PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A little piece of history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill's Girl said:
Way off topic, but it is hard to imagine BB rocking out to Bon Jovi......my girlfriends and I spent endless days in front of MTV drooling over him when we were 16, you know with our big hair tied up in bandanas like the one Jon used to wear in the Wanted Dead or Alive video? I wonder if BB ever wore a bandana? :D
Yeah, when I first learned BB's music tastes I was pretty shocked, I guess I would have almost expected chamber music over headbanging. Honestly, made me love the guy even more though. And no, I can not picture BB in a bandana. :)

jczxohn1 said:
Here's one for you TSD--The best song Elvis ever recorded was on the flip side of "Heartbreak Hotel". What was it? :)
Had to cheat and Google it. While I'm old enough to have spun the wax early in my career, I missed the 45 era. We were spinning LPs and preparing for the move to analog tape cartridges (carts), so I missed the whole flip-side thing.

I could have told you that Hearbreak Hotel charted number 1 in 1956, but I couldn't have told you that the flip side was 'I was the One'.

[.

I could have told you that Hearbreak Hotel charted number 1 in 1956, but I couldn't have told you that the flip side was 'I was the One'.[/QUOTE]
:singing:
I salute your resourcefulness. It really was a great tune.

Last edited:
jczxohn1 said:
I salute your resourcefulness. It really was a great tune.
Actually, going to have to download it, because I can't recall it and now I'm curious. I know I've heard it. My personal fave from The King, by far is the live rendition of Suspicious Minds from the show in Hawaii (1972 or 73?).

Way off-topic. Elvis's Suspicious Minds from Hawaii is third on my all time favorite live songs, just behind Neil Diamond's Hot August Night version of "Crunchy Granola Suite" and Queensryche's Empire version of "Best I Can". :D

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
Actually, going to have to download it, because I can't recall it and now I'm curious. I know I've heard it. My personal fave from The King, by far is the live rendition of Suspicious Minds from the show in Hawaii (1972 or 73?).

Way off-topic. Elvis's Suspicious Minds from Hawaii is third on my all time favorite live songs, just behind Neil Diamond's Hot August Night version of "Crunchy Granola Suite" and Queensryche's Empire version of "Best I Can". :D
Way,way off-topic.Being from Okla., I'm a little more country. Check out "Tell Me About Your Teardrops" by Tanya Tucker and Delbert McClinton or Jerry Lee Lewis' version of "You Win Again".:)

jczxohn1 said:
Way,way off-topic.Being from Okla., I'm a little more country. Check out "Tell Me About Your Teardrops" by Tanya Tucker and Delbert McClinton or Jerry Lee Lewis' version of "You Win Again".:)
If I remember that song correctly, I hated it.. but the memory is fuzzy on that one so add another to my download list. Delbert McClinton rocks though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back