PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A List Ridiculous Quotes by Media Pundits on Patriots' Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Jackie MacMullan? (For us folks who dont live in Mass.)

Jackie MacMullen is a writer for the Boston Globe who used to write very good feature articles. She can also been seen on various TV shows and she wrote a book about UConn women's basketbal coach Gino Aurigemma.

Lately however, Jackie has taken on the anti-BB cause calling him a "flawed man." The hatred seemed to pick around around the time that Ted Johnson revelaed his problems with head injuries. Jackie quoted Ted as saying BB was the cause because he made him after too soon after a concussion. Ted later back tracked on that.

She used to be a woman I really respected, envied in fact, because she had a job I thought I'd like to do. I no longer read her and certainly no longer respect her.

Last edited:
"The Patriots made a desperate move by trading for Randy Moss, clearly a move made directly to counter the New York Jets drafting Revis."

- NY Newsday

Belichick has known for a long time that, one day, a rookie corner would go to the Jets and shift the balance of power in the East, forcing Bill into an act of total desperation. The prophecy foretold it.

draft grades from Dr. Z

PATRIOTS -- Incomplete
I'll believe it when I see it. Belichick's magic wand is now about to transform one of the NFL's biggest dogs into America's sweetheart. Oh, I know the argument. The Raiders stunk, therefore Randy wasn't happy, therefore why should he give it much effort? I wonder how coach Belichick and personnel director Scott Pioli would have reacted to that argument before they heard the angel music.

Since all NFL people believe in reincarnation, Moss is now being portrayed as an incarnation of Corey Dillon, who had a bit of a reputation before he joined New England and performed heroically. Sorry, the argument doesn't wash. Dillon never quit in games, walked off the field before a contest was over and admitted that he played hard only when he felt like it. If I'm wrong and New England cakewalks into the Super Bowl on Brady to Moss fireworks, OK, I'll be the first to tell you. But not yet.

The rest of the Patriots' draft? Oh, one first-day choice, safetyman, Brandon Meriweather, whom they like to say has "character issues," a common NFL euphemism that's kind of like Adult Entertainment.

draft grades from Dr. Z

The rest of the Patriots' draft? Oh, one first-day choice, safetyman, Brandon Meriweather, whom they like to say has "character issues," a common NFL euphemism that's kind of like Adult Entertainment.

Seriously, sportswriters who go out on a limb with lies and slander need to be called out over time. In the coming generation, I don't see how sportswriters will survive against all the intelligent analysis on the internet.

I addition to what Hoodie said, she used to cover the NBA, almost exclusively. Her early-mid 1990's NBA sunday notes collumn was a must read. She has great sources but has really fallen hard lately.

BTW, if she wants to see a "flawed man", she needs to look no further than the man whose biography she co-wrote. Geno Auriema (sp) is a great coach, outstanding recruiter, but he can be the biggest arse on the planet. I tutored one of his players during my college years and some of the stories she came in with were amazing, in a negative way (and supported by her teammates). Geno is no more a man of virtue than BB.

If I'm wrong and New England cakewalks into the Super Bowl on Brady to Moss fireworks, OK, I'll be the first to tell you. But not yet.
Interesting. In spite of the yapping of dogs, their respect shows whether they mean it to or not.

If we win the superbowl, we will have had a successful draft. Otherwise it was a flop. How many teams do you think he said that about?

I am betting that writers will look at two teams with that viewpoint: the Pats and Colts. If either do not make it to the Superbowl, they will have had a bad season, starting with a bad off-season. If the Jets, Jags, 49ers, etc make the playoffs and go one-and-done, they will be looked at as successful. If the Browns, Dolphins, Bills, Cards, etc just have a winning season, they will be lauded.

But the Pats and Colts, and maybe the Chargers, no, they must make the Superbowl or be consdiered to have had a failure season.

The thing that gives me hope is that these three teams were pretty equal last year (the final games that eliminated the CHargers and pats went down to the wire), and we imporved ourselves more in the off-season than either of the two.

The anti-Pats bias shows in how our off-season is viewed by some morons. When a ateam does a lot to improve itself, it has done a lot to imporve itself. Why do they see massive improvement as an act of desperation? Was he Jets trading up an act of desparation? The Browns going back for a franchise Qb after getting Thomas? That is one thing I don't understand.

On Around the Horn, Jackie MacMullan was IRATE - screaming at the other "contestants" and deriding them for drinking the "Patriots' Kool-Aid." She said Meriweather and Moss are "thugs."
They are thugs because BB drafted them. Otherwise she might have had compassion, as she showed Ted Johnson, whose behavior could have been viewed as thug-ish also by a cold-hearted person. She tried to understand Johnson, but is just using Meriweather as a weapon to beat on Belichick. Sick.

They are thugs because BB drafted them. Otherwise she might have had compassion, as she showed Ted Johnson, whose behavior could have been viewed as thug-ish also by a cold-hearted person. She tried to understand Johnson, but is just using Meriweather as a weapon to beat on Belichick. Sick.
Great point!!! It just amazes me how the tide turns. On Sunday morning there was almost universal praise for this deal by almost every talking head I watched, but it seemed like suddenly a light bulb went on and a bunch of writers thought "i'll be the one to say it was a bad move, I'll be thought of as brilliant!" and they and their ridiculous stories came crawling out of the woodwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back