PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Little Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanSince74

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Before some of our fellow Posters consign this team to the trash heap and run its ownership out of town, let's compare the Patriots' run over the last five years with three of the other great Dynasties of the modern era. The bottom line is that, while we have mythical memories of those teams, shrouded in the mists of time, it wasn't a straight line for any of them and they all had rocky periods.

Since the 2001 season, the Pats have appeared in and won Three SB's, with a combined Regular Season W/L percentage of .725 and have missed the Playoffs once, going 9--7 in that season while getting eliminated on the last day of the season.

Between the 1981 and 1994 seasons, the '49-ers appeared in and won Four SB's, with a combined Regular Season W/L percentage of .736, but missed the Playoffs three times and went 10--6 four times and 10-5-1 once.

Between the 1970 and 1978 seasons, the Cowboys appeared in five SB's, winning two, with a combined Regular Season W/L percentage of .734, missed the Playoffs once but also had to get in on the Wild Card three times.

Between the 1982 and 1991 seasons, the Redskins appeared in four SB's, winning three, with a combined W/L percentage of .704, but missed the Playoffs three times, going 10-6 and 7-9 in two of the years.

We're only 2--1. Our Offense is adapting to some big changes made, IMHO, in the interests of being stronger in the future and not having to wait 26 YEARS between SB wins like the Steelers. We're gonna win the Division. We're gonna make some noise in January. Let's all take a deep breath!

Last edited:
You make excellent points. It is only 1 game. But it was DENVER. 3 straight losses now to them. I thought last year was due to bad luck and injuries. Now I have to say "NO" it's because they have a better team and coaches.

Our team said all week this was not a revenge game. Well to my surprise they meant it. And they played like it. We can go 15-1 and if we meet Denver in the playoffs my money goes on Denver. Show me don't tell me Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.

During the Elway years you could make the excuse it was due to the HOF play of John Elway. Now we have to use the excuse it is due to the HOF play of Jake "The Mistake" Plummer.

rabthepat said:
You make excellent points. It is only 1 game. But it was DENVER. 3 straight losses now to them. I thought last year was due to bad luck and injuries. Now I have to say "NO" it's because they have a better team and coaches.

I think last year was due to bad luck, some injuries and terrible execution on the part of the Patriots.

LAST NIGHT, though - that was being outplayed and outcoached. Last night doesn't change anything from last year in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back