have to wait and see on this one, but I will be watching these players closely.

All we know right now is this......

The Pats passed on LB David Harris, DE Allan Branch, CB Chris Houston, & OL Joe Staley at #28 to get the 49ers 1st pick next year.

Which should be anywhere from #14 - #22. The 49ers should be a bubble playoff team in 2007.

So the player selected in 2008 better have a better career than the afore-mentioned players. Otherwise, Scott & Bill will have miss fired on this one. We'll have to wait and see on this one, but I will be watching these players closely.

Tweet! Penalty, stacking the deck! :)

First, they traded #28 for the 49ers #1 and Randy Moss.
Second, and the real point of this post: the Pats may have passed on all four players, but they could only have picked one of them. You can't say that their 2008 pick has to turn out better than all four...you have to name the one you think they should have selected and track his career vs. their eventual pick.

Kind of surprised that Ricky Santos isn't on the radar for 2008...kid will make a roster somewhere--probably like Matt Jones...

Tweet! Penalty, stacking the deck! :)

First, they traded #28 for the 49ers #1 and Randy Moss.
Second, and the real point of this post: the Pats may have passed on all four players, but they could only have picked one of them. You can't say that their 2008 pick has to turn out better than all four...you have to name the one you think they should have selected and track his career vs. their eventual pick.

I am not sure whom the Pats would have drafted that's why I put up IMO the best players available. If I were GM, I would have selected CB Chris Houston.

As for Moss, it just happened to end up being the 4th rounder from the 49ers...I am sure that SP & BB didn't know at that time (in the 1st round) that it would end up going to Oakland.

Now we wait and see.

if he declares for the draft, darren mcfadden is the #1 rb and probably the #1 pick in the 2008 draft , barring injury

I am not sure whom the Pats would have drafted that's why I put up IMO the best players available. If I were GM, I would have selected CB Chris Houston.

As for Moss, it just happened to end up being the 4th rounder from the 49ers...I am sure that SP & BB didn't know at that time (in the 1st round) that it would end up going to Oakland.

Now we wait and see.
Beauty is in the eyes of the GM.

Instead of taking BPA, the Pats accepted a trade offer that set them up well on Day Two and in 2008. Read that again please, and remember BB preaches situational football. BB didn't "know" he was trading for Moss with the 4th round pick. What he did know, that 4th rounder put him in the position to make a play. It's exactly the same stuff he teaches his players, get yourself in the right position for each situation and you're ready to make a play. I am not a Moss fan, I have strong reservations about his signing, that said, BB knows more than I and his trade actions on Day One created the opportunity he exploited. BB has two chances (Moss and 2008) to get better production out of that #28, hard to second guess him from that perspective.

Beauty is in the eyes of the GM.

Instead of taking BPA, the Pats accepted a trade offer that set them up well on Day Two and in 2008. Read that again please, and remember BB preaches situational football. BB didn't "know" he was trading for Moss with the 4th round pick. What he did know, that 4th rounder put him in the position to make a play. It's exactly the same stuff he teaches his players, get yourself in the right position for each situation and you're ready to make a play. I am not a Moss fan, I have strong reservations about his signing, that said, BB knows more than I and his trade actions on Day One created the opportunity he exploited. BB has two chances (Moss and 2008) to get better production out of that #28, hard to second guess him from that perspective.

Yeah, BB basically said that to Boomer when interviewed late Saturday night.

Don't forget that the Pats used the 4th from the 49ers trade to take Moss, so Moss plus the 2008 1st rounder should more than exceed Staley provded Moss gets down to business.

Have to add this item that I tripped over in foxspots.com- Perloff w/ a mock 2008 draft. You have to love the fact that they (the "experts") are still giving the Pats a LB & DB in the 1st round...

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/7630?new=true

I'm jumping early on the James Laurinaitis bandwagon...

How do they not list Darren McFadden as one of the top running backs? In fact, he is clearly the best back in the nation.

What amazes me is that we are going into that draft with 5 pix in the first three rounds, what a position of power.. even if we do not use the pix, think of the possibility for trades and for future pix. This FO continues to amaze me on how they seem to be able to turn nothing into something.

How do they not list Darren McFadden as one of the top running backs? In fact, he is clearly the best back in the nation.

Because he will be a Junior next year. Everyone does expect him to come out early, but he probably won't be ranked until he declares for the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots